Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have an older player and all I can say is this is a repeat of the same. These grassroots teams come along every so often and are powerhouses at the lower level. Success attracts interest and they get more girls and get better...but eventually there is a ceiling. For GPS it's succeeding at the Region IV level. That is not terrible, by the way, but it is not the ultimate in achievement.

The current GPS players have two choices at this point - be satisfied with being the best in Oregon - that will continue for a while (not forever) with the ECNL and GDA teams not participating in OYSA. Or move on to a different environment to reach the next level. They will not reach that next level staying with GPS. For further prove, look at the formerly mightly Pacific Revolution team - now broken up and scattered to *TFC, ECNL, and GDA. Or look at Eugene's 99's - been on a steady decline and couldn't even win state cup this year.

It's hard to stay on top when you consistently play weaker opponents. It certainly feels good to be the giant fish in the tiny Oregon pond...but it doesn't make your kid a better player. Families either figure that out and leave, or they don't.
    So everyone is piling on because they lost one game by one goal to one of the top teams in the country? Oregon soccer is full of insecure a-holes.

Comment

So everyone is piling on because they lost one game by one goal to one of the top teams in the country? Oregon soccer is full of insecure a-holes.
      Let's see how they do at Surf, I am assuming they will play in the top bracket

Comment

Gps has more than one team! GPS is not all about the 2003 girls!
        What other teams are there? The next best team was the 02 girls and from what I heard they scattered like the wind.

Comment

I have an older player and all I can say is this is a repeat of the same. These grassroots teams come along every so often and are powerhouses at the lower level. Success attracts interest and they get more girls and get better...but eventually there is a ceiling. For GPS it's succeeding at the Region IV level. That is not terrible, by the way, but it is not the ultimate in achievement.

The current GPS players have two choices at this point - be satisfied with being the best in Oregon - that will continue for a while (not forever) with the ECNL and GDA teams not participating in OYSA. Or move on to a different environment to reach the next level. They will not reach that next level staying with GPS. For further prove, look at the formerly mightly Pacific Revolution team - now broken up and scattered to *TFC, ECNL, and GDA. Or look at Eugene's 99's - been on a steady decline and couldn't even win state cup this year.

It's hard to stay on top when you consistently play weaker opponents. It certainly feels good to be the giant fish in the tiny Oregon pond...but it doesn't make your kid a better player. Families either figure that out and leave, or they don't.
          Well said.

Comment

Which one?
            There are four or five, and they are all new this year getting ready to play in a brand new top tier league.
            The new younger ones are only terrible. The older teams are the same horrible holdovers from last year. Good thing for them they aren't playing anybody good this year.

Comment

GPS parent started this thread. Got to be willing to take the good , bad and the ugly. Good team, yes. Great team, no. Great teams find a way to win on the big stage and move on.

Comment

GPS parent started this thread. Got to be willing to take the good , bad and the ugly. Good team, yes. Great team, no. Great teams find a way to win on the big stage and move on.
                Not really any great teams from Oregon if that is your criteria.

Comment

Read my OP (I'm the one you replied to). I did not "pile on." I simply pointed out the face that every team has a ceiling. And I said this team's appears to be region IV championships which isn't bad at all. But there are higher accomplishments that some kids go for. As far as your name calling sorry for hitting a nerve.

Comment

The bottom line is this. I watched two of the games and GOS pretty much defending the entire games. I will give them kudos though, they defended well.

Another thing we keep forgetting about is that this is a Hillsboro Select Team called GPS. Pretty awesome having a Rec club pushing through a team to regionals. GPS is not a recognized club in Oregon. It is a few teams and an idea. The GPS idea is a good one by the way and has been tried and tested in other areas of the country but here in Oregon they don't have near the quality of leadership to run it as a true "club"

Just stop and look at these jack azzes starting up new clubs. They think that because they know a little about the game that they can start a club. There's so much more to it. Just ask Joaquin ....he will tell you

Comment

Facts

1. GPS tournament opponents are better then Cu and Fcp.

2. CU and FCP Ecnl schedules are a joke. They are playing teams they either are getting destroyed or a unbelievable waste to play. Imagine paying 10k to fly to New Jersey to play a team that can't even make Region IV championships.

3. You don't get credit for being as good as the teams that are destroying you when you are their door mat. Fcp gets beat 7-1 but turn around and say they are elite?

4. the teams GPS is playing in Region IV would roll through cu and Fcp. No question. Legends in Cal south would beat every team in the Ecnl NW conference. Any knowledgeable coach would tell you that.

5. Ecnl idiot logic: Flying 5 hours and pay 10k to play a waste of a game when they can't even beat a team 10 miles from them.

I can tell you right now that Ecnl is dying out. Ask anyone who knows anything will tell you that they will not be able to sustain espeucally in Oregon.

Comment

CU can't give away spots to play in the Ecnl league anymore. They've literally tried to give people free spots and have been turned down.

All the lies and propaganda is coming to a head now. If you are from so cal you might be good flying around the country to find competition but When you are paying to sit the bench on a 25 player roster on Cu or FCp while paying 10k to go 1-12 with a -11 goal differential you are being SCAMMED.

When you've been tricked into believing your kids going to get a scholarship because one CU team actually they were THUSC and didn't play Ecnl until u17 got some kids into local colleges with mediocre or no money, you are being scammed.

If you think your kid being a doormat for Washington Premier is development, you are being scammed.

When your Ecnl team is having to beg players from GPS to join them because your coach has done a crap job at development in the scam of a league. You are being scammed.

Comment

One question

How many of the cu and Fcp teams are actually playing in the Ecnl post season? All you had to do was not be dead last....

Oh yeah, 1 team out of 16.

Sounds like a hell of a deal. GPS is getting better while you are not doing anything because you paid to be a doormat and be underdeveloped.

FYI

College coaches don't give a rats if you are on a Ecnl team when you are terrible. Just ask the hundreds at Region IV championships watching teams that actually have good players.

Comment

We all know that the Ecnl league participation by Oregon teams is a scam. Smoke and mirrors to recruit while development is a sham and a waste of time.

And

GPS has hot moms in Nike yoga pants.

Comment

obviously the same poster 4x in a row...have a few more cocktails bud

Comment

Same person or not. They are right.

Hate for fc and cu parents to actually let facts get in the way of lying about their scam.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X