X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYSA ideas

Teams,

I want to thank you all for your ongoing support of these competitions and for having patience with the current environment we find ourselves in. Before FYSA made the decision to suspend soccer activities in the middle of March, many games had already been played around the state for Commissioners Cup & Presidents Cup. With player and member safety in mind, we discontinued these competitions until further notice.

Over the past two weeks, members of the FYSA Staff have been fielding questions on the status of all three competitions: Commissioners Cup, Presidents Cup, and State Cup. At this time, we are committed to finishing the rest of our state tournament series for 2020. While we are currently going over the logistics for each competition, more details will be forthcoming soon on how we plan to accomplish this but sit tight as we are planning a big celebration of soccer once we can return to the field! Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Jill Hartley*

Pretty obvious that it will turn into week long events with school out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Pretty obvious that it will turn into week long events with school out.
      during the week parents work? maybe the idea of pushing back tryouts into June or July?

Comment

Jill,

#1 resign.

#2 John resign.

You don't represent the state. You represent the clubs and their 25-mile radius.

Please no one wants to hear from you

Teams,

I want to thank you all for your ongoing support of these competitions and for having patience with the current environment we find ourselves in. Before FYSA made the decision to suspend soccer activities in the middle of March, many games had already been played around the state for Commissioners Cup & Presidents Cup. With player and member safety in mind, we discontinued these competitions until further notice.

Over the past two weeks, members of the FYSA Staff have been fielding questions on the status of all three competitions: Commissioners Cup, Presidents Cup, and State Cup. At this time, we are committed to finishing the rest of our state tournament series for 2020. While we are currently going over the logistics for each competition, more details will be forthcoming soon on how we plan to accomplish this but sit tight as we are planning a big celebration of soccer once we can return to the field! Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Jill Hartley*

Comment

Jill,

#1 resign.

#2 John resign.

You don't represent the state. You represent the clubs and their 25-mile radius.

Please no one wants to hear from you
          Quick! Someone find a contractor and an architect so we can build a bridge to help this guy get over it!

Comment

what has FYSA done for the soccer community?

They are clueless and continue to cause more chaos. They are not a solution. They support ODP, why?

One pyramid one league one team.

Quick! Someone find a contractor and an architect so we can build a bridge to help this guy get over it!

Comment

what has FYSA done for the soccer community?

They are clueless and continue to cause more chaos. They are not a solution. They support ODP, why?

One pyramid one league one team.
              It's the opposite - ODP supports them - $$$.

Comment

I feel bad for the kids and the parents. I wish their was a way kids and parents could form a union. Fysa would address concerns quicker. It is very sad. The only time clubs and leagues cares about the players is when they stand to lose money.

Comment

FYsA is a joke. They look at kids as cattlemen look at cows, by a head count.

It is sad how they manage the state. They do throw lavish Once a year parties, but still don’t know anything about the sport

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2684096]I feel bad for the kids and the parents. I wish their was a way kids and parents could form a union. Fysa would address concerns quicker. It is very sad. The only time clubs and leagues cares about the players is when they stand to lose

they will have to refund a lot of money

Comment

FYSA is a disgrace. They do not care about anything but money and they protect corrupt clubs and coaches like drug dealers.

Comment

The truth about FYSA.

1. They don't allow true competition. Clubs that should play do not. Example: Celebration is off the I-4 and 417. It is a small community. Due to the 25 mile radius they cannot compete within FYSA. The president must make a deal with Lakeland to play. If they could play they need permission from Bryan the President/Monarch of FCFC. Then they must get permission from one other club. FCFC said no and so did the other club. To get to FCFC fields in Davenport, you must take 192 which is a 45min to 1-hour drive, if you take I-4 you have the horrendous traffic. Taken into consideration that Celebration has state of the art fields and that the distance to FCFC is too far, FYSA has negated every possibility to be autonomous. Now imagine a small club in Miami, Kissimmee or even West Florida. If they cannot find an affiliation how can they compete? How can you argue these points with an organization is to protect the clubs not the sport. FYSA should allow anyone to play, regardless of who they are. The 25-mile radius prevents some clubs to play GCF (which is another joke) and CDL. Maybe someone can elaborate. Now let's say you want to affiliate with a club, there is a board member in GCF that will lend you its club. So its like a private kickback.

2. The leadership thinks that everything is transparent, but its a very close-knit. It is very private. They do not focus on the integrity of the game.

3. League games are not posted on time. They are posted maybe a week or two before the league starts. Even if I am wrong, they are rude to all the posts of angry clubs and parents. Their lack of professionalism shows that they are in complete control. You either like it or your out. It is true, it is the only option for some clubs.

To finalize if they will just allow everyone to play, you will improve the game. They should only police the game not make it accessible to those that signed up within the state years ago. Wake up cause your policies are affecting the national game.

Comment

Get it Right....please

The truth about FYSA.

1. They don't allow true competition. Clubs that should play do not. Example: Celebration is off the I-4 and 417. It is a small community. Due to the 25 mile radius they cannot compete within FYSA. The president must make a deal with Lakeland to play. If they could play they need permission from Bryan the President/Monarch of FCFC. Then they must get permission from one other club. FCFC said no and so did the other club. To get to FCFC fields in Davenport, you must take 192 which is a 45min to 1-hour drive, if you take I-4 you have the horrendous traffic. Taken into consideration that Celebration has state of the art fields and that the distance to FCFC is too far, FYSA has negated every possibility to be autonomous. Now imagine a small club in Miami, Kissimmee or even West Florida. If they cannot find an affiliation how can they compete? How can you argue these points with an organization is to protect the clubs not the sport. FYSA should allow anyone to play, regardless of who they are. The 25-mile radius prevents some clubs to play GCF (which is another joke) and CDL. Maybe someone can elaborate. Now let's say you want to affiliate with a club, there is a board member in GCF that will lend you its club. So its like a private kickback.

2. The leadership thinks that everything is transparent, but its a very close-knit. It is very private. They do not focus on the integrity of the game.

3. League games are not posted on time. They are posted maybe a week or two before the league starts. Even if I am wrong, they are rude to all the posts of angry clubs and parents. Their lack of professionalism shows that they are in complete control. You either like it or your out. It is true, it is the only option for some clubs.

To finalize if they will just allow everyone to play, you will improve the game. They should only police the game not make it accessible to those that signed up within the state years ago. Wake up cause your policies are affecting the national game.
                          First off.....if you're going to whine and complain get your facts straight. It's a 15 mile rule and there isn't a DAMN thing FYSA can do about it. It's a rule that's in place. YOU recommend a rule change at the AGM and see if the members will vote to eliminate it. Not going to happen because the money grubbing big clubs don't want to give up their piece of the pie.

Comment

I Stand corrected!!!

15 miles it is. You like the rule or you just accept it?

First off.....if you're going to whine and complain get your facts straight. It's a 15 mile rule and there isn't a DAMN thing FYSA can do about it. It's a rule that's in place. YOU recommend a rule change at the AGM and see if the members will vote to eliminate it. Not going to happen because the money grubbing big clubs don't want to give up their piece of the pie.

Comment

Hate it

I Stand corrected!!!

15 miles it is. You like the rule or you just accept it?
                              I hate it but you can't blame an organization for following rules members voted in. I'll say it again. Bring up a rule change for the AGM and let everyone vote on it. If it doesn't get eliminated you can yell at the clubs...they are the problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X