Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS witholding referee pay

Our dear GPS has decided to f**k with the wrong people today. We were informed that they are not releasing the funds so that referees can get paid for however much they worked on their tournaments in March.. That's 3 days(March 1,7 and 8). That's a huge blow to people because that was going to help them with the situation our country is facing at the moment. I am dissapointed to say the very least. Without referees, GPS would have no tournamnets but thanks to the dictator assigning group they get their way of course while 100s of us are getting such treatment. Good job GPS, thanks MA!

GPS must be folding.. Cause they will never be able to field enough refs to hold a tournament again. Where should male players be looking on south shore Weymouth area if no GPS (and hate bolts). Seacoast MA City? Will NEFC or Stars try to fill void?

Comment

Is this true? If so source?

Comment

Can the Ref who made original post about GPS screwing us please DM me. I have more questions. Thanks

Comment

I saw that message too. That can't a good sign for the future of GPS.
          I can only wonder what is happening behind the scenes... is there really a mass exodus of parents who are wanting full refunds for their players this spring? Anyway, from a legal perspective, it really is a mess as they can't render the service. It's just like I've read that even the best legal contracts might have a big enough whole in the real estate market for some to forego rent payments.

For the good of soccer, I hope some new clubs emerge as I think GPS has gotten to be too large of a piece of the club soccer market.

I know some referees that are already getting squeezed by being shut out for a good chunk or possibly all of the season due to all of this.

This isn't good, and I can't believe they would do this. And if their Memorial Day tourney happens, it may be very challenging for them to get refs for them operating in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Can the Ref who made original post about GPS screwing us please DM me. I have more questions. Thanks
            Here is that message word for word:

To all Referees That Worked the GPS March 7 and 8 Tournament,

GPS has informed us that at this time they are unable to provide us the funds to pay the referees for the March 7 and 8 weekend's event. They have assured us that everyone will be paid in full but that they need to defer the payments to a later date.

GPS has been a good partner for us over the years and we have every reason to believe that they will release those funds to us so we can pay you as soon as possible.

They were able to release the funds for the February 29 and March 1 Tournament to us and that weekend is being paid in full with this payment run which hits referee accounts on April 9.

We will keep working with GPS to get these payments made as soon as possible.

Thanks,

------------------------------

Comment

I'm not DMing anyone. Ask your questions here it's anonymous

Comment

GPS has informed us that at this time they are unable to provide us the funds to pay the referees for the March 7 and 8 weekend's event. They have assured us that everyone will be paid in full but that they need to defer the payments to a later date.

GPS has been a good partner for us over the years and we have every reason to believe that they will release those funds to us so we can pay you as soon as possible.

They were able to release the funds for the February 29 and March 1 Tournament to us and that weekend is being paid in full with this payment run which hits referee accounts on April 9.

Thanks,

Why are they not paying me for my hard work on 3/7 & 3/8. The tournament ran. They took the registration fees.

As usual the referees are the ones who get hit the most. It’s been over 4 weeks since that tournament. I for one, along with many of my colleagues won’t be working an event for gps again.

Comment

Thanks,

US officials and local assignors should ashamed of themselves for not fighting harder for the refs under their jurisdiction. This will hurt all local assignors and any future gps leagues/tournaments in the long run.

Comment

I hate GPS. The assignors are good guys (most) GPS are the devil. Seeing they cut staff pay by 60% they should pay our Refs. Pay me BI$@H!

Comment

Why are they not paying me for my hard work on 3/7 & 3/8. The tournament ran. They took the registration fees.

As usual the referees are the ones who get hit the most. It’s been over 4 weeks since that tournament. I for one, along with many of my colleagues won’t be working an event for gps again.
                      Agreed. They just ripped me off to the tune of $600. Will drive 30 miles to others to avoid gps tournaments from now on.

Comment

Correction. GPS cut 100% of all coaches pay. Only 3 people in the entire Organization are getting paid. The end is near. We can forget about getting our ref money. We could sue them. They love taking people to court.

Comment

I hate GPS. The assignors are good guys (most) GPS are the devil. Seeing they cut staff pay by 60% they should pay our Refs. Pay me BI$@H!
                          Think about this for a second (pay close attn to #3) ...

1) Legacy Sports doesn't have funds to pay refs?? Who will trust them going forward, Memorial Day or beyond. I will not.

2) Referees are not contracted by GPS, NEP, NEFC or any other entity; you are under contract with US Officials. US Officials is legally responsible for paying you. When you receive your 1099MISC income tax form, who is the employer? US Officials.

3) If you are a referee that worked any of these dates in March, look closely at the acceptance status. What disturbs me is that the USO assignors appeared to have been PAID for those dates. Why not the refs? Are these the "good guys" you're referring to?

I smell a lawsuit coming.

Comment

Think about this for a second (pay close attn to #3) ...

1) Legacy Sports doesn't have funds to pay refs?? Who will trust them going forward, Memorial Day or beyond. I will not.

2) Referees are not contracted by GPS, NEP, NEFC or any other entity; you are under contract with US Officials. US Officials is legally responsible for paying you. When you receive your 1099MISC income tax form, who is the employer? US Officials.

3) If you are a referee that worked any of these dates in March, look closely at the acceptance status. What disturbs me is that the USO assignors appeared to have been PAID for those dates. Why not the refs? Are these the "good guys" you're referring to?

I smell a lawsuit coming.
                            Someone give me the address of someone at gps who decided to not pay us. I want to go and give whoever it is a piece of my mind (while practicing physical distancing ofc)

Comment

Someone give me the address of someone at gps who decided to not pay us. I want to go and give whoever it is a piece of my mind (while practicing physical distancing ofc)

Their corporate office is 85 Central St Waltham MA but there's probably no one there til May 5 b/c of the stay at home order. You can look at the MA Corporate registry for an address... 15 Coyne Road Newton MA is a possibility for JB.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X