Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Liga @ Disney Club

Anyone know anything about this La Liga club/training/whatever it is, coming to Wide World of Sports? The fact its partnering with Disney and has the best fields just about anywhere to train on, I assume they have some money behind them. But the website is just about useless.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone know anything about this La Liga club/training/whatever it is, coming to Wide World of Sports? The fact its partnering with Disney and has the best fields just about anywhere to train on, I assume they have some money behind them. But the website is just about useless.
    The only thing I know is that this is a development program for soccer. it will not probably follow the format that you see in the US. It's going to probably be shaped like Spain. La liga is partnering with them so I am sure the methodology will probably come from them. I dont know about it being a club or not, or competition.. but I am assuming this will be different.

Comment

The only thing I know is that this is a development program for soccer. it will not probably follow the format that you see in the US. It's going to probably be shaped like Spain. La liga is partnering with them so I am sure the methodology will probably come from them. I dont know about it being a club or not, or competition.. but I am assuming this will be different.
      It will be built exactly around Spanish methodology.

I think all the clubs within a stones throw GOU, FLR, PSC and any others around there could lose a bunch of players.

Comment

Where are they going to be? Only Orlando?

Comment

This is just one more attempt by foreign clubs to tap into our billion dollar soccer business. Kids in this country do not live soccer like they do in Spain so whatever high end training La Liga may bring, it will mean little if anything. Our soccer kids simply don't have what basketball and football kids have in this country, hunger. Our kids overall are mostly spoiled brats who play the game like they do everything else, for fun. Daddy and Mommy will use their money to make sure they make the team, get playing time and get the trophy at the end. All good until you face a hungry Honduran whose life depends on soccer.

However, parents will run to get their kids signed up for the same reason that they now run to get into DA or any other "new and improved" program. They will pay big bucks and get to brag to other soccer parents but in the end, their kids will remain mediocre at best in comparison to the rest of the world.

Comment

Finally someone taking sense here
            DA is a big lie. Parents if you paying to have your kid play than that program is equally like all others, looks for the best coach that develop your kid

Comment

Finally someone taking sense here
              DA is a big lie. Parents if you paying to have your kid play than that program is equally like all others, looks for the best coach that develop your kid
              I went to this open house and was not impressed.

Comment

It will be built exactly around Spanish methodology.

I think all the clubs within a stones throw GOU, FLR, PSC and any others around there could lose a bunch of players.
                Spanish methodology?

How many times does your child touch the soccer ball when he is not at practice?
                How long can your child juggle a ball with both feet? Their head?
                How many times does your child get together with other kids and play pick-up ball?
                How many times do they free-style? Play Futsal?

If you are like the vast majority of us the answer will be ZERO! The best Spanish coach in the world cannot turn kids that do not live and breathe soccer into soccer players. It works in Spain because they have a soccer culture which we do not have.

I will agree with you that several clubs around the area may lose players to this venture for the same reason that a previous post stated, bragging rights, but that is all it amounts to.

Comment

completely right!
                  a totally different culture, they live soccer in a different way, we are very far from that.

Comment

completely right!
                    a totally different culture, they live soccer in a different way, we are very far from that.
                    Either move there or shut up.

Comment

completely right!

They live FUTBOL not soccer. Soccer is just in the US. The rest of the world plays FUTBOL!
                      Huge difference!!

Comment

They live FUTBOL not soccer. Soccer is just in the US. The rest of the world plays FUTBOL!
                        Huge difference!!
                        move to any of those places then or shut up

Comment

This is just one more attempt by foreign clubs to tap into our billion dollar soccer business. Kids in this country do not live soccer like they do in Spain so whatever high end training La Liga may bring, it will mean little if anything. Our soccer kids simply don't have what basketball and football kids have in this country, hunger. Our kids overall are mostly spoiled brats who play the game like they do everything else, for fun. Daddy and Mommy will use their money to make sure they make the team, get playing time and get the trophy at the end. All good until you face a hungry Honduran whose life depends on soccer.

However, parents will run to get their kids signed up for the same reason that they now run to get into DA or any other "new and improved" program. They will pay big bucks and get to brag to other soccer parents but in the end, their kids will remain mediocre at best in comparison to the rest of the world.
                          Spot on the business aspect of it by La Liga. Too much rich white money in the sport in the US and they want a piece of it. My kid plays at a fairly high level of competition, but in all fairness I could probably count with my ten fingers of all the boys and girls in youth soccer that I've seen in the last 6 years at all levels of competition (boys and girls) that are at a different level and btw my kid, as much as I would like to believe, is not either. I disagree that the kids here playing for fun is a negative thing. They should play for fun first and foremost. Yes the Honduran kid's life may depend on it, but that doesn't make him great, just play harder. There is another factor that I believe is even more relevant. Someone mentioned that Spain has a soccer culture which we don't have. From first hand experience having lived in Spain in the 70's as a child for 7 years, let me try to explain what that culture is. You go to school in the morning and before school you are playing soccer. At lunch (siesta) you play right after school break is out, then again after you return from siesta for the second session. Then you do it right after the end of the second session. Then you go home eat a snack and go play again. In the streets, park, sand, wherever there are others that want to play, which is always. There are no referees, no cleats, no shinguards, no soccer ball many times. no leagues, no tournaments, no parents, etc etc. If you are great they will find you and if you are not, it's also fine because you are having fun and loving the game. That's the culture.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X