Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nonsense. Parents are worried about the health of their families and friends and the future of this country. Refunds are the last thing on peoples minds. Be patient, play will resume end of spring or near summer. No-one wants to sue CFC or any other club. Give them a chance, they are doing their best under the circumstances.
    People may not want to sue- but your pretty ignorant or pompous to think people don’t want a refund

Comment

That is the worst post ever on TS. You win
      I liked it

Comment

People may not want to sue- but your pretty ignorant or pompous to think people don’t want a refund
        Putting youth soccer aside for a minute, it looks like most businesses are issuing credits. I don’t expect that we will see cash refunds including anyone who has concert tickets or pro sports tickets. Saw something from StubHub saying they will
        issue credits for up to 120%, but no refunds. Going to be a different world for the next few months.

Comment

Oh the pool water at CFC needs some serious testing. I can see it looks like swamp water from here
          Pretty sure that swamp water car from your swamp arse

Comment

screw the westport handbag mafia for bringing the virus to the us

Comment

you cfc parents are such idiots no wonder your kids are going nowhere fast

Comment

Just another thread by the CFC hating troll. This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

All clubs are on wait and see mode. Wait to see 1) if the season is officially over 2) what your club does before screaming about small claims court.
                Small claims court will be best and only route. Think about it. Small claims is up to 5k or something near. Court cost are small $100-$200. You can represent yourself. Low cost option. Think about how many appearances a club might need to make in small claims court. Imagine if half of an 18 player team sued in small claims court. That would be 9 lawsuits and 9 court appearances. That would take lots of time. Club would need to represent themselves in each lawsuit. Now multiple that across multiple teams, age groups, genders. That could be a huge number.

That is the last thing a club wants to do. Represent themselves in 2-4 court cases everyday for weeks or months.

Comment

Small claims court will be best and only route. Think about it. Small claims is up to 5k or something near. Court cost are small $100-$200. You can represent yourself. Low cost option. Think about how many appearances a club might need to make in small claims court. Imagine if half of an 18 player team sued in small claims court. That would be 9 lawsuits and 9 court appearances. That would take lots of time. Club would need to represent themselves in each lawsuit. Now multiple that across multiple teams, age groups, genders. That could be a huge number.

That is the last thing a club wants to do. Represent themselves in 2-4 court cases everyday for weeks or months.
                  I just got off the phone with judge Judy. She said she will offer a buy one get two for free situation to handle cases which would help lower costs if split between 3 people.

Comment

You are about as dumb as they come

Comment

Probably would end after the first case either way. There wouldn’t be dozens of cases. They’d decide it once and then that decision would take precedence. It might not even make it that far. Take a look at your club’s commitment form. What does it say?

Comment

Most courts are closed except for criminal proceedings. It would be months and months and months before you even got in there.

Comment

Does anyone think that the clubs should simply keep the money if the entire Spring season doesn’t happen? I really don’t understand the argument here. If clubs keep all the money in this scenario they’ll all simply have their best profit margin season on record. Why would any club owner think this is the correct course of action?

Comment

No doubt the smarter ones are trying to apply forbthe small business loans and Grant's, but since seasons aren't officially over yet and no $ returned yet would they qualify?

Comment

Does anyone think that the clubs should simply keep the money if the entire Spring season doesn’t happen? I really don’t understand the argument here. If clubs keep all the money in this scenario they’ll all simply have their best profit margin season on record. Why would any club owner think this is the correct course of action?
                              Small club owner here so I know it is different, but don’t forget that some families haven’t paid yet. We have a bunch of money not yet collected. I’m guessing it won’t be collected either. So if I give partial refunds and get stiffed by parents that haven’t paid, I will be out of business. Plus my coaches are mostly paycheck to paycheck without other jobs. I’m trying to pay them as well. I’ll apply for one of those loans to hopefully help on that front. I can imagine numbers are much larger at the bigger clubs in terms of who has paid and who hasn’t. Also some expenses are fixed. Tournaments not giving refunds. Are clubs supposed to pay for tournaments, cover parents that haven’t paid and pay their coaches too?

Just another perspective.

Comment

Small club owner here so I know it is different, but don’t forget that some families haven’t paid yet. We have a bunch of money not yet collected. I’m guessing it won’t be collected either. So if I give partial refunds and get stiffed by parents that haven’t paid, I will be out of business. Plus my coaches are mostly paycheck to paycheck without other jobs. I’m trying to pay them as well. I’ll apply for one of those loans to hopefully help on that front. I can imagine numbers are much larger at the bigger clubs in terms of who has paid and who hasn’t. Also some expenses are fixed. Tournaments not giving refunds. Are clubs supposed to pay for tournaments, cover parents that haven’t paid and pay their coaches too?

Just another perspective.
                                That's my problem too. About half the people hadn't paid yet when all the problems started. So do we keep some of the money from those who paid to cover costs and get complaints that they didn't get a full refund while others didn't pay at all or do we give full refunds and eat the loss for the sake of keeping everyone happy and hoping that they all come back next year. We don't have any staff paid directly by the club so it's not a huge amount of money we would lose at the club level, just league fees and player pass costs, but it would still be a decent hit against our cash reserves.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X