Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you coaches are too much. Can barely muster up a positive word on the way to the cars or send an informative email during the week nevermind make game adjustments or make a substitution more than once a half. In the 7 years my two kids have been in premiere soccer they have had a combined 2 years of great coaching. And that's at the so called big three. Please
    You're the consumer and you have choices. Change clubs, drop out of youth soccer, whatever. If your club isn't delivering on at home instruction, as many are, then leave. If you were already unhappy (clearly you were) then leave.

Comment

You're the consumer and you have choices. Change clubs, drop out of youth soccer, whatever. If your club isn't delivering on at home instruction, as many are, then leave. If you were already unhappy (clearly you were) then leave.
      yup. we are leaving too. Thanks for the nudge. Too many cheaper and more local options

Comment

Yet you bring them back year after year? You must love to stand on the sideline and bitch with the other dads.
        Actually I'm a mom. One that played D1. I know the game and usually keep my mouth shut. I just don't see a ton of effort. People kill the daddy coaches all the time on this board. The best coach my kid has ever had was a daddy coach. Yeah, so his kid was on team, but we played twice as much as the other age group team in our organization and he methodically taught the kids the game. Now we have an accent who thinks he can teach 12 year olds to play like chelsea. Kind of misses the point and doesn't teach the building blocks of how to play and frankly he doesn't care to ever go the extra mile.

The bitching for me is this... TRY. Don't just show up. TRY

Comment

yup. we are leaving too. Thanks for the nudge. Too many cheaper and more local options
          The upside of so many clubs and leagues is that consumers have options. Some clubs still haven't figured that out yet, but will in the age of Covid. If you're not delivering a good value you may not make it to next season

Comment

Actually I'm a mom. One that played D1. I know the game and usually keep my mouth shut. I just don't see a ton of effort. People kill the daddy coaches all the time on this board. The best coach my kid has ever had was a daddy coach. Yeah, so his kid was on team, but we played twice as much as the other age group team in our organization and he methodically taught the kids the game. Now we have an accent who thinks he can teach 12 year olds to play like chelsea. Kind of misses the point and doesn't teach the building blocks of how to play and frankly he doesn't care to ever go the extra mile.

thats exactly what the coach is saying about your kid

Comment

You played the game and know the game. Feel free to get your USSF cert and start coaching. You'll then realize that unless you are coaching the top team for the age group in your club you 1) have players with a mix of ability and interest levels 2) have parents that assume because they pay lots of money for premier their kids will magically become star soccer players (here's a hint, they won't), and 3) the best players on the team will likely leave your team for the top team or leave the club and their replacements will be starting from square one, but the parents, especially the ones left from previous years expect the team to move up and win. It's a no-win situation and it's driven by money and ego, not love of the game.

Here is the reality. Soccer is a sport that requires a ton of effort and energy to excel at from the player. It also requires some innante athleticism. For most that I coach, they will be lucky to make their varsity soccer teams by sophomore or junior year. They certainly aren't playing in college. I know what D1 college players require and most club players don't have it. It's why we have DA, ECNL, NPL, NEP, etc. You want your kid to get better? They need to be outside touching the ball all the time. Juggle, freestyle, dribble, look up new 1v1 moves, shoot, cross, play. Two days of practice and a game on Sunday is like the bare minimum. Oh, and if you expect your kid to get anything out of the game once they play 11v11 and they aren't running at least 10 miles a week, plus intervals/sprints a couple times a week, you're delusional. Can't tell you how many kids just don't bother to prepare physically and can't play more than a 10 minute shift without dogging it and they wonder why they get subbed.

Comment

Amazing how many D1 parents we have on TS! You would think with the D1 Moms and Dad in this state we wound a few more talented kids. How could all these D 1 parents produce such crappy players?

Comment

Amazing how many D1 parents we have on TS! You would think with the D1 Moms and Dad in this state we wound a few more talented kids. How could all these D 1 parents produce such crappy players?
                  The same way you did. It’s tough to understand.

Comment

Yes you played D1 when you went to college. Do you know how bad that level was that you really played at back then
                    It’s not good now but back then it was awful
                    All parents who think they played at a good level in college you didn’t
                    US soccer was poor back in the day when the parents played and it’s still or now
                    Look at mls it’s a really bad level, national team really bad level, women’s national team is better but that’s because most other countries didn’t have women’s soccer especially Europe who just started about 10 years ago and have almost caught up now
                    So keep telling kids good punt, great job and nice kick and none of them will every improve
                    The reason accent coaches teams is because they have licenses was brought up in the game it was life for them like Baseball, Basketball and American football was here. If you are a American parent don’t coach soccer coach an American sport.

Comment

Yes you played D1 when you went to college. Do you know how bad that level was that you really played at back then
                      It’s not good now but back then it was awful
                      All parents who think they played at a good level in college you didn’t
                      US soccer was poor back in the day when the parents played and it’s still or now
                      Look at mls it’s a really bad level, national team really bad level, women’s national team is better but that’s because most other countries didn’t have women’s soccer especially Europe who just started about 10 years ago and have almost caught up now
                      So keep telling kids good punt, great job and nice kick and none of them will every improve
                      The reason accent coaches teams is because they have licenses was brought up in the game it was life for them like Baseball, Basketball and American football was here. If you are a American parent don’t coach soccer coach an American sport.
                      Wow. English? What a fwad. Good one johnny, now move along and keep slerping on someone else's couch until you can make enough to fly back home. The real problem with american soccer is the prretenders with accents. Bunch of jokers

Comment

I played professionally overseas and I think all CT parents are a bunch of wankers. Your kids should play cricket!

Comment

I played professionally overseas and I think all CT parents are a bunch of wankers. Your kids should play cricket!
                          And you came here to get a coaching job because you sucked as a player

Comment

That was your wife mate! She was D 1 for sure at that

Comment

That was your wife mate! She was D 1 for sure at that
                              If American parents keep those mouths shut on the sidelines they may see some improvements with kids on the field
                              Stick to American football and baseball
                              If you’re a hairdresser no one wants to hire you for a plumbing job
                              Do what you can and leave alone what you can not
                              Also soccer moms love the accent so dad’s be quiet so they can hear it

Comment

We have a few of these english t w ts. Their heads are up their ass es. Zero clue with zero ability.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X