Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is NPL officially the new division 3 for boys?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Add to that ECNL is a proven platform on the girls side and the parent of boys and coaches at men's college programs know that. ECNL has mastered college recruiting (for all the good and bad that brings). NPL has not. ECNL will become #2.
    Get back to us at the end of next year. We'll see how much complaining goes on over the course of next year. HaHa!

Comment

Get back to us at the end of next year. We'll see how much complaining goes on over the course of next year. HaHa!
      This wont' take one year to sort out but easily 2-3. Players won't start shifting unless they see things working. Coaches won't start (or stop) shopping until they see where the talent goes.

It either works well, or barely works at all. If the latter then they'll come out with a new and improved super league in a few years.

Comment

This wont' take one year to sort out but easily 2-3. Players won't start shifting unless they see things working. Coaches won't start (or stop) shopping until they see where the talent goes.

It either works well, or barely works at all. If the latter then they'll come out with a new and improved super league in a few years.
        In the meantime, sad for the kids who get stuck in this mess. Traveling all over when they don't need to in a B League. And trust me, my kid is in a B League now (not DA material either skill-wise or desire). So, why would I move to another B League to spend MORE money traveling. I'll stick with the C League I guess... Maybe my kids team will be top of the league. Lol. (Everyone realize how silly this all is yet).

Comment

In the meantime, sad for the kids who get stuck in this mess. Traveling all over when they don't need to in a B League. And trust me, my kid is in a B League now (not DA material either skill-wise or desire). So, why would I move to another B League to spend MORE money traveling. I'll stick with the C League I guess... Maybe my kids team will be top of the league. Lol. (Everyone realize how silly this all is yet).
          The "C" league - you can't be serious!
          Do you have any idea what that will do to your sons development and no telling what sort of diseases he will catch.

Comment

This is a perfectly healthy attitude. Please explain this to the parent standing next to you on the sideline that's creating recruiting videos.

Comment

The "C" league - you can't be serious!
              Do you have any idea what that will do to your sons development and no telling what sort of diseases he will catch.
              Yes, I'm very concerned... :)

Comment

Went through recruiting process with my son and his club teammates two years ago. Found out a few things, particularly if, like most MA prospects, you are not a top D! recruit:

1) College coaches don't get too worked up about what league you play in if they like what they see.

2) Best way to get them to see you is at THEIR SCHOOL'S Id camp or other small ID camp.

3) At showcases and big ID camps, they have a harder time judging you against the kids they KNOW are interested in their school, and that's what matters.

4) Parents can chill on the recruiting videos. 3 minute highlight tape, advertised as such, that is included in the initial email will either pique their interest or not.

5) Yes, coaches are lazy, so go to them, don't send long videos, and, since most MA high school students end up at one of the hundreds of great colleges we have in the northeast, rally against your expensive club insisting on a trip to FL, TX, or AZ where there will be a whole bunch of coaches from schools your kid is either not interested in or would never be considered for (e.g., Wake Forest, Yale, and the University of Northern Scottsdale)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X