Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a massive (and I mean massive) pushback from parents at SUSA partner clubs about outrageous costs for what they can get elsewhere for a lot less with no drop off in training or competition.

I think SUSA assumed people would hang in there for their upcoming complex but I drive by that field on carleton Ave several days a week and it is full of weeds and not even a trailer or hint of upcoming building.

Honestly if it's is overpriced now, how much will it need to go up to to service the debt and overhead of the complex? Parents are just saying no way. We are not talking about GDA level players but mid level players that will not pay these fees any more.

Ive always told parents to find a competitive local team for less money and put the difference in a 529 account for college. Nobody has ever come back to me and told me they regret that decision.
    SUSA literally bribed the people that run Commack and Dix Hills to send their players and teams over to SUSA. Actual cash under the table. If I were a Commack or Dix Hills parent I would be calling my district attorney.

Comment

Poster said many not whole team. But do agree , if your taking a lot of players from one team to fill a DA roster that's definitely a problem. But I guess someone has to write the check every month.
      Seriously doubt that. the 03 population at Fury DA tryouts was very light. No Susa players, so stop the Fake News.

Comment

SUSA literally bribed the people that run Commack and Dix Hills to send their players and teams over to SUSA. Actual cash under the table. If I were a Commack or Dix Hills parent I would be calling my district attorney.
        If I were a Commack or Dix hills parents I would do my homework and look for a team that was a reasonable distance away, with costs in my budget, at the appropriate level of play, and in a league with they type of travel I desired. Try out for it and try to join it and play some soccer. No one can force you to play for a club out of your budget.

Comment

If I were a Commack or Dix hills parents I would do my homework and look for a team that was a reasonable distance away, with costs in my budget, at the appropriate level of play, and in a league with they type of travel I desired. Try out for it and try to join it and play some soccer. No one can force you to play for a club out of your budget.
          My kids play on their NPL teams and I cringe at how much money we pay. Way too costly for what they get out of it! I can't imagine being on the "premier" team and paying $3,000...absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Seriously doubt that. the 03 population at Fury DA tryouts was very light. No Susa players, so stop the Fake News.
            Sorry but you are incorrect. There was definitely at least 1 that I know of.

Comment

Sorry but you are incorrect. There was definitely at least 1 that I know of.
              That's my point - maybe 1 or two, not a whole team.

Comment

That's my point - maybe 1 or two, not a whole team.
                There very well could have been many. No one said whole team except you. And you also said none which was definitely incorrect. So who is generating the "Fake News"? My point is you are guessing, but I know.

Comment

All it takes is a few key players from any individual team to cause chaos - parents on a team hear so-and-so is leaving, then they start to panic and worry the team will either suck next year or maybe not even be there. It can spiral quickly

Comment

Even Larry just shot this down claiming PR is aiming for HBC fields.

Let's put this one to rest.

Comment

Any update on this?

There is lots of inconsistent info coming from Fury.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X