Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just curious to ask if you know what team they received offers for red or blue, and what your opinion of their skill level is. I only ask because many people are reporting that the players selected were not strong players , but the two players that I know of besides my son who were selected to the red team are very good.
    I don't know who would tell you that the kids selected to the red team weren't strong players. We met a few kids at the meetings in NYC that seemed to be really great players. The one we went to had a couple from NY's top Academies, HBC, Susa NPL and CT kids that are coming as well. Should be a good team.

Comment

Just curious to ask if you know what team they received offers for red or blue, and what your opinion of their skill level is. I only ask because many people are reporting that the players selected were not strong players , but the two players that I know of besides my son who were selected to the red team are very good.
      They kid accepted to red is very good, was playing up 2 years though admittedly not for a great team.

The two accepted to blue were average to above average kids, nothing special but not bad either.

Comment

I think that's nice
        It's cultural. Argentine players give each other a peck on the cheek when they sub in and out. In Barcelona, you thank the coach. In the US, you slip the coach $100 for picking your kid.

Comment

Sports illustrated (si.com) soccer section has an article on the AZ Barca Academy. refers to the six other US Academies under the Barcelona name vs the AZ academy run by Barcelona.

Comment

Sports illustrated (si.com) soccer section has an article on the AZ Barca Academy. refers to the six other US Academies under the Barcelona name vs the AZ academy run by Barcelona.
            Six other locations referred to are the Escolas in:

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
            Charlotte, NC
            Northern VA
            Austin, TX
            Chicago, Ill
            San Diego, CA

Should be interesting to see if there is any relationship between the NY and AZ locations. AZ definitely has the advantage of being a certified DA with a Residency program. The AZ location will only be for players U!4 and up, while the NY academy seems to be more focused on the younger players.

Comment

Six other locations referred to are the Escolas in:

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
              Charlotte, NC
              Northern VA
              Austin, TX
              Chicago, Ill
              San Diego, CA

Should be interesting to see if there is any relationship between the NY and AZ locations. AZ definitely has the advantage of being a certified DA with a Residency program. The AZ location will only be for players U!4 and up, while the NY academy seems to be more focused on the younger players.
              what type of relationship?

Comment

anybody get any offers for blue or gold?

Comment

what type of relationship?
                  As in working together (players from NY being sent to AZ) or completely autonomous.

Comment

With all the teams not set they must've had secret cameras or maybe drones all over the place so they could remember how 2000 plus kids played. Just sayin.

Comment

anybody get any offers for blue or gold?
                      I know people who got accepted to blue 2005.

I expect some age groups to only be Red, other groups Red and Blue. I haven't heard of any Gold's yet, they may not have the numbers for it. The girls side was especially light on numbers from what I've heard.

Comment

I know people who got accepted to blue 2005.

I expect some age groups to only be Red, other groups Red and Blue. I haven't heard of any Gold's yet, they may not have the numbers for it. The girls side was especially light on numbers from what I've heard.
                        i know a kid who got gold.

Comment

i know a kid who got gold.
                          Ponyboy?

Comment

Ponyboy?
                            'scuse my ignorance,,,what is ponyboy..?

Comment

'scuse my ignorance,,,what is ponyboy..?
                              Excuse my ignorance as well, but what exactly is a ponyboy??

Comment

Excuse my ignorance as well, but what exactly is a ponyboy??
                                one of the closing lines of the movie The Outsiders is "Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold."

a dying ralph machio says it to c thomas howell

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X