Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boca United website, Oh GOD!

Boca United why does the club have a website if you are not going to maintain it or at make it useful? When was it last updated in 2001? Coaches list not update, most of the club info outdated. Old pics of the limited coaches' information. No info on actual team organization. The website look plain awful and embarrassing for a "DA Club".

Good job Captain Obvious. This topic has only been discussed 100 times in the last 3 months.

Freaking retard.

Comment

Thank you so very much for pointing this out. I am now absolutely going to make all of my soccer decisions about BU based on the website. I am going to disregard any other factors and only look at each club's website side by side to make an educated soccer decision.

If you want to debate the quality of BU or any other club, have at it, but websites really have no effect on what is actually happening on the field.

Comment

The website is an actual representation of the mess this club might be. I say might because we are not part of it. Just went to one tryout and decided it wasn't for us. I wish it would have been since it's a lot closer than Weston.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Thank you so very much for pointing this out. I am now absolutely going to make all of my soccer decisions about BU based on the website. I am going to disregard any other factors and only look at each club's website side by side to make an educated soccer decision.

If you want to debate the quality of BU or any other club, have at it, but websites really have no effect on what is actually happening on the field.
          You can't inform your public about your program and goals they will never make it to the field. First image is everything. If you can't get a lousy website with correct info on it what make you think I can trust the club on the field or with my child across the country or around the State?

Comment

Boca United why does the club have a website if you are not going to maintain it or at make it useful? When was it last updated in 2001? Coaches list not update, most of the club info outdated. Old pics of the limited coaches' information. No info on actual team organization. The website look plain awful and embarrassing for a "DA Club".
            I just want to know a simple questions, who the hell is my U16 coach?

Comment

You can't inform your public about your program and goals they will never make it to the field. First image is everything. If you can't get a lousy website with correct info on it what make you think I can trust the club on the field or with my child across the country or around the State?
              Look, I'm not defending the website's format or the lack of information it contains. BU could simply improve on that by sending/answering emails. However, this website problem is not unique to BU. They are 1 of 1000s of sports clubs that use Blue Sombrero for their payment system. Blue Sombrero is owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. In order to use their 'demosphere' accounting system, the club must also use the horribly outdated front page website. The only way to get out of it is for BU to use a new internet accounting provider or create their own. And as we all know, it is a complete sh!t show in the office, so website appearance is the least of our worries.

Comment

Look, I'm not defending the website's format or the lack of information it contains. BU could simply improve on that by sending/answering emails. However, this website problem is not unique to BU. They are 1 of 1000s of sports clubs that use Blue Sombrero for their payment system. Blue Sombrero is owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. In order to use their 'demosphere' accounting system, the club must also use the horribly outdated front page website. The only way to get out of it is for BU to use a new internet accounting provider or create their own. And as we all know, it is a complete sh!t show in the office, so website appearance is the least of our worries.
                I'm not talking about the Blue Sombrero that's not the problem. The problem is basic information on the first page. Blue Sombrero is for payment

Comment

I'm not talking about the Blue Sombrero that's not the problem. The problem is basic information on the first page. Blue Sombrero is for payment
                  I believe what the poster meant, and please correct me, is that Blue Sombrero requires the particular club to use their website interface only. It is the interface for the payment system. If you look at the page format, it is highly outdated. When I pull up the page's code, it is not setup to be user friendly. That may not have anything to do with BU's inability to post information, but from a website viewpoint, no one would have an easy time using that crap. For a club to make a modern website and link it to the Blue Sombrero payment system, without their webpage, would be very difficult and expensive.

Just a quick google search found another club that uses the same platform:

http://www.staffordsoccer.com/Default.aspx?tabid=334490

It is exactly the same as BU, but with different colors.

Comment

Who cares about how good their website looks ??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X