Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fury DA for 2017-2018 is also in serious doubt at this point.
    According to who? The folks at LISC or the guys at East Meadow who are still trying to keep their hand in this GDA catastrophe?

Comment

I understand what you're saying but I guess that's part of the issue. If the kid is truly NT caliber, sclepping to Bayshore or Brentwood or Huntington or wherever Fury is planting it's flag, wouldn't be that great of a sacrifice because the payoff of achieving a true level of elite play would be worth it.

Currently there are several East End Suffolk players traveling well over an hour to play on ECNL teams and there are players from Nassau traveling to NJ to play for PDA ECNL, these are kids who are truly committed, shouldn't kids who want to play with the supposed "best of the best" be as equally committed?
      this is a general issue with GDA - with it being as big as it is, is it better for a top talent player to be on a team with less talent but less travel, vs play with more players of similar caliber but more travel? I think we know that the more talented team wins out. But our geography is a big hurdle, not just here but across the US. That and USSF just wants to crush ECNL so they'd rather run more weak programs to weaken other clubs rather than run fewer top notch ones.

Comment

I understand what you're saying but I guess that's part of the issue. If the kid is truly NT caliber, sclepping to Bayshore or Brentwood or Huntington or wherever Fury is planting it's flag, wouldn't be that great of a sacrifice because the payoff of achieving a true level of elite play would be worth it.

Currently there are several East End Suffolk players traveling well over an hour to play on ECNL teams and there are players from Nassau traveling to NJ to play for PDA ECNL, these are kids who are truly committed, shouldn't kids who want to play with the supposed "best of the best" be as equally committed?
        What? Soccer talent does not mean you have a chauffeur available. Impossibility for many families. Not for all but for most.

Comment

Thanks Larry, I'll take NYCFC over Surf and SUSA.
          I know. What a joke he is! I mean a basement blogger or NYCFC? Hmmm tough call...

Comment

What? Soccer talent does not mean you have a chauffeur available. Impossibility for many families. Not for all but for most.
            Ah yes, I could see how the additional 16 miles from Plainview to Brentwood would be a deal breaker for you. I'm sure you're little Mia will be walking/jogging to LISC, I guess that's her pre-training warm up?

Comment

I know. What a joke he is! I mean a basement blogger or NYCFC? Hmmm tough call...
              Regardless of Larry, the larger point is that LISC is a mess and does not have their act together. They have had weeks to figure out their revised approach, but have yet to come to an agreement of how to proceed. NYCFC is focused on Rockland (WC) and does not want their name on Long Island at this point.

Comment

You know how many LI soccer parents are influenced in their decision making by a scolding on anonymous soccer forum? Zero.

By the time your players get to GDA age, what is and is not manageable for your family is pretty clear.

Enjoy driving to NJ or what ever works for your player.

Comment

Well, this is probably going to make LM's dream of forcing Massapequa out of NPL a reality, lol, at the expense of ensuring SURF will never get GDA.

Comment

Well, this is probably going to make LM's dream of forcing Massapequa out of NPL a reality, lol, at the expense of ensuring SURF will never get GDA.
                    Honestly, why do you care so much about what some blogger says? You should be far more bothered by the actual rumor that MSC is switching over to LIJ, yet plans to be an identifying feeder club to GDA. I mean talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Comment

Honestly, why do you care so much about what some blogger says? You should be far more bothered by the actual rumor that MSC is switching over to LIJ, yet plans to be an identifying feeder club to GDA. I mean talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...
                      Massapequa is not limiting themselves to LIJSL despite Larry's claim. In addition to LIJSL they will compete in region 1, national league (when accepted), EDP, GDA, etc. There are plenty of options outside of NYCSL.

Comment

You should only be concerned where your child is playing. Too many people have concern what others are doing.

Comment

Massapequa is not limiting themselves to LIJSL despite Larry's claim. In addition to LIJSL they will compete in region 1, national league (when accepted), EDP, GDA, etc. There are plenty of options outside of NYCSL.
                          But is it true that NYCSL is kicking MSC out of NPL? This sounds a lot like what HBC said when they got kicked out. Not knocking the other leagues, just wondering why the switch all of a sudden...

Comment

Regardless of Larry, the larger point is that LISC is a mess and does not have their act together. They have had weeks to figure out their revised approach, but have yet to come to an agreement of how to proceed. NYCFC is focused on Rockland (WC) and does not want their name on Long Island at this point.

And you know what NYCFC is planning? Foolish comment Focused on Rockland lol
                            Trust me they want their name on Long Island but for other reasons like FC Barcelona possibly.
                            You really think they fancy playing at Yankee Stadiums makeshift small pitch. Lol

Comment

You should only be concerned where your child is playing. Too many people have concern what others are doing.
                              Yes and no...some on here are legitimately trying to evaluate high level options. When you start talking about GDA/ECNL quality, there are only so many players. So, discussions of the player pool are completely relevant. If all elite players ignored GDA to remain in ECNL or vice-versa, then you would have to follow suit. But the problem is that it is a mixed bag at best and at worst, the Long Island GDA options are dysfunctional compared to some of their regional counterparts. Both LISC and Fury are operating with rumors of backend deals and ownership changes.

Comment

And you know what NYCFC is planning? Foolish comment Focused on Rockland lol
                                Trust me they want their name on Long Island but for other reasons like FC Barcelona possibly.
                                You really think they fancy playing at Yankee Stadiums makeshift small pitch. Lol
                                They are focused on GDA in Rockland publicly. For whatever reasons, they remain silent about their supposed involvement with GDA on Long Island.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X