Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fspl or npl - which league is your better team joining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I call bs. What club?
    That wasn't me by why BS? FSPL have you have to qualify for, NPL you just have to have a club that got in overall and needs to field a team at each age.

Comment

Old rule

That wasn't me by why BS? FSPL have you have to qualify for, NPL you just have to have a club that got in overall and needs to field a team at each age.
      When US Club wanted to initially come in you needed to field a team at every age but that went by the wayside. I don't think you need a team at every age for NPL any longer

Comment

Playing FSPL gets you a buy in state cup. Playing NPL and State Cup does not make sense.

Comment

Name recognition

Playing FSPL gets you a buy in state cup. Playing NPL and State Cup does not make sense.
          Saying you play "State Cup" is a big selling point for a lot of clubs. You always hear that such and such a club had X number of teams in it. Of course none are competitive but the parents eat it up.

Comment

Plenty of teams who did not play FSPL made round of 16 and beyond.

Comment

I call bs. What club?
              TBU. At least that was the plan during the kickoff meeting for next season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2071841]TBU. At least that was the plan during the kickoff meeting for

NPL will have 4/5 very good teams and FSPL will have 4/5 very good teams. The other teams will struggle just like in the past

Comment

Plenty of teams who did not play FSPL made round of 16 and beyond.
                  Missing the point. NPL and FSPL are the same as in competition. Why play NPL when you wont receive the buy for state cup?

Comment

Missing the point. NPL and FSPL are the same as in competition. Why play NPL when you wont receive the buy for state cup?
                    Maybe it's the league the club belongs to. Besides, all that made round of 16 get a bye for state cup anyway

Comment

Because NPL doesn't have the conflict with the Disney Qualifier. Teams that made round of 16 in the 2017 State Cup get the first round bye next year anyway.

NPL teams need to join another FYSA-recognized league to qualify for State Cup. There are leagues created for just that purpose - to meet the minimum requirements and be done.

Comment

if your main reason for choosing which league to play in is because you get a buy in state cup at the end of the year, your team is average to begin with then. you should be worried about the competition you are facing for the eight months leading up to state cup, and if that means having to win one or two games in round one of state cup then so be it

Comment

Maybe it's the league the club belongs to. Besides, all that made round of 16 get a bye for state cup anyway
                          Yes, and no.

ONLY if they play in a qualifying FYSA league. If a team only plays NPL they would not qualify for State Cup.

Ideally, I would love to see teams just play NPL, blow off State Cup, and just play Florida Cup and go straight US Club Soccer. Florida Cup would be much better and FYSA would have to be more customer friendly or die.

Winning Florida Cup sends you to a high-level national tournament and winning Florida Cup this year earned our team almost as many points as the State Cup champion (about 200 points less-an insignificant difference).

Comment

Most npl clubs can play in a league designed to qualify and make the minimum number of games required for state cup. As stated, there are leagues just for this purpose

Comment

Teams that made round of 16 in the 2017 State Cup get the first round bye next year anyway.
                              I don't think so. Have to make round of 8 to get the first round bye.

Comment

I don't think so. Have to make round of 8 to get the first round bye.
                                It's always been round of 16

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X