Jim O'Brien resigns from Fairfield U

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were several CT candidates in the mix and all got snubbed. Probably good to get a fresh perspective in there.

It's a desirable school for kids seeking the Northeast

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There were several CT candidates in the mix and all got snubbed. Probably good to get a fresh perspective in there.

It's a desirable school for kids seeking the Northeast
      Who were the Connecticut candidates that were snubbed?

Comment

FU is very desirable but can this guy win and draw thre top CT players.

Comment

Who were the Connecticut candidates that were snubbed?
          JN, SD, and DC was looking to move up too. All snubbed .... In that order.

Comment

JN will never get a college job in this state with the awful reputation he has. Not a leader or a great role model for kids period.

Comment

FU is very desirable but can this guy win and draw thre top CT players.
              Top CT players aren't going to Fairfield. The top players are going to the ACC and Big 10. FU would need to nab the next level down. Kids that might otherwise play at BU, Providence, Colgate and so on. The issue becomes the academics. Many of those type schools offer a strong diploma. FU isn't bad its just not great. Lots of kids we know would take a NESCAC over FU as well.

Comment

JN, SD, and DC was looking to move up too. All snubbed .... In that order.
                SD is the D1 head coach at Princeton who turned down UConn
                DC is the D1 head coach at Quinnipiac and a National coach
                Neither of those coaches wanted that job.
                JN the high school coach? That's funny. He couldn't shine the other coaches' shoes.

Comment

JN isn't even one of the top five HS coaches in CT. How the heck do you think he would get a D1 coaching job?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2177580]JN isn't even one of the top five HS coaches in CT. How the heck do you think he would get a D1 coaching job?[/QUOT

Gateway CC?

Comment

SD is the D1 head coach at Princeton who turned down UConn
                      DC is the D1 head coach at Quinnipiac and a National coach
                      Neither of those coaches wanted that job.
                      JN the high school coach? That's funny. He couldn't shine the other coaches' shoes.
                      I'm sure CFC wanted one of their boys in that role as it helps the cause. OW kids now on the same footing if interested in FU

Comment

I’m sure CFC will not be sending players to FU for awhile. They fire one of their boys and they snub a few guys for a D3 guy

Comment

I’m sure CFC will not be sending players to FU for awhile. They fire one of their boys and they snub a few guys for a D3 guy
                          Yeah I'm sure thats what they will do knuckle head, Guess UCONN will do the same since a bunch of CFC guys didn't get that job as well

Comment

Brilliant...Heard CFC put out a press release to all the players and parents about Fairfield being off limits ...lol...dope

Comment

Yeah I'm sure thats what they will do knuckle head, Guess UCONN will do the same since a bunch of CFC guys didn't get that job as well
                              You’re not too sharp. CFC coaches at QU. Where do you think they will send their players that are looking for that type of school? If you don’t think club plays a part in recruiting and contacts then you need a lobotomy.

Comment

CFC guys have a business built on relationships with college coaches. They also have other players heading there in the fall. I'm sure they will build a relationship there very quickly. Lots of families counting on that.

On another note, I doubt the new staff will honor the verbals with juniors and even some Sophomores. He's going to want to put his own spin on things.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X