timeline for refunds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the world is JC not giving back to people for not wanting to travel to Europe during these times. His over priced take everyone to train and think they are great program is the worst was well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How in the world is JC not giving back to people for not wanting to travel to Europe during these times. His over priced take everyone to train and think they are great program is the worst was well.
      It’s the truth; offering credits. Thousands of dollars worth.

Comment

i know, this is so funny. getting recruited for the cfc 2001 and 2002 girls didn't seem to be a problem. so now the 2003 cfc parents want to blame cfc coaches for lack of commitments? how about this, when your kid takes the field in any game or id camp, they are auditioning. coaches must like what they see. sorry, just the facts.
        I've no doubt many thought their kids are just as good as the last two year's classes and overshot their targets. Whether or not the club warned them they were being unrealistic is unclear, or if families even listened. However, it isn't that hard to do some research on rosters to see player resumes and who is getting substantive PT. Having realistic targets has always been essential for recruiting success, Covid 19 or not.

I do feel for the 03's/21's - they've gotten continually hosed by the calendar year change, DA upheavals and now this. They may not be able to play their senior year in HS if that's cancelled.

Comment

Depends on the cancellation policies. I've had to cancel several travel plans and some travel providers will work with you, others no so much.

Moving forward contracts for clubs, showcases, travel cancellations, all of it will be re-written and more closely scrutinized.

Comment

same as ow nothing
            Truth checker...ow has 7 players now committed on its 2003 DA team. They do a fantastic job with kids and have provided awesome platforms for the group and players to stay connected and active. The coaches actively advocate for kids with college coaches despite this pandemic even in the absence of showcases.

Comment

Truth checker...ow has 7 players now committed on its 2003 DA team. They do a fantastic job with kids and have provided awesome platforms for the group and players to stay connected and active. The coaches actively advocate for kids with college coaches despite this pandemic even in the absence of showcases.
              Endicott, Wesleyan, Conn College, UHart I am sure ....

Comment

Nothing wrong with those schools, but OW doesn’t do a good job at anything on the girls side. Weak club for girls. Their focus is their boys program.

Comment

sorry cfc you are incorrect actually one is committed to one of your coaches schools

Comment

let’s see cfc 2003 list paying 3700 for this year bust and already for next year when college applications due right after high season over with no showcase or ID camps to attend

Comment

I've no doubt many thought their kids are just as good as the last two year's classes and overshot their targets. Whether or not the club warned them they were being unrealistic is unclear, or if families even listened. However, it isn't that hard to do some research on rosters to see player resumes and who is getting substantive PT. Having realistic targets has always been essential for recruiting success, Covid 19 or not.

I do feel for the 03's/21's - they've gotten continually hosed by the calendar year change, DA upheavals and now this. They may not be able to play their senior year in HS if that's cancelled.
                      agree the CFC 2003 team overshot and team without much talent or recruit ability stop
                      blaming coaches and club bottom
                      line your kids are just not good enough

Comment

i know, this is so funny. getting recruited for the cfc 2001 and 2002 girls didn't seem to be a problem. so now the 2003 cfc parents want to blame cfc coaches for lack of commitments? how about this, when your kid takes the field in any game or id camp, they are auditioning. coaches must like what they see. sorry, just the facts.
                        that 2003 team keeps losing players and players coming in are not up to speed

Comment

agree the CFC 2003 team overshot and team without much talent or recruit ability stop
                          Stop crapping on the 2003 CFC team. It isn't about being good enough, they need to understand where they fit and find a coach that has a need for their position, type of player, type of parent, grades, etc. It is a puzzle and the sooner you get to "yes, we're intrigued or interested in seeing more" or "no, not interested or like that player, but don't need that position in this class" the better. That is parents/kids job is to ask CFC coaches to find out or have your kid ask the coaches directly. Don't be afraid of no, be aggressive and last but not least, ask your coach if your choices are realistic. You are misguided if you think coaches are just randomly watching games/kids at showcases. They are extremely targeted and are watching games/kids with who they are close to making an offer to or needed to see more. My daughter had the head coach come by to watch her at a showcase after the assistant had told her and our club coach that they liked her and wanted to see more. Walked up, watched for 15 minutes, she did some good things, he texted our coach...good player, I like bigger players at that position, good luck to her. My daughter thanked him for coming to see her via email and he responded back, you will find a great school and they will be lucky to have you. The point, don't place blame, take charge of process.

Comment

Nothing wrong with those schools, but OW doesn’t do a good job at anything on the girls side. Weak club for girls. Their focus is their boys program.
                            They all can be achieved without GDA

Comment

It's always about targeting right. Some clubs aren't realistic with parents, and some parents won't listen to club advice no matter how honest and factual it is. Nothing unique to CFC there.

Comment

let’s see cfc 2003 list paying 3700 for this year bust and already for next year when college applications due right after high season over with no showcase or ID camps to attend
                                Any 2021 that isn't committed yet is in the same boat. A lot of D1 and even D2 recruiting was done or close to it. Chances are coaches have seen many of the players they were interested in already. They can request more game footage, do video calls with players. There's ways around it if need be, and If programs only bring in 5 players instead of 7, will it make a big difference? Probably not. D3 players could go ahead and apply EA to schools they've been talking to and hope the rest sorts itself out later.

Also not all 03s are juniors. 2022's still have time

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X