Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFCW/Everton split?

Talk at the field is that EFCW and Everton guys talking about going separate ways. Repercussions to EFCW?

you mean the affiliation with everton connecticut or the everton UK parent club? does it really matter - what do they get from everton. Would it be any different if they were simply FC Westchester.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      you mean the affiliation with everton connecticut or the everton UK parent club? does it really matter - what do they get from everton. Would it be any different if they were simply FC Westchester.
      Everton ct provided some much needed coaching at first
      Not sure what their deal is now.

Comment

Everton ct provided some much needed coaching at first
        Not sure what their deal is now.
        Player talent too

Comment

Talk at the field is that EFCW and Everton guys talking about going separate ways. Repercussions to EFCW?
          False rumor.

Comment

False rumor.
            Certainly the CT club doesn't want to give up the affiliation because it's a pathway for their better players to move into. Otherwise they'll lost players to Beachside (another non MLS DA club nearby). Everton CT first hired John Curtis a few years ago who did a lot for both clubs and helped the merger happen. He also brought in Ryan Casey and a few others. But now he's been gone for awhile and RC went home as well. I think the CT club has the rights to the name. Does the "Everton" name bring FCW anything? HArd to say. But now they have NYCFC in their backyard so I suppose some appearance of an affiliation, even if mostly on paper, can't hurt.

Comment

Certainly the CT club doesn't want to give up the affiliation because it's a pathway for their better players to move into. Otherwise they'll lost players to Beachside (another non MLS DA club nearby). Everton CT first hired John Curtis a few years ago who did a lot for both clubs and helped the merger happen. He also brought in Ryan Casey and a few others. But now he's been gone for awhile and RC went home as well. I think the CT club has the rights to the name. Does the "Everton" name bring FCW anything? HArd to say. But now they have NYCFC in their backyard so I suppose some appearance of an affiliation, even if mostly on paper, can't hurt.
              You would think the real Everton in England would want to get a foothold in the USA and get involved with these two entities here in NY and CT. For awhile there, I thought there was some interest in overseas clubs to have a base here in the USA, considering there were potentially millions of soccer fans here. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

You would think the real Everton in England would want to get a foothold in the USA and get involved with these two entities here in NY and CT. For awhile there, I thought there was some interest in overseas clubs to have a base here in the USA, considering there were potentially millions of soccer fans here. I guess I was wrong.
                Maybe they realized what a pain in ***** US soccer parents are. Also coach visas are a huge issue so you have to rely on at least some local talent. Ahem, local talent....lmao....

Comment

The real Everton has gotten involved... they licensed the name to the clubs. They collect a royalty. It's a beautiful thing; no work and all upside

Mr Wonderful

Comment

The split is confirmed. I just received an email detailing the split

Comment

The real Everton has gotten involved... they licensed the name to the clubs. They collect a royalty. It's a beautiful thing; no work and all upside

Mr Wonderful
                      wrong - as per email

"Everton America is a premier soccer club of approximately 30 teams, based in Norwalk, CT. We are the only soccer club in the United States with an official relationship with Everton Football Club of the English Premier League."

Lots of premier teams call themselves Arsenal, etc. but they aren't officially affiliated with an international club.

Question is what is going on with FCW. NYCFC has to be hurting them. Too many DA clubs in close proximity?

Comment

wrong - as per email

"Everton America is a premier soccer club of approximately 30 teams, based in Norwalk, CT. We are the only soccer club in the United States with an official relationship with Everton Football Club of the English Premier League."

Lots of premier teams call themselves Arsenal, etc. but they aren't officially affiliated with an international club.

Question is what is going on with FCW. NYCFC has to be hurting them. Too many DA clubs in close proximity?
                        What's wrong. EA CT is affiliated with Everton Football Club. EFC licenses the name

Comment

What's wrong. EA CT is affiliated with Everton Football Club. EFC licenses the name
                          different poster - you said clubS plural. Seems like EA is the only one in the US.

Comment

different poster - you said clubS plural. Seems like EA is the only one in the US.
                            Let me spell it out ... EFC grants EACT the license. Through the EACT partnership with FCW, FCW also gets that license to use. Hence they were formally known as Everton FC Westchester. So it's two clubs that use the license

Now that partnership has been dissolved EACT takes its license back

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X