Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The coaches who rely on coaching for daily living need that paycheck!
    Everyone needs a paycheck, so don’t expect refunds anywhere.

Comment

Everyone needs a paycheck, so don’t expect refunds anywhere.
      I agree.... though I do referee so we are not getting paid til soccer restarts. Hoping the games get made up - but that is usually done during the week!

Comment

Don’t you think the CLUBS should be at least addressing this at some point in the future ? You know it is on peoples minds.

Comment

Our club will pass on any saved expenses to our families. That includes league fees, tournament fees, facility fees. We will still have large expenses and will pay our coaches and full time staff.
          Which club is that ?

Comment

But why not club soccer? It should be the burden of running a club, should it not? Or should nobody get refunds on anything, so that people will still get paid.
            If a soccer parent lost their income, I am sure they can't afford to be paying for out of work soccer trainers. If you can afford to help out the trainers that is great but there is a lot of financial pain in store for both soccer coaches and soccer parents alike. It depends 9n the situation with each family

Comment

Which colleges have canceled their semester? Kids will still get credit for the courses if they do the work online. Room and board is another story. My kid's college is working out those details but I expect 30-50% refund on those items. I dont care who they have to pay .... at $70k+ per student per year, that is the burden of running the college .... not mine. I get that this is an emergency situation, but my kid has taken out loans to cover those things and she is not responsible for paying their full time staff if she is not on campus.
              Most colleges end their spring semester by Mid April. We are talking 5-6 weeks of boarding and meals. Please let me know what college will be providing a refund.

Comment

Most colleges end their spring semester by Mid April. We are talking 5-6 weeks of boarding and meals. Please let me know what college will be providing a refund.
                All of them will. Voluntarily or not.

Comment

Don’t you think the CLUBS should be at least addressing this at some point in the future ? You know it is on peoples minds.
                  Everyone, from schools to clubs to entertainment, are trying to sort these things out. My kid's college said we will get a partial refund on room and board but they won't have plans ironed out for at least a week or more.

Clubs will save on expenses like field rentals, refs, and coach travel + returned tournament fees. But coach salaries are largely fixed and hopefully they will still be paid. So if I were entitled to say 30% on a purely prorated basis but got back 20 -25% so the coaches are paid I'm totally ok with that. I think giving families a modest amount will go a long way to keeping some good will. Not doing anything won't do you any favors in the long run

Comment

Mine is. I was surprised but very happy to hear it. They haven' let us know how much yet.

Comment

Everyone, from schools to clubs to entertainment, are trying to sort these things out. My kid's college said we will get a partial refund on room and board but they won't have plans ironed out for at least a week or more.

Clubs will save on expenses like field rentals, refs, and coach travel + returned tournament fees. But coach salaries are largely fixed and hopefully they will still be paid. So if I were entitled to say 30% on a purely prorated basis but got back 20 -25% so the coaches are paid I'm totally ok with that. I think giving families a modest amount will go a long way to keeping some good will. Not doing anything won't do you any favors in the long run
                      Many of the parents that have paid for club soccer, are not getting paid now either. Perhaps, they could also use the money/refund right now.

Comment

Many of the parents that have paid for club soccer, are not getting paid now either. Perhaps, they could also use the money/refund right now.
                        The full amount, on a pro rated basis, should be refunded, but I'm good with being given a credit, for that amount, towards next yr. I'm sure many, that aren't working, could use that money now

Comment

Yes, because the parents who fork over 3 grand on soccer are all hourly employees

Comment

Yes, because the parents who fork over 3 grand on soccer are all hourly employees
                            You don’t know what each family has sacrificed. Some families have three kids in club and the parents are hourly. I know this for a fact. They work two jobs because they think the club will help their children. I do think the clubs should refund money for missed trainings, games and tournaments. We already had to shorten practices in the fall due to EEE. If they cannot afford to reimburse parents then they should extend the club season to July 1. If the club isn’t willing to offer something then parents need to start looking for new clubs.

Comment

My sons club shortened near enough every practice in the fall by 30 minutes at least as well as not holding the “skills” Friday night clinics which are included in tuition.

We were offered no credit or any refund, now with club being cancelled until at least next week I am not hopeful of being given any type of credit.

Although they were happy to take a tournament fee out of my account not too long ago. Crazy.

Comment

You don’t know what each family has sacrificed. Some families have three kids in club and the parents are hourly. I know this for a fact. They work two jobs because they think the club will help their children. I do think the clubs should refund money for missed trainings, games and tournaments. We already had to shorten practices in the fall due to EEE. If they cannot afford to reimburse parents then they should extend the club season to July 1. If the club isn’t willing to offer something then parents need to start looking for new clubs.
                                If you have 3 kids, you would be better off having them play town soccer! Save you money and put it towards college your ROI will be better as they are not getting a soccer scholarship

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X