Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC losing another top player?

I read on another soccer blog that BC was losing a “top” player via transfer. Any info who this could be. With OV graduating the only top player that comes to mind is JB who was out all last year with an injury or KD who was also injured. I have heard that the coach cut the stars Gk( but no one would consider her a top player). Would be interesting if coach is cleaning house or disgruntled players are jumping ship.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I read on another soccer blog that BC was losing a “top” player via transfer. Any info who this could be. With OV graduating the only top player that comes to mind is JB who was out all last year with an injury or KD who was also injured. I have heard that the coach cut the stars Gk( but no one would consider her a top player). Would be interesting if coach is cleaning house or disgruntled players are jumping ship.
    Cut??? Probably told her that playing time was not going to improve so she could start reaching out to other schools. Harsh but good to know so she finds another outlet.

Comment

I looked at another forum as well. Did not say top player. Just said BC kid would be in portal soon. Portal is not open to public view.
      Good luck to her. I hope she finds a good new place to call home.

Seems late (semester already started) so she looses soccer privileges, housing, meals (p5 covers meals). Must have really wanted out.

Comment

KD is in the transfer portal

Comment

They have top players ? When did they get those ,new arrivals?.

Comment

JB isn't leaving. GK is a possibility - GKs have to face the harsh reality that they may never see the field. I don't think separate stats exist for them but my hunch is the transfer and drop out rates for GKs is higher than for field players. there also could be another player who is playing a lot but doesn't like the program or school for whatever reason. it happens.

Comment

If you look at the stats on that keeper BC just won't work out and never has from day one. We all age differantly and that's a tough position. Stars GK program does well with picking the kids that are shaped for 8-10/11 grade. After that most females do not continue to develop and body goes through changes which impair the flex in that position. If you look at the moms or dads you should see some hints.

Screaming only gets you so far.

Comment

If you look at the stats on that keeper BC just won't work out and never has from day one. We all age differantly and that's a tough position. Stars GK program does well with picking the kids that are shaped for 8-10/11 grade. After that most females do not continue to develop and body goes through changes which impair the flex in that position. If you look at the moms or dads you should see some hints.

Hahaha. So look to the athletic build of the parents and siblings when recruiting.

Comment

Probably did not help that parents were trashing team when they were winning last year and their gk kid was on the bench. And was against prior coach.

Playing with a youth team and kids your age and your club vs players older and technically trained better than stars teammates, international nt's, is a whole different ballgame.

Stars does not get you ready for that. Many clubs don't.

Comment

Probably did not help that parents were trashing team when they were winning last year and their gk kid was on the bench. And was against prior coach.

Playing with a youth team and kids your age and your club vs players older and technically trained better than stars teammates, international nt's, is a whole different ballgame.

Stars does not get you ready for that. Many clubs don't.
                    Because Club soccer is set up to peak at recruiting. Once the bag is secured, Clubs move on to the next group of suckers. Its up to the player to prepare themselves to succeed in College. College is not easy. At a good school there is internal competition, class load etc that needs to be managed. Not everyone reacts well to that. If you are playing in the ACC, you are going to face elite talent at the top end. Team was winning? vs who? I dont think they beat anyone they were not supposed to and im pretty sure that either GK could have been in goal for those games.

Comment

Because Club soccer is set up to peak at recruiting. Once the bag is secured, Clubs move on to the next group of suckers. Its up to the player to prepare themselves to succeed in College. College is not easy. At a good school there is internal competition, class load etc that needs to be managed. Not everyone reacts well to that. If you are playing in the ACC, you are going to face elite talent at the top end. Team was winning? vs who? I dont think they beat anyone they were not supposed to and im pretty sure that either GK could have been in goal for those games.
                      In the 2018 season, they made it into ncaa's. That is the season being discussed. I was on sideline, parents of what was freshman gk was quite saucey. They were winning.

Comment

In the 2018 season, they made it into ncaa's. That is the season being discussed. I was on sideline, parents of what was freshman gk was quite saucey. They were winning.
                        The stars kid.

Comment

winning? did they not get bounced in the first round at home?

Comment

The program is dead last. It will never rebound to what it was. Will always end under 500 in the ACC.

Comment

where's ya ya?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X