Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK routinely cheats.

Look at the other thread on this site where they have the same kids playing for Brentwood in one league while playing at the same time for Atletico in two other leagues (all US Club leagues).

Comment

If it were any other club you would see a suspension for the coach for the remainder of the spring season, at the very minimum.

However, with KK being essentially a two man operation, suspending one of those two would be devastating to their club, and NYCSL is way too dependent to them to let that happen. It's utter BS but I would be shocked if Dan ends up with anything more than a slap on the wrist.

Comment

KK has run fast and loose with the rules from day one. They do produce top teams but they, and I mean Dan, will do anything to win, ethical or not.

And since they almost always get away with it, why not?

Comment

The league will do nothing. This is why EDP runs 13-14 divisions deep now. People are tired of crap like this that would never be allowed by EDP.

Maybe EDP should take over US Club's cup competition in NY?

Comment

Did US Club grant Gary exclusive rights to run a NY Cup? Can't EDP run one in parallell?

Will be interesting to see how the new US Club Westchester Cup goes next year. I don't think Gary has anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Did US Club grant Gary exclusive rights to run a NY Cup? Can't EDP run one in parallell?

Will be interesting to see how the new US Club Westchester Cup goes next year. I don't think Gary has anything to do with it.
              EDP can apply to take it over.

http://usclubsoccer.org/programs/cup...championships/

Comment

Do you think KK will do this with NY Surf? He is listed as the U15G Surf LI coach on GotSoccer.

Comment

Do you think KK will do this with NY Surf? He is listed as the U15G Surf LI coach on GotSoccer.
                  Kurt, no. Dan has a history of win at any cost. Issue for KK is Dan runs the business so from KK's perspective, Dan is going nowhere.

I see more LI teams continuing to switch leagues as they lose confidence in the governance of NY Club Soccer League. Clubs like KK are treated like a subsidiary of the league.

Comment

Kurt, no. Dan has a history of win at any cost. Issue for KK is Dan runs the business so from KK's perspective, Dan is going nowhere.

I see more LI teams continuing to switch leagues as they lose confidence in the governance of NY Club Soccer League. Clubs like KK are treated like a subsidiary of the league.
                    When NY Club Soccer League first started you had both training organization run teams and traditional town teams giving it a shot. At this point many of the town teams have returned to LIJSL and NYCSL has attempted to replace those losses by becoming more involved in NYC, Westchester, etc. With EDP now eating into their "premier" club business NYCSL is probably going to shrink further which is going to make them even more dependent on groups like KK. So expect no real punishment of Dan.

Comment

When NY Club Soccer League first started you had both training organization run teams and traditional town teams giving it a shot. At this point many of the town teams have returned to LIJSL and NYCSL has attempted to replace those losses by becoming more involved in NYC, Westchester, etc. With EDP now eating into their "premier" club business NYCSL is probably going to shrink further which is going to make them even more dependent on groups like KK. So expect no real punishment of Dan.
                      Gary has tried to set up an alternative to the WYSL here in Westchester but has failed. At first the fellow who started Surf did some rabble rousing for him along with Larry who was happy to rip into WYSL management like he did his friends at LIJSL even though he had no clue about our land. I learned then that Larry was basically a lobbyist for whomever.

The WYSL folks were smart and switched to US Club Soccer en masse and that gave them the flexibility to do some of the 'smart' things that Gary did and which LIJSL could not.

I agree that NYCSL will shrink to something smaller. The Westchester teams that play there now could move to EDP quite easily if they get disgusted, although White Plains seems to have made a bigger commitment by joining NPL/Metro.

Comment

Which I think would confirm the prior posters point. It's actually kinda sad that a chosen few can get away with whatever they want because it's good for business. Really the kids were punished, not the coach. I guarantee he will be coaching league games by next weekend and it will be posted everywhere.

Your point about EDP is well taken. I cannot believe how deep they run in most age groups now but there is an understanding that they are no nonsense and don't need any particular clubs business to thrive.

Comment

Which I think would confirm the prior posters point. It's actually kinda sad that a chosen few can get away with whatever they want because it's good for business. Really the kids were punished, not the coach. I guarantee he will be coaching league games by next weekend and it will be posted everywhere.

Your point about EDP is well taken. I cannot believe how deep they run in most age groups now but there is an understanding that they are no nonsense and don't need any particular clubs business to thrive.
                          It also appeals to many clubs who want to enter just a few strong teams while NPL requires a full set of teams at all ages. It works well for smaller clubs trying to build or clubs with different levels of teams.

Comment

It also appeals to many clubs who want to enter just a few strong teams while NPL requires a full set of teams at all ages. It works well for smaller clubs trying to build or clubs with different levels of teams.
                            Not from LI so pardon the ignorant question.

Any chance more LI town teams merge with another club (town or mega)?

Comment

Not from LI so pardon the ignorant question.

Any chance more LI town teams merge with another club (town or mega)?
                              Politics. Most town teams have inept boards intent on driving these clubs into non-existence.

I don't see it but Sachem should be the poster child of what not to do. Bring in mandatory expensive trainers for rec teams and watch all the kids all leave.

Comment

Politics. Most town teams have inept boards intent on driving these clubs into non-existence.

I don't see it but Sachem should be the poster child of what not to do. Bring in mandatory expensive trainers for rec teams and watch all the kids all leave.
                                In westchester, at least, town teams are unlikely to merge because they use town fields. Setting yourself up as a town team you oftentimes stipulate that players have to live in the town, and that then allows you to get fields at reasonable rates from the Town itself because its the taxpayers themselves that are playing on the teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X