Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is about soccer overall not just one league. The fact that it's so complicated and hard to explain shows how screwed up soccer is here.
    I have a suggestion - plot the exponential pay to play cost along the left vertical and club profitability as they add leagues vertically on the right. Then you have all you need to know.

Comment

I have a suggestion - plot the exponential pay to play cost along the left vertical and club profitability as they add leagues vertically on the right. Then you have all you need to know.
      Or, you have what you don't need to know, nor care about, as it relates to the chart at hand.

Seriously, for some of us, even who have been around for a bit, it gets confusing trying to figure out who's what as opinions take over. This is a pretty good chart.

There's lots of other active threads to go tie you panties up into.

Comment

Saw-Ree! :) - facts are facts - consumers should have all the data.

Comment

All of us consumers already have all the data and know all of this. 90%+ of those who visit this site as consumers are likely comprised of ECNL/DA/NPL parents anyway.

Comment

Saw-Ree! :) - facts are facts - consumers should have all the data.
            But, it's not relevant to the point at hand.

I mean...why not complain he didn't list what field dimensions each age group uses, or ball size?

Comment

But, it's not relevant to the point at hand.

I mean...why not complain he didn't list what field dimensions each age group uses, or ball size?
              imo - its relevant, not a complaint and actually I'm pretty sure USSF/FIFA sets those field dims and ball sizes - not the clubs

Comment

imo - its relevant, not a complaint and actually I'm pretty sure USSF/FIFA sets those field dims and ball sizes - not the clubs
                Then start your own thread, if iyo it's relevant.

Comment

All of us consumers already have all the data and know all of this. 90%+ of those who visit this site as consumers are likely comprised of ECNL/DA/NPL parents anyway.
                  so true - the ones who could benefit from this knowledge do not come on here and I'd bet the clubs wouldn't put this in the hands of the player parent at the bottom of the Pyramid who are subsidizing those above.

Comment

Then start your own thread, if iyo it's relevant.
                    and then how would the uninformed 10% who come on here benefit? If you made the chart and posted it - don't take offense at a bit of peripheral color added - free world old boy - enjoy

Comment

Boys Version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thanks much-very helpful.

Comment

and then how would the uninformed 10% who come on here benefit? If you made the chart and posted it - don't take offense at a bit of peripheral color added - free world old boy - enjoy
                          ha, I neither made the chart nor posted it. I found it valuable for what is is: a description of the leagues, levels, and teams associated with it.

Since costs vary for teams and Regions, it's a worthless exercise to have it included. Besides, there's a dozen other threads on that subject, take your griping there.

Comment

I was once a newbie to the world of premier soccer in MA, and I know how much a graphic like this would have helped me back then. Came across this, and figured I'd share for those who are having trouble making sense of the all the leagues/clubs for next year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing
                            The agenda isn't too transparent here. Definitely someone from an ECNL club clinging desperately to the idea that their league is still important. The fact is this drawing is flawed because the entity that governs all soccer in this country has specifically said that the GDA is on the very top of the pyramid all by itself. That's their call to make. Putting the ECNL on the same footing with GDA is nothing but wishful thinking. Sure there are some very good teams and players that are bound to stick with the ECNL but they are not in all that much different a position now than the top NPL teams are. They are both secondary leagues and how much they cut into the space occupied by the GDA is nothing but a marketing exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              The agenda isn't too transparent here. Definitely someone from an ECNL club clinging desperately to the idea that their league is still important. The fact is this drawing is flawed because the entity that governs all soccer in this country has specifically said that the GDA is on the very top of the pyramid all by itself. That's their call to make. Putting the ECNL on the same footing with GDA is nothing but wishful thinking. Sure there are some very good teams and players that are bound to stick with the ECNL but they are not in all that much different a position now than the top NPL teams are. They are both secondary leagues and how much they cut into the space occupied by the GDA is nothing but a marketing exercise.
                              Your agenda is so subtle. Who exactly cares? Play the games and worry about your own kids.

Comment

You are wrong. It is my friend who made this ( and has never been to this website, so I asked if I could take it and post it here). Their daughter plays New England NPL, and I think the point was a snapshot as it is for 2017/18. This does not mean that GDA will not eventually become the top of the pyramid next year or a few years down the road, but as it stands moving forward this coming year only. You can certainly argue their choice and do your own pyramid, but you are completely wrong that there was some agenda behind it, other than to provide info.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X