Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Women's Soccer Coach Brendan Faherty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She left Iona well before taking the JB job, was coaching club somewhere. If there was more to the Iona story that would prevent her from getting another college job.
    Even worse

Comment

She just jumps everywhere. Surprised Rush and Barlow took her. Won’t be surprised if she jumps again in another year. If she jumps again, her soccer career is done. She’ll leave after 1-2 year at Barlow

Comment

Doesn’t SB coach the Barlow AD’s daughter at Rush? Also I’m sure the people at Iona just said SB “resigned” it’s real shady to say the least

Comment

Doesn’t SB coach the Barlow AD’s daughter at Rush? Also I’m sure the people at Iona just said SB “resigned” it’s real shady to say the least

Ok Karen

Comment

She left Iona well before taking the JB job, was coaching club somewhere. If there was more to the Iona story that would prevent her from getting another college job.
            If she had a good reason, she would have shared with her players....that says all I need to hear

“We accepted former women’s soccer head coach Sarah Brady’s resignation for personal reasons,” Athletic Director Matt Glovaski said via email.
            The Athletics department updated the website but did not make an announcement or put out a press release about Brady’s resignation.
            Brady was in the middle of her third season with Iona when she left the program. Brady, who was hired in December of 2015, posted a 5-28-5 record. Last season, she guided Iona to a win over Fairfield in the opening round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Championship tournament. It was the Gaels’ first postseason win since the turn of the century.
            Brady’s resignation caught players by surprise, as they didn’t expect to be without their head coach in the middle of the season.
            “It was a big shock,” senior forward Corinne Burns said. “Especially in my senior year, I didn’t expect to not have a coach. It honestly shocked the team and the MAAC. We got a lot of texts from friends and coaches, giving us the best of luck.”

Comment

If she had a good reason, she would have shared with her players....that says all I need to hear

“We accepted former women’s soccer head coach Sarah Brady’s resignation for personal reasons,” Athletic Director Matt Glovaski said via email.
              The Athletics department updated the website but did not make an announcement or put out a press release about Brady’s resignation.
              Brady was in the middle of her third season with Iona when she left the program. Brady, who was hired in December of 2015, posted a 5-28-5 record. Last season, she guided Iona to a win over Fairfield in the opening round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Championship tournament. It was the Gaels’ first postseason win since the turn of the century.
              Brady’s resignation caught players by surprise, as they didn’t expect to be without their head coach in the middle of the season.
              “It was a big shock,” senior forward Corinne Burns said. “Especially in my senior year, I didn’t expect to not have a coach. It honestly shocked the team and the MAAC. We got a lot of texts from friends and coaches, giving us the best of luck.”
              Official statements from schools are going to be very PC. Same with when you do background checks through official channels - Length of employment, salary, that's about it. You need to dig and get to inside info. Will a HS AD have personal contacts to be ale to get the scoop? Probably not.

Anyway, my niece plays there and likes her so far. Very different from NP - organized, good communication to and from the players - but she said they're weak on talent

Comment

Official statements from schools are going to be very PC. Same with when you do background checks through official channels - Length of employment, salary, that's about it. You need to dig and get to inside info. Will a HS AD have personal contacts to be ale to get the scoop? Probably not.

Anyway, my niece plays there and likes her so far. Very different from NP - organized, good communication to and from the players - but she said they're weak on talent
                Well, my daughter plays in college. When coaches resigns mid season without telling the players, that is rare. She has had assistants leave and after three years and bonds with players, the ones that leave on their own with no scandals still send messages of encouragement and follow some of the kids they recruited and coached. If they don’t address team, they do informally through captains or players.

How many people you know that are married and one spouse just leaves in the middle of the night and doesn’t tell the kids?

Comment

She also may have had her own reasons. Don't always assume the worst. Posters shouldn't post disparaging remarks when they have no idea what they're talking about. There's too many possible career ending but fact-less accusations on this anonymous board
                  every year this state sends at least 1 player to IONA- this kinda thing gets out
                  its not national news but it is news to people she recruited and prospective recruits.

Comment

every year this state sends at least 1 player to IONA- this kinda thing gets out
                    its not national news but it is news to people she recruited and prospective recruits.
                    ok so where's the leak? So far there's been nothing other than people questioning why she left, no actual reasons.

Comment

ok so where's the leak? So far there's been nothing other than people questioning why she left, no actual reasons.
                      if you dont know ,you wont know

and why should you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X