Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And now we have given up 12 goals in 2 games. Kid, you stood in the wrong line.
    Have your flawless kid play in net. I'm sure she'd do a better job right?

you're an f'ing a-hole calling out a kid from behind a keyboard.

Comment

Have your flawless kid play in net. I'm sure she'd do a better job right?

you're an f'ing a-hole calling out a kid from behind a keyboard.
      my favorite is the vocal parent we have on our team who calls out the keepers while her kid (a defenseman!) is letting the other team get inside lanes and clean shots on goal.

Comment

Keeper parents will tell you about their kids' clean sheets all day long, but lose their minds the moment the suitability of the child for the position is questioned. Everyone's kid makes errors---no question-and through the years I have heard parent's rightly or wrongly call out my kid from the sidelines during a game---but no club keeper should consistently allow 6 GA per game no matter how poorly the 10 in front of her play. That's a travel keeper. The club should have known better and kept looking.

Comment

Keeper parents will tell you about their kids' clean sheets all day long, but lose their minds the moment the suitability of the child for the position is questioned. Everyone's kid makes errors---no question-and through the years I have heard parent's rightly or wrongly call out my kid from the sidelines during a game---but no club keeper should consistently allow 6 GA per game no matter how poorly the 10 in front of her play. That's a travel keeper. The club should have known better and kept looking.
          Regardless of the quality the blame is on the organization for putting the keeper in that position.

Instead of bitching about the keeper have one of the other field players step up. Except that they won't.

Comment

Regardless of the quality the blame is on the organization for putting the keeper in that position.

Instead of bitching about the keeper have one of the other field players step up. Except that they won't.

How about a more obvious and logical response?

How about some ongoing and intense focus on GK training?

Comment

my favorite is the vocal parent we have on our team who calls out the keepers while her kid (a defenseman!) is letting the other team get inside lanes and clean shots on goal.
              It's not hockey dude! Your comments show your utter lack of understanding of the game.

Comment

How about a more obvious and logical response?

How about some ongoing and intense focus on GK training?
                Keeper training would be nice. Very few clubs invest in that however.

Any club that only has one keeper on a team is asking for trouble

Also, i have seen some clubs give a free scholarship for a very good keeper. The other parents would bitch about that too I am sure

Good lesson, good keepers are worth a lot. Don't take them for granted

Comment

Sounds like the club should consider a better defensive structure, and more depth. If your midfields have no concept of team defense, and the defense is suffering through a rash of injuries...not much an extra few inches on your keeper will help.

Poor hands, slow off the line...that can be and should be rectified.

Lots of blame to go around but to start a thread and leave it as the size of the keeper is at fault only shows the cluelessness we are dealing with...

Comment

I'd rather have a shorter keeper with brass balls than a taller, more hesitant one. I've seen too many tall kids get shoved into the position at an early age merely because they were tall. Most wind up hating it and quitting or at least begging to go back on the field. A good GK WANTS the position and works hard at it.

Definitely not enough clubs have good GK training. If your kid wants it you have to seek it out

Comment

It's not hockey dude! Your comments show your utter lack of understanding of the game.
                      same concept - unless your team likes to steer the offense right into the box??? LMAO

Comment

Does the club have GK training ? what club is it ?

Comment

Take CFC off that list they have training.

Comment

Take CFC off that list they have training.
                            No. Most of those sh!t CFC popups don't have any training, let alone goalie training.

Comment

United has GK training not sure on all the little ma and pa popups

Comment

United has GK training not sure on all the little ma and pa popups
                                a lot of the smaller clubs don't have in-house, and send kids to supplemental GK clinics, not sure if that's an extra charge for the parents or if club picks it up. Our small club has in-house, 1 hr per week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X