Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideline Coaching - Bernie Ward 2018

What a chit show sometimes. Parents: stop it, you know you should shut it, you were never as good as you thought you were (or never played at all), coaching is different from playing and not only are you distracting your kid and their teammates, you are annoying ME.

Seriously just read the attached please as the season starts off. Saw a cfc girls game with a parent sideline coaching every single player on the field the entire game. Everyone is a little guilty once in a while, but this was ridiculous. Just clap from now on ok?

"Every once in a while, however, a player’s attention may be drawn to his or her hyper parent yelling instructions or making a scene from the sideline. While parents’ actions may simply be the result of wanting the best for their child, their behavior can have a negative effect on their young athlete’s enjoyment of the game."

sideline_etiquette_6_tips_to_make_youth_soccer_bet ter_for_parents_and_players

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/sideli...s_and_players/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What a chit show sometimes. Parents: stop it, you know you should shut it, you were never as good as you thought you were (or never played at all), coaching is different from playing and not only are you distracting your kid and their teammates, you are annoying ME.

Seriously just read the attached please as the season starts off. Saw a cfc girls game with a parent sideline coaching every single player on the field the entire game. Everyone is a little guilty once in a while, but this was ridiculous. Just clap from now on ok?

"Every once in a while, however, a player’s attention may be drawn to his or her hyper parent yelling instructions or making a scene from the sideline. While parents’ actions may simply be the result of wanting the best for their child, their behavior can have a negative effect on their young athlete’s enjoyment of the game."

Filling the void left by the lack of coaching from the paid coach no doubt.

In game I agree, everyone, including the coach should pipe down. I have seen the great jack n from st joes choreographing his team. Coach them during the week. During the game, write sone notes about what needs to be worked on. No need to scream directions.....anyone!

Comment

Filling the void left by the lack of coaching from the paid coach no doubt.

In game I agree, everyone, including the coach should pipe down. I have seen the great jack n from st joes choreographing his team. Coach them during the week. During the game, write sone notes about what needs to be worked on. No need to scream directions.....anyone!
        How about the coaches too. I saw a tool from acgreen girls team scream like a giddy school girl at everyone. Parents, the other coach, his kids... even went down the sideline to other coach and mocked him. Biggest tool ever.

Comment

I think i was next to this lunatic for a few minutes before i moved far away. Parents are aholes

Comment

I think i was next to this lunatic for a few minutes before i moved far away. Parents are aholes
            Most CFC parents are nut job lickers

Comment

Most CFC parents are nut job lickers
              Haha!

Comment

Jack N is embarrassing. Not sure why St J would employ such a yeller. Absolute joke.

Comment

I have taken to sitting next to the away parents at games. If they are not any better, at least it does not come across quite as annoying since I do not know the kids that are being damaged by the usually bad advice.

Comment

I have taken to sitting next to the away parents at games. If they are not any better, at least it does not come across quite as annoying since I do not know the kids that are being damaged by the usually bad advice.
                    Good idea!

Comment

I go down the goal line, away from the parent scrum at the center line. Over the years I've had to have a few polite words with a few parents who either felt the necessity to coach (you're not the coach and 100% of the time they don't know what they're talking about) or make snarky remarks about other players (when your kid is a adult professional player then you can mock others, until them st-fu).

Comment

Jack N is embarrassing. Not sure why St J would employ such a yeller. Absolute joke.
                        what a diq

you are,talking about a youth tourney ,HS hasnt started yet, but your ax needs grinding

Comment

Parent Ejection

Need more of this:

https://youtu.be/Hj-pbvgTsqU

Comment

Wow, what's with all the anger over the Bernie ward tourney. We weren't there this year, usually it's pretty diplomatic.

Comment

Need more of this:

https://youtu.be/Hj-pbvgTsqU
                              Wow that turf field at CFC park doesn’t look so hot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X