Fc Boston
    Stars

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ecnl will line up as-

Breakers
      Fc Boston
      Stars
      Given the knowledge level of many on this board, and the fact FCB is being discounted, I'll pick them to be at the top of the 03 teams.

Comment

If you're going to offer a guess on List rankings, at least provide a little information to support it. Save the guessing for Powerball.

Comment

What can you base this on? Nefc premier u13's won the NEP in the fall. They also beat stars west (which made a great run for state cup and lost to their counter part ecnl by one goal diff)

The teams in npl should line up-

SSS
          Nefc
          GPS
          Oakwood
          Stars west
          Aztecs
          How do they determine which age group Stars West joins considering the team that qualified did so under the old guidelines?

Comment

Given the knowledge level of many on this board, and the fact FCB is being discounted, I'll pick them to be at the top of the 03 teams.
            Ok I'll bite why is the Stars 03 team being ranked so low. The combined 2002 and 2003 team won their league against PDA and Penn Fusion.

Comment

I love speculation with age group change. Unless you are on one of these teams or part of the coaching staff you are just taking shots in the dark. Stars Cup will be the first real test for these teams and we will see how some of the domino's have fallen.

Comment

I love speculation with age group change. Unless you are on one of these teams or part of the coaching staff you are just taking shots in the dark. Stars Cup will be the first real test for these teams and we will see how some of the domino's have fallen.
                I heard from my daughter's teammate who has a sister on Stars 03 ECNL that the team is stacked. I agree why would anyone think NEFC or FC Boston would have any better teams than Stars.

Comment

Stars, Breakers and FC Boston will all have good teams. 03s in general will be stronger than expected at the elite level.

I heard from my daughter's teammate who has a sister on Stars 03 ECNL that the team is stacked. I agree why would anyone think NEFC or FC Boston would have any better teams than Stars.

Comment

There was a father of an FCB '03 player shooting his mouth off last fall and over the winter about how the U13 FCB team (2015/2016) was poised to be tops once the birth year change was made because the majority of them were 2003. Well, let's fast forward to the spring and early summer. A mother of a 2003 player on that team was saying how the team has quite since they lost Breakers name. They played awful in the spring towards the end of the season and in the playoffs - since the team is mainly the same, how do you see them being better than Stars of NEFC?

Comment

well, my cousin's husband's step-daughter's friend is on Bayside and they are going to be super duper!

Comment

There was a father of an FCB '03 player shooting his mouth off last fall and over the winter about how the U13 FCB team (2015/2016) was poised to be tops once the birth year change was made because the majority of them were 2003. Well, let's fast forward to the spring and early summer. A mother of a 2003 player on that team was saying how the team has quite since they lost Breakers name. They played awful in the spring towards the end of the season and in the playoffs - since the team is mainly the same, how do you see them being better than Stars of NEFC?
                        Agreed. I know the dad you are referring to. First he dissed his own team's players (02's) and then said how good the 03 players were. FCB 02 and 03 U13 team totally folded in the late Spring.

They went into a spiral and lost to teams in the ECNL by 6 goals. Then they lost their best player to Stars (she was an 02 and didn't play in their State Cup matches). The team tanked in post season and none of the FCB 03's were that great to begin with. Why would any logical person think FCB 2003's could beat NEFC or Stars 03's?

Comment

Agreed. I know the dad you are referring to. First he dissed his own team's players (02's) and then said how good the 03 players were. FCB 02 and 03 U13 team totally folded in the late Spring.

They went into a spiral and lost to teams in the ECNL by 6 goals. Then they lost their best player to Stars (she was an 02 and didn't play in their State Cup matches). The team tanked in post season and none of the FCB 03's were that great to begin with. Why would any logical person think FCB 2003's could beat NEFC or Stars 03's?
                          I know the Dad you are referring to as well. He's a big mouth and knows far less than he thinks he does. I know parents and kids on both teams. Both will be very good.

Comment

Here is why...FCB has 7 returning ECNL players...2 of the 2003 girls were selected for the 2003 ODP Region 1 team...so someone with some actual soccer knowledge disagreed with your brilliant "not so great to begin with" assessment.
                            Furthermore, last years Stars and NEFC teams were heavy with 2002 girls, particularly the Stars. I think the 2003 Stars and NEFC ECNL teams will be very good for some of the same reasons posted above...but FCB will be a very good and the very experienced team.

Comment

Here is why...FCB has 7 returning ECNL players...2 of the 2003 girls were selected for the 2003 ODP Region 1 team...so someone with some actual soccer knowledge disagreed with your brilliant "not so great to begin with" assessment.
                              Furthermore, last years Stars and NEFC teams were heavy with 2002 girls, particularly the Stars. I think the 2003 Stars and NEFC ECNL teams will be very good for some of the same reasons posted above...but FCB will be a very good and the very experienced team.
                              Not OP and you are correct in that NEFC and STARS have ODP Region 1 03 players and USTC 03 players as well. NEFC and Stars were 50/50 03 and 02 I thought. Both NEFC and STARS teams did better than the U13 FCB team last season. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

all 3 teams picked up players as well. We'll see who and how those players gel together.

Not OP and you are correct in that NEFC and STARS have ODP Region 1 03 players and USTC 03 players as well. NEFC and Stars were 50/50 03 and 02 I thought. Both NEFC and STARS teams did better than the U13 FCB team last season. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X