Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    By mid April NYC may level off and that is a maybe. Everywhere else could still be on the upswing at that point as NYC is " first through the chute" and has been more aggressive at trying to slow transmission rate then other places
    Huh? NYC was behind most places and with a condensced population like this, it's so much worse. Daily I read story after story how awful it is. They have a long way to go to a handle on this. Some parts of the country that aren't packed like sardines, maybe. Not NYC

Comment

Exactly my point. Everyone has goals and hopes and wishes, targets to make it happen. But, when Trump said it, it deserved pearl clutching; when Cuomo says it, it's perfectly reasonable.
      When did either one say it? Link please.

Comment

Huh? NYC was behind most places and with a condensced population like this, it's so much worse. Daily I read story after story how awful it is. They have a long way to go to a handle on this. Some parts of the country that aren't packed like sardines, maybe. Not NYC

Cdc would beg to differ

American health officials are deeply concerned that the coronavirus outbreak that has overwhelmed New York City hospitals in recent days is just the first in a wave of local outbreaks likely to strike cities across the country in the coming weeks.

In an exclusive interview, Dr. Anne Schuchat, the principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said her agency is seeing early signs that the number of cases in other cities are already beginning to spike. While New York City is home to almost half the cases in the country at the moment, other cities are seeing their case counts rising at alarming rates.

"We're looking at our flu syndromic data, our respiratory illness that presents at emergency departments. Across the country there's a number of areas that are escalating. The numbers in New York are so large that they show up, but we're looking at increases over time and we're really seeing some in a number of places. It would be surprising to me based on what I've seen about how this virus spreads if it were not going to increase in many other parts of the country," Schuchat said.

Comment

Cdc would beg to differ

American health officials are deeply concerned that the coronavirus outbreak that has overwhelmed New York City hospitals in recent days is just the first in a wave of local outbreaks likely to strike cities across the country in the coming weeks.

In an exclusive interview, Dr. Anne Schuchat, the principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said her agency is seeing early signs that the number of cases in other cities are already beginning to spike. While New York City is home to almost half the cases in the country at the moment, other cities are seeing their case counts rising at alarming rates.

"We're looking at our flu syndromic data, our respiratory illness that presents at emergency departments. Across the country there's a number of areas that are escalating. The numbers in New York are so large that they show up, but we're looking at increases over time and we're really seeing some in a number of places. It would be surprising to me based on what I've seen about how this virus spreads if it were not going to increase in many other parts of the country," Schuchat said.

Doesn't address my point: NYC wasn't the "first though the chute" and behind most locations in locking down. It also doesn't address anything that they are still a long way to go to get out of this.

Comment

When did either one say it? Link please.

Find your own friggin' links.

People have been on Trump for the past three days for the hope of an Easter return. Cuomo's was yesterday, according to the hypocrite who used it to make her point (which actually proved completely opposite of her point, but whatcha' gonna' do? Can't fix stupid, I guess)

Comment

This is Tough on My Child

NYC is a hot mess (according to my friend commuting to work today) the subways are still a total bio-hazard!!!! If diblasio had any balls or any common sense he would have shut down the subways, LIRR and Amtrak a week ago....hes a total Retard!!!!

Cuomo should have stepped on diblasios neck and gotten it done!!!!!!!

Cuomo looks great when the cameras are on him....but bottom line hes a weak leader.

Diblasio and Cuomo don't have the balls to make the tough right decisions.

Comment

Doesn't address my point: NYC wasn't the "first though the chute" and behind most locations in locking down. It also doesn't address anything that they are still a long way to go to get out of this.
                Ummm..try reading the cdcs officials words again.

".... It would be surprising to me based on what I've seen about how this virus spreads if it were not going to increase in many other parts of the country," Schuchat said.

"Going to increase in other parts of the country" .....as in the future.

Comment

That is from the CDC. Not from Cuomo, not from deblasio, from the CDC.

Comment

But sure..go lick some handrails in Michigan and then kiss all the senior citizens in your life if you are so sure the danger is soon passed out there.

Comment

This is Tough on My Child

That is from the CDC. Not from Cuomo, not from deblasio, from the CDC.
                      thanks for proving that those two idiots (cuomo and diblasio) should have quarantined NYC a week ago (no lirr, no subway, no amtrak) no body goes in nobody goes out.

Eventually, when all this blows over and we return to our normal lives (soccer practices and games).....this whole lesson will change everything moving forward. Protocals will be promptly executed and shut downs will become normal....Maybe we are all lucky that this virus is not as bad (anyone ever see the movie OUTBREAK with Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman and Renee Russo, and Christopher Sutherland?)

Comment

But sure..go lick some handrails in Michigan and then kiss all the senior citizens in your life if you are so sure the danger is soon passed out there.
                        dumb idea - they are about to go into the thick of it.

Comment

dumb idea. Michigan is about to go into the thick of it.

Comment

NYC is a hot mess (according to my friend commuting to work today) the subways are still a total bio-hazard!!!! If diblasio had any balls or any common sense he would have shut down the subways, LIRR and Amtrak a week ago....hes a total Retard!!!!

Cuomo should have stepped on diblasios neck and gotten it done!!!!!!!

Cuomo looks great when the cameras are on him....but bottom line hes a weak leader.

Diblasio and Cuomo don't have the balls to make the tough right decisions.
                            Didn't help that there wasn't enough testing going on to see how quickly it was heating up.

Comment

Ummm..try reading the cdcs officials words again.

".... It would be surprising to me based on what I've seen about how this virus spreads if it were not going to increase in many other parts of the country," Schuchat said.

Correct. TUmm...try reading these words again:

Doesn't say NYC won't still have issues and (insert opinion here) still be worse than anyone else

Comment

Didn't help that there wasn't enough testing going on to see how quickly it was heating up.
                                Or they let it go for weeks before trying to shut things down.

First case March 1st; shutdown order (after pushing back on it) was issued on March 15th and went into affect on March 23rd. Think about how effective it would be if New York's City and State leaders acted back in early March?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X