X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachside academy 18/19 in dead last place with 4 wins entire year

Comment

So aside from NYCFC which is a non-starter due to location what are some solid alternatives to BS if you live in lower Fairfield for U13/14 and why are they better than BS? Doesn't it mostly depend on coach and that is not known at any club until after you write the check...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So aside from NYCFC which is a non-starter due to location what are some solid alternatives to BS if you live in lower Fairfield for U13/14 and why are they better than BS? Doesn't it mostly depend on coach and that is not known at any club until after you write the check...
        If you are looking for DAP

New York Soccer Club is right over the border in Westchester. It has a well heeled owner and a good history of producing strong youth players. They just built their own facility.

Comment

If you are looking for DAP

New York Soccer Club is right over the border in Westchester. It has a well heeled owner and a good history of producing strong youth players. They just built their own facility.
          Are the coaches any better/different? How is the training different?

Comment

You will need to judge that for yourself

They have been around a very short time but have produced some good talent. They must be doing something correct. They have been awarded new teams in DAP last several years so USSF agrees.

https://www.newyorksoccerclub.org/overview

Comment

NYCFC isn’t a “non-starter” to the several CT kids already playing there.

Comment

Yes I was wondering that too ..

It probably depends on

- practice location (14s practice either in Queens or Orangeburg) Queens would be tough
                - ability to have one parent chauffeur kids to either practice location.

Comment

Relax skippy. I am happy for the CT kids who are able to hike to NYCFC and wish them all success in the world. It is a non-starter for our family and I figured that was obvious when I made the comment.

Comment

Yes I was wondering that too ..

It probably depends on

- practice location (14s practice either in Queens or Orangeburg) Queens would be tough
                    - ability to have one parent chauffeur kids to either practice location.
                    It’s definitely tough, but if you get an opportunity to play for NYCFC, you just figure it out. Orangeburg isn’t as bad, Queens is tough!

Comment

Relax skippy. I am happy for the CT kids who are able to hike to NYCFC and wish them all success in the world. It is a non-starter for our family and I figured that was obvious when I made the comment.
                      It wasn’t obvious Chief. Next time be more specific.

Signed, Skippy

Comment

Likely a non-starter for your family due to the fact that your little skippy isn’t the player you think they are. If they were, you’d make it happen.

Comment

Though new to DA NYSC has a long history of producing quality players. The new facility is a big bonus, great coaching and most importantly no MK ego. It's also a much larger club better able to subsidize the costs of running DA. FCW is another option that was doing better but recent coaching and management changes have reversed that back downwards again. Seriously, if your kid has the chops for NYCFC find a way to make it happen

Comment

MK is great coach. Results don't lie.

Comment

Beachside Coaching

Mickey Kydes is a great coach? How do you define that?

A great coach doesn't coach U-18/19 Academy, they are already fully developed players. A great coach takes the lead with a U-13/U-14 Academy team; teaching 12-13 year olds how to play the game correctly after having learned to pass and receive correctly in the pre-academy program.

If you are going to equate a Good Coach, to the historical performance of the Club, then OK, Mickey had a good run. But that seems done now. Its done now because of the MLS programs, competition from FCW/NYSC/OW/World Class etc.... now the best kids are spread around, and parity (at best) reigns.

I think MK is certainly a bright soccer mind, but brandishing him a good coach because of 'performance' gives no indication of the talent he had to chisel down and develop... .only that he was given the best players. ... again that is now done.

That said, the PROBLEM at Beachside is not MK coaching ability, he coaches one team. Its his control over the club. Any GOOD soccer coach/trainer, has to dedicate themselves to that. Being a good coach/trainer is NOT the same guy that RUNS the club.

Find a good club, with good coaches, and good leadership at the top. If you find that the GOOD LEADER is a coach/trainer in the Club.... you're going to run into an issue... I promise you that.

Comment

It’s definitely tough, but if you get an opportunity to play for NYCFC, you just figure it out. Orangeburg isn’t as bad, Queens is tough!
                                Yeah, and apply some of the $4k savings to hiring help.

No excuse for Lower F'field. Even if kids good enough now better than even money will be attrited by competition for spots and can go back to a "closer" DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X