Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And another comment that has nothing to do with question posed. Perhaps you were looking for the disgruntled over play time thread.
    No contributiions to this discussion?

Comment

No contributiions to this discussion?
      I try, but when you're talking constitutionalism and the other person keeps bringing up federalism; you lose interest.

Comment

I try, but when you're talking constitutionalism and the other person keeps bringing up federalism; you lose interest.
        This thread is going nowhere. Mods, delete!

Comment

Don't know JP but I am familiar with the other three. Good choices so far. My kid has been been coached by LT and MP. Both bring different things to the table and different styles of play. Both are good with player development. Both of strong connections w/college coaches.

I do think MP has had some built in recruiting help by also being HC of St. Johns Country but now that LT is a scout for USSF, that may swing the other way in time.

Having watched our teams play against DT, will say he is a very good game coach and does a excellent job at making adjustments at half. Can't speak to player development though.
          The only one who could really compare would be players who have been coached by more than one elite coach. Each player would have differing opinions. Way back LT and MP's teams would scrimmage over at Clay and MP's team would win three out of four times. LT's team was 1 year older. But LT's ecnl team (next year DA) has gained new players from outside Clay.

Comment

Of from the florida rush is top notch. Got all the girls that wanted to play college into college. Now odp coach and owns a state cup championship. Very solid coach

Comment

The only one who could really compare would be players who have been coached by more than one elite coach. Each player would have differing opinions. Way back LT and MP's teams would scrimmage over at Clay and MP's team would win three out of four times. LT's team was 1 year older. But LT's ecnl team (next year DA) has gained new players from outside Clay.
              Yeah, you do have a point but players will judge coaches differently than us. I look at my kids progress after she has been any coach including skills training, fitness etc. She tends to judge based on how a coach interact with her. Tough love is not always received well though at times necessary.

Comment

Yeah, you do have a point but players will judge coaches differently than us. I look at my kids progress after she has been any coach including skills training, fitness etc. She tends to judge based on how a coach interact with her. Tough love is not always received well though at times necessary.
                Like parents , coaches often don't understand the psychology behind motivating and supporting teen females. They have to coach more than the athlete but the whole person and the whole team dynamic to be a successful coach.

Comment

Like parents , coaches often don't understand the psychology behind motivating and supporting teen females. They have to coach more than the athlete but the whole person and the whole team dynamic to be a successful coach.
                  That is spot on. You can yell at boys and they will push harder. Yell at young girls and they often cry or shut down. As girls get older with sports, they grow thicker skin for sure.

Comment

That is spot on. You can yell at boys and they will push harder. Yell at young girls and they often cry or shut down. As girls get older with sports, they grow thicker skin for sure.
                    Actually teens are walking psychos and can be as sensitive and emotional as the younger ones depending on the moment. Also, boys don't always respond to yelling. Our son once had a yelling militant type coach and practice was more like boot camp. He often got headaches and anxiety before practice and didn't want to play because of the coach but he sucked it up and would never let his anxiety show to the coach or teammates. Not many adults could perform their best under yelling or anxiety.

Comment

Actually teens are walking psychos and can be as sensitive and emotional as the younger ones depending on the moment. Also, boys don't always respond to yelling. Our son once had a yelling militant type coach and practice was more like boot camp. He often got headaches and anxiety before practice and didn't want to play because of the coach but he sucked it up and would never let his anxiety show to the coach or teammates. Not many adults could perform their best under yelling or anxiety.
                      Granted, my comment was a generality however, I was not speaking of the psycho coach rather the typical boisterous ones we all grew up with. Again, firm believer in "tough love" when needed.

Comment

All things considered, gs from wff has done a great job. Took last place team to champions league. no other tampa bay coach has done that. Also parents and girls that play for him love the experience. He completely understands female athletes and quite honestly is inspirational and hilarious.

Comment

All things considered, gs from wff has done a great job. Took last place team to champions league. no other tampa bay coach has done that. Also parents and girls that play for him love the experience. He completely understands female athletes and quite honestly is inspirational and hilarious.
                          Unfortunately, that team will get waxed in its first game in Champions League.

Comment

ED at JAYFC is excellent. He will be coaching the 2002 ECNL.

Comment

Comment

Not sure if he is still coaching , but DL /GPS Orlando is one if not the best boys coach in Orlando.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X