Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same here. My daughter was offered a spot. No word on the coach, but sign a contract within 72 hours or lose the chance. No one responds to emails or voice mails at the main number.
    Complete bs- kids offered a spot were told who the coach is , noones going to sunrise no matter how many threads you go on - hahahaha

Comment

I don't think all age groups got names of they did why not list them in the website .

Comment

Complete bs- kids offered a spot were told who the coach is , noones going to sunrise no matter how many threads you go on - hahahaha
        Complete bullsh!t? Go ahead and prove me wrong. About 40 girls offered spots on the Pre-Academy/NPL teams. None of them know the name of the coach. Group text among parents looking for info. Nothing. At least 10 different parents have emailed EE. Some have tried to call the office. Complete silence. Acceptance deadline is tomorrow morning.

I'm sure it's the same with the boys side.

But since it is complete BS, go ahead and tell us the coaches' names. You seem to know so much. It must be just another conspiracy being perfectly orchestrated by 40 players and their parents.

Douche bag.

Comment

Complete bullsh!t? Go ahead and prove me wrong. About 40 girls offered spots on the Pre-Academy/NPL teams. None of them know the name of the coach. Group text among parents looking for info. Nothing. At least 10 different parents have emailed EE. Some have tried to call the office. Complete silence. Acceptance deadline is tomorrow morning.

But since it is complete BS, go ahead and tell us the coaches' names. You seem to know so much. It must be just another conspiracy being perfectly orchestrated by 40 players and their parents.

Douche bag.
          pre academy at Bu is like playing bronze division at another club why would you want to do that their girls and boys da teams will get smashed again next year. yes i know first year for girls da so their ecnl teams where horrible

Comment

pre academy at Bu is like playing bronze division at another club why would you want to do that their girls and boys da teams will get smashed again next year. yes i know first year for girls da so their ecnl teams where horrible
            Does it hurt when you talk out of your azz?

Comment

Douche bag.
              Boys side the same all the parents on the field looking around to see if they see new faces, new coaches, a sign a light as to who might be their preacademy/academy coach. Sick to the stomach to not have a coach list by now but quickly asking parents to pay $1650/$1750 for coaching fees.

Comment

Boys side the same all the parents on the field looking around to see if they see new faces, new coaches, a sign a light as to who might be their preacademy/academy coach. Sick to the stomach to not have a coach list by now but quickly asking parents to pay $1650/$1750 for coaching fees.
                My daughter received the same invite. No coach listed. No answers to my emails. We're going to the tryouts tonight in hopes to get an answer. We knew going into it that BU was a sh!t show as far as organization. The GDA camps proved that. But this is ridiculous. Enter into a contract without knowing the terms of that contract?

Comment

The idea is that BU is a club with a single concept / approach to soccer and style of playing.
                  Indirect, building from the back.
                  So they don't think identifying the coach at this time is a big issue.
                  I would NOT need to know the coach before committing to BU.

For example, at TB -- more of a team based system. No overall club playing concept. Some teams play kick ball and some play it right. Team to team playing style varies a lot. Talent is funneled to certain favored teams to keep a few teams competitive and the club relevant.
                  I would NEED to know the coach before committing to TB.

Just my opinion and experience.
                  Flame away. That's how I see it.

Comment

FYI - if ur kid can't compete at the high level by age 13 , then find a different sport. No amount of training or A licence coaching will do squat. Look at Weston , overpay for coaches , recruit stars from other teams, charge them nothing but subsidize their yearly fees by having 4-5 teams . Besides these "superstars" does anyone else develop or get better?
                    Why should you leave any sport at age 13 if you're not playing at a high level? Michael Jordan wasn't good enough to make his JV basketball team but we all know how that turned out. Any player on this forum, please don't listen to this retard.

Comment

Season is over, parents are being asked to commit but still no DA Director, GDA Director, DA Coaches, and PreAcademy Coaches announced by the club. No coaching structured know. Website seems like it's stuck in a time-zone of the 90s, photos and names listed are old. Can these coaches take up-to-date photos? Laziness of this club at an all time high from the top down.

http://www.gbysa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=330913
                      wow still not a single update?

Comment

Season is over, parents are being asked to commit but still no DA Director, GDA Director, DA Coaches, and PreAcademy Coaches announced by the club. No coaching structured know. Website seems like it's stuck in a time-zone of the 90s, photos and names listed are old. Can these coaches take up-to-date photos? Laziness of this club at an all time high from the top down.

http://www.gbysa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=330913
                        The best post to all the baby criers here on this forum regarding "Hiring of BEST Coaches".
                        What do you think $1650 is going to get you for 10+ months of soccer?

