Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think this is a great time for coaches to offer real, in depth player analysis. Not just one simple paragraph about a certain topic. But very detailed with specific game examples.
    That is an excellent idea. However, are the coaches even still employed? Aren't some coaches 1099'd? Who knows if the clubs are still paying the coaches or what is expected of them. Pretty sweet gig if the coaches are paid for sittin on their behinds for a few months.

Comment

none

Xfire
      There's no XF ECNL team that has only played 2 games. Only local ECNL teams with only 2 games is a SU composite.

Comment

Gunners coaches are conducting weekly zoom meetings, assigning homework (videos, drills, reading material and other items). Some are requiring video proof of getting work in. Club directors are also sending out information in addition to team coaches.

Comment

That is an excellent idea. However, are the coaches even still employed? Aren't some coaches 1099'd? Who knows if the clubs are still paying the coaches or what is expected of them. Pretty sweet gig if the coaches are paid for sittin on their behinds for a few months.
          It appears most clubs are still paying regularly salary to coaches.

Comment

Gunners coaches are conducting weekly zoom meetings, assigning homework (videos, drills, reading material and other items). Some are requiring video proof of getting work in. Club directors are also sending out information in addition to team coaches.
            That is really good to hear. Wish more clubs cared enough and showed it by their actions.

Gunners seems to have a good program, only thing that kept me from joining was the lack of ECNL.

Comment

$300.00 credit but dues go up $400.00 next year. Not bad.
              Not really a refund then. Terrible time to raise fees by $400 next year when families are suffering the economic consequences of the virus. Instead, clubs should offer a credit but not increase fees for next year. This is a good opportunity for clubs to seriously discuss the need to travel like they have in the past. No out of state travel until at least U14. Reorganize the local leagues and do limited out of state tournaments and league play. Eliminating travel and forcing families to play and stay would help sustain the local soccer scene. Clubs should also consolidate their top teams and offer more affordable options at the select level instead of having a 3 or 4 tier premier system.

Comment

+1

Yes, ten and eleven year old kids flying across the country to play sports in insane. It' s time to eliminate that for good.

I won't allow my DD to play ECNL next year if I can't drive to all games.

Comment

Imagine if Seattle clubs worked together...

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/dmv-...vid-19-crisis/

DMV United: D.C. area youth soccer community vows not to leverage COVID-19 crisis

Over 60 youth soccer clubs, leagues and facilities based in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. have vowed to eliminate competition and focus on cooperation during the COVID-19 pandemic.

With all on-field and in-person activities suspended for at least the next month, the D.C. soccer community joined together to form DMV United, which sets up a support structure and outlines rules of operation for the remainder of the shutdown. Each member organization has made a commitment to safety by following the guidelines of local health departments, while also giving back to the community to the best of their abilities.

One of the primary purposes of DMV United is to establish ground rules for the business side of soccer, during a time of uncertainty when there may be temptation to seek leverage against rival brands. This includes ceasing most marketing efforts until there is a clear restart date, and not using the crisis as a player recruitment tool against other clubs.

“Some clubs my come out of this in a worse financial position than other clubs,” said Matt Libber, Executive Director of the Maryland SoccerPlex. “As part of this commitment, member organizations pledge to not use that as leverage during the upcoming recruitment period.”

More than 100,000 players, coaches and club leaders are represented by organizations that have joined DMV United, which will operate as a cooperative, not led by any single club or small group of clubs.

“In the end, this group is all about trust that clubs will do the right thing and honor their commitments,” Libber said.

With all soccer training and instruction moving online, DMV United members are coming together to share ideas, resources, and best practices for helping players continue their development from home. The newly-created DMV United website includes COVID-19 related resources specifically for coaches, players, parents and businesses.

“The DMV UNITED initiative has brought together organizations across the beltway region to join in sharing best practices for supporting player development remotely and keeping them active at home,” stated Thomas Park, Executive Director of Alexandria Soccer Association. “By sharing these best practices, along with club management tactics, the DMV United team stands ready to deliver impactful programming the moment it is safe for our community to return to play.”

