New DA rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody please tell me this isn't true: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...nnounce-merger

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Totally agree... actually five is too many, let's be honest, why have any subs.
      We are playing DA to have a shot at the national team. Players 4-18 have zero chance of ever being considered. Let's just have DA be 3 v. 3, no subs. That way USSF can stop wasting time pretending to scout losers, and they won't have to pay for refs or buy so much Powerade.
      Funny but actually pretty true.

Comment

say it isn't so!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...earth-science/

Comment

So as currently constituted, what is the reason for a girl to leave ECNL for GDA?
          Choose ECNL because player wants to play high school. Usually, a good player choosing to play high school is because the high school team is good enough to compete for a county or state title. This usually means that there are other quality players and a decent coach at the high school, so the level of training is probably decent enough. The games may not be of the highest quality, but winning something for your school feels great, and sometimes the player sees their club teammates at other schools they play against which is always fun.

Choose GDA because player doesn't want to play high school. Usually a good player who doesn't want to play high school is because the high school team is bad and uncompetitive, so both training and games are a waste of time. Playing GDA gives them the opportunity to get good training and (usually) competitive games that they can't get in their high school.

Other than these factors, ECNL and GDA are pretty similar for most players in our area.

Comment

Sorry GDA is awful “in our area”.

Comment

Lisc is the Mecca of soccer on Long Island

Comment

Choose ECNL because player wants to play high school. Usually, a good player choosing to play high school is because the high school team is good enough to compete for a county or state title. This usually means that there are other quality players and a decent coach at the high school, so the level of training is probably decent enough. The games may not be of the highest quality, but winning something for your school feels great, and sometimes the player sees their club teammates at other schools they play against which is always fun.

Choose GDA because player doesn't want to play high school. Usually a good player who doesn't want to play high school is because the high school team is bad and uncompetitive, so both training and games are a waste of time. Playing GDA gives them the opportunity to get good training and (usually) competitive games that they can't get in their high school.

Other than these factors, ECNL and GDA are pretty similar for most players in our area.
                Fury and LISC have lost their best players to ECNL teams and would lose the rest of the ECNL teams would take them

Comment

Nice thread.
                  So much better and informative than the other online soccer blog.

Comment

Fury and LISC have lost their best players to ECNL teams and would lose the rest of the ECNL teams would take them
                    Do those players play on competitive high school teams?

Comment

Right, and ECNL i somehow not awful. I personally get the pleasure of watching it on a weekly basis and it is all crap, too if we're being honest. The whole landscape is terrible.

Comment

Right, and ECNL i somehow not awful. I personally get the pleasure of watching it on a weekly basis and it is all crap, too if we're being honest. The whole landscape is terrible.
                        You wouldn't know good football if it bit you on your arse

Comment

You wouldn't know good football if it bit you on your arse
                          But I do know what crap football looks like and I know I have just as good a chance of seeing it in the ecnl as I do in da, edp, usys or any other league. I’ve had a couple years of seeing it by now.

Comment

The Chiefs play some good football mate

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X