Is NEFC NS getting NPL??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried and honestly I didn't understand answer.

I should have asked " yes or no" Do you have NPL?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      OP here. Call me crazy, but I am so confused.

It is tryout time and I need to know what is the current situation. I would think the clubs know it is tryout time and had tried to restructure before this period. No?

So again - what is the current structure so I can make an educated decision.
      Go look at the Nepremiership website and team standings for the age group you're interested in. Look at the teams in the top premiership division. Those clubs and teams in the top 2-4 spots in Premership stand to be promoted into a new "NPL" division next season where they will play each other and cross over games with current NPL teams. That simple. If you aren't in the top Premiership division and leading the table, then no NPL promotion.

Comment

Go look at the Nepremiership website and team standings for the age group you're interested in. Look at the teams in the top premiership division. Those clubs and teams in the top 2-4 spots in Premership stand to be promoted into a new "NPL" division next season where they will play each other and cross over games with current NPL teams. That simple. If you aren't in the top Premiership division and leading the table, then no NPL promotion.
        Not sure I understand this. So promoted NEP teams are in a separate NPL division than the current NPL teams? Who are they going to play, if only the top two teams are promoted. If most of the games are considered "cross over" games, why not just add them to the current NPL group?

Comment

If I understand your answer correctly. Top NEP teams will compete for a spot into NPL? That would make sense, but the timing doesn't. What I mean is that - that is really important information prior to signing contract with any club.

Comment

If I understand your answer correctly. Top NEP teams will compete for a spot into NPL? That would make sense, but the timing doesn't. What I mean is that - that is really important information prior to signing contract with any club.
            At least for NEP, not sure how NPL works, tryouts aren't supposed to start until June 5th for the younger kids, June 12th for the older kids. I know some clubs are sending out offers earlier, but in theory, NEP/NPL is justified to wait to announce which teams are promoted to NPL until the start of June, just before tryout week. After all, the season isn't quite over yet, so they can't really be expected to send out the promotion list until all the results are in. There might be some tight races in some age groups for those top spots.

Comment

So...For example top 4 teams in Premiership for 2005 make final four...Do all 4 go to NPL next season? Do just the semi-finalists? How's this going to work?

Comment

Thanks. That timing would be fine.

Any idea how many teams would be asked in NPL from NEP? I would assume based on this years results? The reason I ask is that would only a few games left, we can get an idea how is and who is not in running?

At least for NEP, not sure how NPL works, tryouts aren't supposed to start until June 5th for the younger kids, June 12th for the older kids. I know some clubs are sending out offers earlier, but in theory, NEP/NPL is justified to wait to announce which teams are promoted to NPL until the start of June, just before tryout week. After all, the season isn't quite over yet, so they can't really be expected to send out the promotion list until all the results are in. There might be some tight races in some age groups for those top spots.

Comment

From another thread:

This is what I have heard about it....

New NPL config will be made up of two Brackets, that will play each as well as have crossover games with the other bracket:

Bracket One: Club NPL - Made up of all current NPL club teams in each age group which is either the top team for most clubs and the second team for Breakers. They teams are permanent and consistent as long as the club owns the NPL license. Licenses can be revoked however.

Bracket Two: Team NPL - Made up of 4 teams (from any club) that have been promoted from the top of NEP Premiership. To begin there will be 4 teams in each age group promoted to build this bracket. After season 1, the bottom two teams of this bracket will be relegated back to NEP the following season, and the top 2 teams in NEP will be promoted into their spot. These are not inherent NPL teams, but could continue to play in NPL year after year if they are successful.

My guess is that where Breakers/NEFC NS will get their opportunity to play NPL in a few age groups.

Comment

From another thread:

This is what I have heard about it....

New NPL config will be made up of two Brackets, that will play each as well as have crossover games with the other bracket:

Bracket One: Club NPL - Made up of all current NPL club teams in each age group which is either the top team for most clubs and the second team for Breakers. They teams are permanent and consistent as long as the club owns the NPL license. Licenses can be revoked however.

Bracket Two: Team NPL - Made up of 4 teams (from any club) that have been promoted from the top of NEP Premiership. To begin there will be 4 teams in each age group promoted to build this bracket. After season 1, the bottom two teams of this bracket will be relegated back to NEP the following season, and the top 2 teams in NEP will be promoted into their spot. These are not inherent NPL teams, but could continue to play in NPL year after year if they are successful.

My guess is that where Breakers/NEFC NS will get their opportunity to play NPL in a few age groups.

Even the Aztec idiot can comprehend this? Or maybe not?

Comment

Not sure why you would say that. These seem to be all good questions. Seems like others were confused as well.

You are clearly a jerk.

Can someone post a link to the NEP standings?
                      Thanks

Even the Aztec idiot can comprehend this? Or maybe not?

Comment

Not sure why you would say that. These seem to be all good questions. Seems like others were confused as well.

You are clearly a jerk.

Can someone post a link to the NEP standings?
                        Thanks
                        Just go to the NEP website

Comment

Ok I am looking at G2003 birth year.

It doesn't look like NEFC NS has a chance to get NPL then?

Comment

Folks I would like to introduce the NEFC NS = NEP person. They are clearly an Aztec 03 NPL parent that is getting screwed over by GC and their team will be a former shadow next year.

Comment

I believe a team must be in the Premiership bracket. The G2003 is rather new
                              and in Premiership 1. That's my understanding on eligible teams.

Comment

NEFC NS doesn't even have a team in Premiership. At least in G2003 so they will not have NPL next year under any circumstances?

I believe a team must be in the Premiership bracket. The G2003 is rather new
                                and in Premiership 1. That's my understanding on eligible teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X