From a TS Undisclosed poster:

"And for money, what do you think these coaches get paid? Maybe $1000 a month? Minimum of 3 nights per week, plus weekends, plus travel. Add in any preparation time for practices and games. What does that comes to per hour...$15? So you are expecting a top level coach at an entry-level salary? Stop expecting a filet when your best option is ground chuck. And hopefully it is not expired"

- TS Undisclosed Poster

Comment

The idea is that BU is a club with a single concept / approach to soccer and style of playing.
                          Indirect, building from the back.
                          So they don't think identifying the coach at this time is a big issue.
                          I would NOT need to know the coach before committing to BU.

For example, at TB -- more of a team based system. No overall club playing concept. Some teams play kick ball and some play it right. Team to team playing style varies a lot. Talent is funneled to certain favored teams to keep a few teams competitive and the club relevant.
                          I would NEED to know the coach before committing to TB.

Just my opinion and experience.
                          Flame away. That's how I see it.
                          I disagree with you on a few reasons.

Number 1: You are paying alot of money to get quality coaching and training in a program designed to elevate your game play. For the amount of money I am paying and time dedication, I expect a well-organized program. Unfortunately, BU has none of that with the exception of one team.

Number 2: You do not want to have the same old coaches, who have failed time and time again, coach in the DA program. If they failed in Pre-Academy, NPL or ECNL, why bring them into the DA program. Lets face it, we don't want a Bobby Sauer running a girls program in the DA system. For those parents who were on his team, I am so sorry that EE did that to you.

Number 3: Knowing the coach will at least give you some inclination on his or her play style.

Number 4: As I stated in Number 1, money and time which are well spent and use to improve your child's game and help them with their path.

Number 5: You have no DA Director, GDA Director, DA Coaches for both Boys and Girls and have no idea on the Pre-academy and NPL coaches.

Your assessment of BU style of play and TB style of play is off. I am a BU parent and I have no ill-will with TB. Both clubs play the same style and some teams at both clubs do the "kick-ball" thing alot. At some time during the game, you dont play from the back - you start your play in the middle and push up. Just different styles of play.

This is no flame to what you stated but these are my thoughts.

Comment

The best post to all the baby criers here on this forum regarding "Hiring of BEST Coaches".
                            What do you think $1650 is going to get you for 10+ months of soccer?

From a TS Undisclosed poster:

"And for money, what do you think these coaches get paid? Maybe $1000 a month? Minimum of 3 nights per week, plus weekends, plus travel. Add in any preparation time for practices and games. What does that comes to per hour...$15? So you are expecting a top level coach at an entry-level salary? Stop expecting a filet when your best option is ground chuck. And hopefully it is not expired"

- TS Undisclosed Poster
                            Hey numb-nuts, per EE they bring in the best coaches who have passion for the game and are willing to provide the best training and coaching. Not for money, but because its what they love to do. You better talk to EE about this. Oh wait, he runs away from people and doesn't answer any questions.

Comment

My daughter received the same invite. No coach listed. No answers to my emails. We're going to the tryouts tonight in hopes to get an answer. We knew going into it that BU was a sh!t show as far as organization. The GDA camps proved that. But this is ridiculous. Enter into a contract without knowing the terms of that contract?
                              You knew BU was a **** show, yet you are still trying out there? Bad decisions, at least, will teach you something about life.

Comment

I disagree with you on a few reasons.

Number 1: You are paying alot of money to get quality coaching and training in a program designed to elevate your game play. For the amount of money I am paying and time dedication, I expect a well-organized program. Unfortunately, BU has none of that with the exception of one team.

Number 2: You do not want to have the same old coaches, who have failed time and time again, coach in the DA program. If they failed in Pre-Academy, NPL or ECNL, why bring them into the DA program. Lets face it, we don't want a Bobby Sauer running a girls program in the DA system. For those parents who were on his team, I am so sorry that EE did that to you.

Number 3: Knowing the coach will at least give you some inclination on his or her play style.

Number 4: As I stated in Number 1, money and time which are well spent and use to improve your child's game and help them with their path.

Number 5: You have no DA Director, GDA Director, DA Coaches for both Boys and Girls and have no idea on the Pre-academy and NPL coaches.

Your assessment of BU style of play and TB style of play is off. I am a BU parent and I have no ill-will with TB. Both clubs play the same style and some teams at both clubs do the "kick-ball" thing alot. At some time during the game, you dont play from the back - you start your play in the middle and push up. Just different styles of play.

This is no flame to what you stated but these are my thoughts.
                                The Bobby Sauer experiment was a fu*king train wreck, but consistent with the way BU does things. He took BU for a major ride and screwed that team and their families royally. Half of the players are quitting soccer for good. There is maybe only 1-2 players that have a chance to make the GDA. The rest are competing against rec players to make a Pre-DA spot. No support or preparation from their ex-coach. I hope that his next club is aware.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X