Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund thread

Please post all clubs that are offering a partial refund for the spring season being wiped out. I’ll wait.

New England Surf provided refunds to all players & families who play for them :)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please post all clubs that are offering a partial refund for the spring season being wiped out. I’ll wait.
      Right? People are asking, if they’ll be reimbursed the 50 bucks for volunteer town soccer, yet same people don’t have the balls to ask for their club fees back.

Comment

Right? People are asking, if they’ll be reimbursed the 50 bucks for volunteer town soccer, yet same people don’t have the balls to ask for their club fees back.
        I am giving zero consideration for getting my club fees back. It's a crap situation, but this is something I couldn't imagine asking about.

Now, some travel was prepaid for events and those were cancelled. Would like to try to get those funds back if the clubs are getting theirs back as well.

Comment

A lot of airlines are letting you cancel with either a full refund or a credit to future travel for a year. Some you can even do right on line, but if you can't be prepared for very, very long wait times to get it done by phone (I've been on hold for 85 minutes for a flight I was supposed to take tomorrow). I still have another April trip to cancel but I'll do it next week when I have fortified my patience level.

Hotel cancellations shouldn't be an issue, even if booked through Anthony travel or other because the event was cancelled. I always book hotels that can be cancelled 24+ hours. It isn't worth saving $10 to get a nonrefundable rate.

My kids' university is going to give us some kind of meal plan and housing credit. I was very surprised to hear it but am very glad. They still have one more year so just apply it to next fall if it makes it easier for them. I'll take it in any form.

Comment

A lot of airlines are letting you cancel with either a full refund or a credit to future travel for a year. Some you can even do right on line, but if you can't be prepared for very, very long wait times to get it done by phone (I've been on hold for 85 minutes for a flight I was supposed to take tomorrow). I still have another April trip to cancel but I'll do it next week when I have fortified my patience level.

Hotel cancellations shouldn't be an issue, even if booked through Anthony travel or other because the event was cancelled. I always book hotels that can be cancelled 24+ hours. It isn't worth saving $10 to get a nonrefundable rate.

My kids' university is going to give us some kind of meal plan and housing credit. I was very surprised to hear it but am very glad. They still have one more year so just apply it to next fall if it makes it easier for them. I'll take it in any form.

I expect little to no money back from clubs
            forgot that last bit

Comment

I am giving zero consideration for getting my club fees back. It's a crap situation, but this is something I couldn't imagine asking about.

Now, some travel was prepaid for events and those were cancelled. Would like to try to get those funds back if the clubs are getting theirs back as well.
              What about things like the referees they are not paying, tournament fees , etc. if the clubs get that back, so should we.

Comment

It’s a tough situation all around.

Comment

Our club will pass on any saved expenses to our families. That includes league fees, tournament fees, facility fees. We will still have large expenses and will pay our coaches and full time staff.

Comment

I would love some sort of a refund or credit for next year but agree that coaches and full time staff should still be paid.

Comment

Our club will pass on any saved expenses to our families. That includes league fees, tournament fees, facility fees. We will still have large expenses and will pay our coaches and full time staff.
                      The coaches who rely on coaching for daily living need that paycheck!

Comment

Would you expect to be reimbursed for a cancelled trip: airfare, hotels, etc? Would you expect your college tuition to be reimbursed, when the semester is cancelled? Why is club soccer different?

Comment

Would you expect to be reimbursed for a cancelled trip: airfare, hotels, etc? Would you expect your college tuition to be reimbursed, when the semester is cancelled? Why is club soccer different?
                          Which colleges have canceled their semester? Kids will still get credit for the courses if they do the work online. Room and board is another story. My kid's college is working out those details but I expect 30-50% refund on those items. I dont care who they have to pay .... at $70k+ per student per year, that is the burden of running the college .... not mine. I get that this is an emergency situation, but my kid has taken out loans to cover those things and she is not responsible for paying their full time staff if she is not on campus.

Comment

Which colleges have canceled their semester? Kids will still get credit for the courses if they do the work online. Room and board is another story. My kid's college is working out those details but I expect 30-50% refund on those items. I dont care who they have to pay .... at $70k+ per student per year, that is the burden of running the college .... not mine. I get that this is an emergency situation, but my kid has taken out loans to cover those things and she is not responsible for paying their full time staff if she is not on campus.
                            But why not club soccer? It should be the burden of running a club, should it not? Or should nobody get refunds on anything, so that people will still get paid.

Comment

But why not club soccer? It should be the burden of running a club, should it not? Or should nobody get refunds on anything, so that people will still get paid.
                              Do as you wish. I am not going to pursue it. We lose likely more than a quarter of the season. Sucks.

If they offer, I will gladly accept.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X