DMV United members each committed to a set of five principles which are to serve as a guide throughout the remainder of the pandemic, and it the aftermath:

We share the responsibility to pause programming until health departments advise that structured play is safe for all
                  We share thoughts for all those affected by the virus with commitment to supporting community members in need
                  We share our commitment to supporting player development with remote training resources and individual guidance
                  We commit to working as a UNITED soccer community to deliver the highest quality and most impactful programming ever, once we are able to resume structured activity.
                  We will support one another as we navigate organizational challenges and will not leverage hardships incurred by clubs during the COVID-19 crisis

Comment

+1

Yes, ten and eleven year old kids flying across the country to play sports in insane. It' s time to eliminate that for good.

I won't allow my DD to play ECNL next year if I can't drive to all games.
                    Then stick to Rec. Tournaments and out of town travel is part of the ecosystem of “Premier” soccer. But I guess you can “drive” to those too! So in all actuality as long as you aren’t going across pacific or Atlantic you are good!

Comment

My kid is at EFC. They sent out weekly canned emails. A few messages from the DOC. No real insight to what's going on at the club. Pretty generic email blasts. No mention of refund. Quite impersonal. Seems the club doesn't have as much adminstrative support as the other clubs. Maybe they could use more employees, volunteers and technical know-how.
                      This is idiotic! You want more of your soccer dollars going to administrative overhead?

Let me ask you... as a parent, what are you doing to bring your team together? Have you even had a conversation with your coach?

And as far as refunds, and this isn’t specific to EFC- if you really need it, talk to your director of coaching. They likely will be understanding and refund you. But you are too much of a weak azz and won’t do it. You want to pretend that everything is ok and they owe you a refund. BS. This is a situation that is completely new for clubs, they are trying to figure it out too! Stop waiting for a handout.

Stop hiding behind message boards portraying to be a victim and do something constructive. If you can’t do it for others, do it for your kids. Quit hoping something will happen and do something. Get off your lazy azz.

Teams are doing everything they can to retain coaches. How about a little appreciation!

Comment

This is idiotic! You want more of your soccer dollars going to administrative overhead?

Let me ask you... as a parent, what are you doing to bring your team together? Have you even had a conversation with your coach?

And as far as refunds, and this isn’t specific to EFC- if you really need it, talk to your director of coaching. They likely will be understanding and refund you. But you are too much of a weak azz and won’t do it. You want to pretend that everything is ok and they owe you a refund. BS. This is a situation that is completely new for clubs, they are trying to figure it out too! Stop waiting for a handout.

Stop hiding behind message boards portraying to be a victim and do something constructive. If you can’t do it for others, do it for your kids. Quit hoping something will happen and do something. Get off your lazy azz.

Teams are doing everything they can to retain coaches. How about a little appreciation!
                        Sounds like an Eastside coach is a little embarrassed..

Is it because other clubs are stepping up and doing the right thing?

And for the original poster complaining about Eastside, you should have never signed your kid up for that fake wannabe daycare for the rich to begin with if you really cared about your kid learning soccer

Comment

Sounds like an Eastside coach is a little embarrassed..

Is it because other clubs are stepping up and doing the right thing?

And for the original poster complaining about Eastside, you should have never signed your kid up for that fake wannabe daycare for the rich to begin with if you really cared about your kid learning soccer
                          Parent, not a coach. And you can take your bs back to whatever club will have your piece of crap ds/dd. If you think any “clubs” in the greater Seattle area care about your piece of crap ds/dd you are the fool. The one thing they all have in common is there ability to remove cash from your wallet. Oh what’s that you say? Your unemployment check hasn’t arrived?

Comment

I don’t know about anyone else but I definitely give credibility to the person that uses the term “piece of crap ds/dd” multiple times...

Real pinaccle of society there...

Comment

I don’t know about anyone else but I definitely give credibility to the person that uses the term “piece of crap ds/dd” multiple times...

Real pinaccle of society there...
                              And there it is folks... how do I run away from the dumb azz comments that I made? I try to appeal to everyone else that I’m the nice guy...

Haha! You are an idiot. Stick to the topic or go away.

If you need a handout, veiled as a refund, ask for one. Stop complaining on message boards that clubs aren’t proactively returning your money and get a life and some respectability.

And go beg the federal government for your $1500 check while you are at it.

Comment

Real winner over here...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X