X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Read this, then STFU:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
    Good write up!

IMHO-Chinese have created a fairly good bio-weapon with Corona. Just wait for the next one, they keep getting 'better'. Got this one to mutate quickly. Now if they can only combine the lethality of an Ebola like virus with Corona, they will have a very good weapon and will bring the world(or whomever they want) to their knees.

Comment

Good write up!

IMHO-Chinese have created a fairly good bio-weapon with Corona. Just wait for the next one, they keep getting 'better'. Got this one to mutate quickly. Now if they can only combine the lethality of an Ebola like virus with Corona, they will have a very good weapon and will bring the world(or whomever they want) to their knees.
      You left off the part where Q predicted all this and it's the first step towards martial law and mass arrests of Deep State conspirators.

Did you drink your bleach today?

Comment

All we can do is wait. Don't worry Mr. Trump will take care of everything.

Comment

You left off the part where Q predicted all this and it's the first step towards martial law and mass arrests of Deep State conspirators.

Dont follow Q, a lil off deep end for me.

Comment

This is probably to "Science-y" for someone wearing a tinfoil hat, but for those not infected by Alex Jones paranoia, it's a very good article on the current understanding of the origins of COVID-19 https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Comment

Not every cure that shows early promise survives clinical trials and is deemed safe for public use. I guess your QAnon sources forgot to tell you that.

Please provide a reference for your claim of a 100% cure rate.
              The amount of misinformation out there is staggering. They just don't know enough yet. Literally thousands of scientists around the world are working to find treatments and a vaccine, but it needs some time to verify efficacy and safety. One positive from all of this is there sharing of scientific information has been excellent. Then there's Trump who tried to get an exclusive deal with a German vaccine manufacturer....

Comment

Again for for the fool who believes everything he is told. Q never said anything about Corona....some people who like to try and decipher think/thought this lines up.

Do your own research.

Comment

Again for for the fool who believes everything he is told. Q never said anything about Corona....some people who like to try and decipher think/thought this lines up.

Do your own research.
                  That comment was directed at the author of #16 (you??) who claims COVID-16 is a Chinese conspiracy. What "research" do you suppose led to that conclusion?

Comment

I’m not poster 16, but China did do this. The virus started there. They did not allow anyone in to help and not until it was too late did they sound the alarm.

Comment

Not every cure that shows early promise survives clinical trials and is deemed safe for public use. I guess your QAnon sources forgot to tell you that.

Qanon?

What the fvck are you talking about? I provide the hard undeniable science behind why a malaria drug has been very effective in treating the virus in both South Korea and China and you think it some conspiracy bullsh1t?

My 100% cure rate was hyperbole, and I’m sorry for that. It was based on a very small sample size study of 40 patients. All of which recovered.

It’s been widely used in both China and South Korea with great, but not 100% perfect results. South Korea has used it extensively.

Btw...it was approved by Trump today for use against SARS-Cov-2.

Comment

I’m not poster 16, but China did do this. The virus started there. They did not allow anyone in to help and not until it was too late did they sound the alarm.
                        Not disputing that the virus originated there, but poster #16 claimed the Chinese created COVID-19 as a bio-weapon.

Comment

Btw...

This drug is obviously safe for public use as it has been used extensively for decades, but I’m sure you already knew that, right?

Not to say it doesn’t have potential side effects that are sometimes seen. Like most clinically approved drugs. Always need to weigh the benefits vs. potential negative outcomes.

Comment

Qanon?

What the fvck are you talking about? I provide the hard undeniable science behind why a malaria drug has been very effective in treating the virus in both South Korea and China and you think it some conspiracy bullsh1t?

My 100% cure rate was hyperbole, and I’m sorry for that. It was based on a very small sample size study of 40 patients. All of which recovered.

It’s been widely used in both China and South Korea with great, but not 100% perfect results. South Korea has used it extensively.

Sorry, I must have missed the "hard undeniable science" behind your claim. All I saw was a few lines of verbal diarrhea.

I'd like to believe it, but you never post links to back yourself up, which undermines any credibility you might have had.

Comment

You lied, Trump lied. What a surprise

Chloroquine is already approved to treat malaria, and Hahn said investigators are planning a “large, pragmatic clinical trial” to learn more. But, the commissioner cautioned, it’s always important to get the “right drug” to the “right patient” at the “right dosage” at the “right time.” The wrong dose could actually hurt a patient’s condition, he added.

While chloroquine isn't approved for patients with novel coronavirus infections, Trump may have been referencing an off-label use for the medicine. It wasn't immediately clear how the drug would become available imminently.

Aside from chloroquine, the president and FDA commissioner Hahn talked about efforts to test Gilead’s remdesivir, originally developed for Ebola. Trump said that drug is “very close to approved,” but Hahn declined to specify potential approval timelines

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...resses-caution

Comment

Sounds like Trump. We had an infection the same day that S. Korea did. S. Korea took steps to control it immediately. Trump, concerned about only the stock market and reelection, took no steps until it was too late. Not only did he NOT sound the alarm, he actively spread incorrect information about the spread of the virus. He got help, from Fox News and the banana republicans (while we now know that in private circumstances, they were sounding the alarm to wealthy donors).

So, I guess it is the fault of China, Trump and Fox news. The China-Trump Virus is what we should call it domestically.

Does Q approve?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X