Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Just checked and you gave your name as "unregistered" way to go "brave Stars parent".
    Do you really want me to call you out by your name?

Comment

17/18 schedules...

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=0

no actual time/dates but can see opponents and travel involved

Comment

Great find, thanks!

Comment

Looks like the ECNL clubs in CT did not lose 1 single player to GDA. Oakwood and NYSC have GDA in the area. I was told by a friend with a daughter on ECNL club there that they added girls from GDA clubs and kept every player they wanted to keep on the ECNL rosters. If this ends up being the case, the talent level in GDA is going to be very weak, basically a league for the CT girls that were playing NPL last year.

The GDA experiment is shaping up to be a trainwreck

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Looks like the ECNL clubs in CT did not lose 1 single player to GDA. Oakwood and NYSC have GDA in the area. I was told by a friend with a daughter on ECNL club there that they added girls from GDA clubs and kept every player they wanted to keep on the ECNL rosters. If this ends up being the case, the talent level in GDA is going to be very weak, basically a league for the CT girls that were playing NPL last year.

The GDA hasn't even started yet. You will be eating your words soon enough. Don't worry. As a reminder, I will resurrect your post when the time comes.

Comment

Looks like BBA GDA team will run through the local competition like Golden State through the NBA.

It might take a few years, but I do fully believe the GDA will start to pull top talent in those other clubs. But for next year, it will be a slaughter.

Comment

The GDA hasn't even started yet. You will be eating your words soon enough. Don't worry. As a reminder, I will resurrect your post when the time comes.
                It's destined to fail, mate. Deep down you know it, but keep selling the dream.

Comment

It's destined to fail, mate. Deep down you know it, but keep selling the dream.
                  I wouldn't be so sure. Isn't that what they said about ECNL in the beginning?

The biggest age groups hurt by all this is the 2003/2004. They were hit by the age change last year. Some had to Jump from U12 to U14 and now they are dealing with the middle school/high school situations. Now what was the second team is now the third. Tough lot they pulled. They will have to decide DA vs ECNL with no crystal ball to read the future.

As with any new venture, it will take a couple of years before the chips fall land.

Comment

It won't be a train wreck but it won't be a resounding success either. There will be pockets where it's strong and others (like CT) where it's weak. Some clubs may drop out after while and others might join

Comment

A lot of NY clubs are too far for many CT players. OW is the only club that got the badge. Even though they have boys DA their track reord for girls NPL is lack luster. Supposedly almost their entire rosters are current NPL players, a few low level ecnl players but no studs. Given some of the clubs DA admitted aren't the greatest there will be other pockets of weakness. At least MA teams won't have to travel far for a beat down

Comment

A lot of NY clubs are too far for many CT players. OW is the only club that got the badge. Even though they have boys DA their track reord for girls NPL is lack luster. Supposedly almost their entire rosters are current NPL players, a few low level ecnl players but no studs. Given some of the clubs DA admitted aren't the greatest there will be other pockets of weakness. At least MA teams won't have to travel far for a beat down
                        Wow. Oakwood is a much better club than you are giving it credit. I would be surprised if they wanted CFC players. Not like that club is burning things up.

Comment

Wow. Oakwood is a much better club than you are giving it credit. I would be surprised if they wanted CFC players. Not like that club is burning things up.
                          Boys OW BDA is fine; some good teams in some years, off years in others just like many smaller pay to play DA clubs have. But the girls? They're not at the level that GDA is aspiring to. If they couldn't land any top talent from other clubs they will struggle - I have a boy and a girl that have played both genders vs OW

Comment

Currently Stars is treating ECNL and DA as equals.
                            Fake news.

Comment

At older ages GDA is a money grab. Parents of marginal players hoping the status can get their kid's foot in the college recruiting door (not their weak foot though, because marginal players have a weak foot).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X