Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars Gda coaches

Let's all acknowledge what hypocrites these coaches are. Both BB and JB coach high school soccer. Are they all of a sudden going to raise the abilities of these kids to play on the national team with GDA? GDA essentially bashes high school soccer, but will allow there coaches to coach it? Furthering the point that the training the GDA players receive will be nothing more than they already have been getting from these coaches. Stars is not committing to Gda as they should be. All of a sudden these coaches are going to become great teachers of the game? These are the b team coaches with b mostly b team players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let's all acknowledge what hypocrites these coaches are. Both BB and JB coach high school soccer. Are they all of a sudden going to raise the abilities of these kids to play on the national team with GDA? GDA essentially bashes high school soccer, but will allow there coaches to coach it? Furthering the point that the training the GDA players receive will be nothing more than they already have been getting from these coaches. Stars is not committing to Gda as they should be. All of a sudden these coaches are going to become great teachers of the game? These are the b team coaches with b mostly b team players.
      100% right. Neither one of these guys would be considered elite level coaches. They coach B and C teams so that's an insult to GDA and Stars is not going to look good when their academy teams gets hammered. I think their ploy is going to backfire in a major way.

Comment

100% agree

Comment

Why do you care so much?

Comment

Why do you care so much?
            Because I'm JD!

Comment

Stars Gda coaches

Why does any one care about this stuff? This is a forum where opinions are expressed right or wrong. Why don't you care? Can you not have a voice with anything that is happening in the world of club soccer? Your kid must be on stars da and you just don't want to hear the reality of what is happening. Why not play on BB or JB lower teams to get the same training as GDA?

Comment

Why does any one care about this stuff? This is a forum where opinions are expressed right or wrong. Why don't you care? Can you not have a voice with anything that is happening in the world of club soccer? Your kid must be on stars da and you just don't want to hear the reality of what is happening. Why not play on BB or JB lower teams to get the same training as GDA?
                In a vacuum you can "get the same training." However, that is limited to drills. The difference is who you training with. Speed of play cannot be overemphasized. Lots of players look fantastic on lower teams and struggle when matched with players that are used to a higher pace.

Comment

In a vacuum you can "get the same training." However, that is limited to drills. The difference is who you training with. Speed of play cannot be overemphasized. Lots of players look fantastic on lower teams and struggle when matched with players that are used to a higher pace.
                  Correct except the Stars DA teams are loaded with second and third team players so they'll get around the same training by lower level coaches. You can't make this stuff up. Comical

Comment

stars da

There is definitely some truth to this. Biggest difference between higher teams is not necessarily foot skill, but speed of play and pace. My daughter looks great on lower level teams, but not so good on higher level. Just doesn't have the foot speed. The overall point is that in theory the competition will be better, but the coaching/technical training will not be different just because they are the coach of DA. My D has played for one of the DA coaches and the individual technical training was not there at any point. The practices were more small sided scrimmages more than anything else. No real training to speak of. Hopefully you will be right that the players will push other players in training. It will not come from either JB or BB that will bring them to the top.

Comment

Why do you care so much?
                      I heard both coaches getting pounded here have picked up a lot of players from rival clubs so probably the reason is right there.

Comment

I heard both coaches getting pounded here have picked up a lot of players from rival clubs so probably the reason is right there.
                        Perhaps, or maybe Stars is getting called out because a lot of these players from rival clubs are B and C team players, so parents of GDA are going to pay a lot of money to get coached by lower level coaches with lower level players. That's how I see it. I would rather stay with my small club and play higher level competition.

Comment

coach assignment of Stars GDA

Perhaps, or maybe Stars is getting called out because a lot of these players from rival clubs are B and C team players, so parents of GDA are going to pay a lot of money to get coached by lower level coaches with lower level players. That's how I see it. I would rather stay with my small club and play higher level competition.
                          how could you "stay with my small club and play higher level competition."?

GDA season is coming, my d will be there. i trust Star coaches.Each.of the 3 coaches shows track record of bringing their teams to much higher rankings than supposed. For me it means sth. important very few number of coaches have that kind of soccer id to lead a weak team to beat stronger ones.

i watched games by two of the three, the lineup perfectly matched the players capability he had in hand. I watched tryout of both GDA and Ecnl, player levels are similar. but ecnl.players are.more.matured and confident, while GDA ones are more plastic. i think it make sense. Stars coaches want to have a roster to lead them into playing beautiful.soccer to win. and they chose players partly this way to serve the purpose. they are smart not focused on track team soccer players because it matches GDA phylosophy.

give them enough time. dont.be too negative for now. JD knows what he is doing.

Comment

And who are you to evaluate talent?

Comment

And who are you to evaluate talent?
                              Listen dumbo, GDA is going to have the TOP players in the country representing their clubs... except Stars. Stars have loaded their DA teams with B and C team players, so who am I to evaluate talent? I don't need to when I know Stars is placing all their top players on ECNL and B and C team players on GDA. To me, all the top talent will be there and not GDA. Make sense now, or do you need more examples?

Comment

Listen dumbo, GDA is going to have the TOP players in the country representing their clubs... except Stars. Stars have loaded their DA teams with B and C team players, so who am I to evaluate talent? I don't need to when I know Stars is placing all their top players on ECNL and B and C team players on GDA. To me, all the top talent will be there and not GDA. Make sense now, or do you need more examples?
                                Players can play for any team they want. This isn't the Soviet Union. If kids want to remain on the ECNL path, that is their choice, not yours.

If you think this issue is isolated to the Massachusetts back waters of US Soccer, you are more clueless than you let on.

Besides, what do you care? You can crush them when you play them. Should be a win win for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X