Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Guess the club forgot to tell parents when tryouts were. FSA partnership was just a tease to convince players to stay. It happened to us with the short lived partnership WUP had with Scorps for ECNL. My child walked from WUP and went central mass. Much better options for those who are serious about playing.

You'd be better off looking at GPS if your kid just wants to play without the club drama. Player development I'd suggest the same thing, go GPS or central mass. I'd run from WUP and give NEFC a year to two to see if they have the ability to put together a decent club.
    You don't need anyones permission to tryout for an ECNL team. Just go. Oops you missed them. Next time, look on the websites of the clubs.

Comment

Any truth about this statement ?

"Yes, per the agreement, they had to take 3 WUP players per age group. There's discussion of this on the Mass board".

Comment

"Yes, per the agreement, they had to take 3 WUP players per age group. There's discussion of this on the Mass board".
        Really? You are just shooting crap out of your mouth! They don't have a number agreemt

Comment

In Mother Russia, you don't pick soccer team... soccer team picks you!

Comment

You don't need anyones permission to tryout for an ECNL team. Just go. Oops you missed them. Next time, look on the websites of the clubs.
            Oops, you read incorrectly. I didn't miss anything. I simply noted that WUP throws around partnerships to entice people to stay with the promise of the club doing better. They don't actually tell you what the partnership means, what it means to the player, what the clubs and players responsibilities are, etc. A good player asks these questions and no one knows the answers and then Oops, it's too late.

Comment

Anyone know if any players made any fsa trams

Comment

Anyone know if any players made any fsa trams
                Indeed. The president & board members daughters.

Comment

Next week are WUP tryouts for 03, my boy will play HS soccer,but also wanna play a more competitive league, any chance he will be considered for ecnl at FSA ?

Comment

Next week are WUP tryouts for 03, my boy will play HS soccer,but also wanna play a more competitive league, any chance he will be considered for ecnl at FSA ?
                    On the one hand FSA's tryouts were almost 2 weeks ago, on the other their rosters haven't been published yet. Ask your club or call FSA asap!

I wondered how this partnership would work. It seems like it is in name only if WUP parents were told nothing.

Comment

How many coaches or administrators currently with WUP from the original "Western United" club when they were separate from Pioneers and more recently FC Mass ? With three clubs into one I'm getting the impression pioneers get most of the negative comments. Not discussing players, only staffing here. Not interested in names just a percentage or estimate.

Comment

How many coaches or administrators currently with WUP from the original "Western United" club when they were separate from Pioneers and more recently FC Mass ? With three clubs into one I'm getting the impression pioneers get most of the negative comments. Not discussing players, only staffing here. Not interested in names just a percentage or estimate.
                        I expect a merger between WUP and west nefc soon.

Comment

If true only two big clubs would be in W Ma... Nefc and Gps. Probably a better scenario in the long run.

Comment

If true only two big clubs would be in W Ma... Nefc and Gps. Probably a better scenario in the long run.
                            It would be the best thing for the region in the long run for sure. It would create a destination club for the west (nefc) and a second club gps would be the picking ground. Sort of what stars have now with fc Boston/scorpions

Comment

And that's the way it was with WU and the Pioneers, quite successfully, for many years until SW.

Comment

Pioneers would never merge with NEFC. I suspect if their hand was being forced they would partner with GPS before they would NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X