Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So simple. Just play the games!! Screw it.
    Same with NCAA. Ivy league just cancelled their basketball tourney altogether (it's Ivy, so, ya know is i a loss?). Protect the fans and stadium workers, play to empty stadiums. It will be weird but the risk to players is pretty low give their age etc.

Comment

Same with NCAA. Ivy league just cancelled their basketball tourney altogether (it's Ivy, so, ya know is i a loss?). Protect the fans and stadium workers, play to empty stadiums. It will be weird but the risk to players is pretty low give their age etc.
      Bayern and Chelsea playing their UCL game in a closed stadium. La Liga games doing the same. Serie A is shut down.

I’m actually interested in watching the Bayern Chelsea game to see what it sounds like. Will be cool to actually hear the on field communication between the players. Or will they pipe in crowd noise to add to the production value?

Comment

I think all the sports should just be played without fans - it'll give people something to take their minds off all this, and as you said, the risk for the players is pretty low given the ages.

Comment

Bayern and Chelsea playing their UCL game in a closed stadium. La Liga games doing the same. Serie A is shut down.

I’m actually interested in watching the Bayern Chelsea game to see what it sounds like. Will be cool to actually hear the on field communication between the players. Or will they pipe in crowd noise to add to the production value?
          Agreed, very much looking forward to watching this game tomorrow. Will be interesting to hear the players.

Comment

So stupid. Poorly done too. Our basketball team found out on IG the AD didn't have time to even tell them. Team,is flled with seniors, poised to make a deep run. Feel so bad for all the athletes. Sign the petition!

Comment

So stupid. Poorly done too. Our basketball team found out on IG the AD didn't have time to even tell them. Team,is flled with seniors, poised to make a deep run. Feel so bad for all the athletes. Sign the petition!
              Ciac is made up of old liberals. They are politicians, not healthcare professionals. How is it ok to put teachers and students in close quarters for 8 hours a day, but it isn’t ok for kids to play a couple basketball games.

If it is so serious, then shut down schools, shut down mass transportation in ct.

Am I to believe that a couple clowns at ciac know better than everyone on this matter. This is a case of liberal main stream media creating a panic. More old people have died falling in the shower in the last week than from corona in the u.s. Should we shut off water so people don’t take showers and thus can’t fall?

How does ciac justify starting the spring season if you can’t play winter games. Because it is outside? Is there any scientific evidence suggesting being outside stops the spread of corona? Of course not.

I expected this from them. This is the same group of idiots who think letting boys who feel like girls run against them and steal their state titles. Make rules to protect two boys that feel like girls and screw over the thousands of real female athletes in the state. Case of monkey see, monkey do. They think they are following colleges, but they are not. Colleges are going to virtual classes and shutting down residences. That is different for public school kids who are going home to dorms. Ncaa has not cancelled d1 sports, neither have professional leagues. I guess ciac knows better though. Look, if a kid or family doesn’t feel comfortable, they have the right not to play. Don’t need ciac trying to play cdc.

Comment

All CIAC winter sports tournaments canceled

100% on point

Comment

- let playoffs proceed with no else in attendance than teams, refs and coaches, with the qualification that the school has to be open with no cases.

- schools that restrict students driving themselves should make it easier for them to drive to events (with no other passengers). Team buses needs to spread players out.

- No sharing of water bottles, equipment. No hand shakes, high 5s etc

- above applies to spring sports. Except for LAX spring sports aren't high contact sports. Kids are feeling the stress of all of this and they need outlets to burn off that stress and usual teenage energy. Cancel sports and many will substitute it for hanging out with friends which will also spread it just as easily

Comment

- let playoffs proceed with no else in attendance than teams, refs and coaches, with the qualification that the school has to be open with no cases.

- schools that restrict students driving themselves should make it easier for them to drive to events (with no other passengers). Team buses needs to spread players out.

- No sharing of water bottles, equipment. No hand shakes, high 5s etc

- above applies to spring sports. Except for LAX spring sports aren't high contact sports. Kids are feeling the stress of all of this and they need outlets to burn off that stress and usual teenage energy. Cancel sports and many will substitute it for hanging out with friends which will also spread it just as easily
                    I don’t disagree, but just for some perspective does anyone know how many Boys basketball games were still left to be played in the CIAC tournament? I’ll tell you: 101 games! That’s a lot of logistics to manage and a lot of contact.

Comment

I don’t disagree, but just for some perspective does anyone know how many Boys basketball games were still left to be played in the CIAC tournament? I’ll tell you: 101 games! That’s a lot of logistics to manage and a lot of contact.
                      Also, meant to add girls basketball and boys hockey bit still had 25 plus games to be played. Swimming and Diving still had several multi-day championship meets with hundreds of athletes that had qualified.

Comment

To my knowledge so far there are no HS aged cases. Obviously it has to be taken day by day, case by case. Yesterday there was already 30,000+ signatures on the petition. I hope they at least give it some time to make a call on spring sports

Comment

To my knowledge so far there are no HS aged cases. Obviously it has to be taken day by day, case by case. Yesterday there was already 30,000+ signatures on the petition. I hope they at least give it some time to make a call on spring sports
                          Completely agree. Just wanted to put the actual numbers out there for the remaining tournament games/events. I think there was some misperception that there were only a handful of games left for winter sports.

Comment

Many High School Officials are in the “ at risk “ group for contracting the virus.

Comment

Many High School Officials are in the “ at risk “ group for contracting the virus.
                              Call your own fouls...works in the hood

Comment

Call your own fouls...works in the hood
                                no blood no foul-puzzies

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X