Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahaha. Huffington post. There's a rag.
    As i read in another site and 100% agree, it is not as reliable as a high school newspaper where sources are at least verified.
    Nice try moron. Do you trip or get someone to tie your shoelaces...a high level skill in the land of morons?
    It's been substantiated multiple times. Yes some were reabsorbed into another department but by and large the team was dissolved. Regardless I think we can all agree the response has been ABYSMAL. Trump and his circus cant organize their way out of a paper bag

"It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

Legum stated in a follow-up tweet that “Trump also cut funding for the CDC, forcing the CDC to cancel its efforts to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics in 39 of 49 countries in 2018. Among the countries abandoned? China.” That was partly true, according to 2018 news reports stating that funding for the CDC’s global disease outbreak prevention efforts had been reduced by 80%, including funding for the agency’s efforts in China".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

Comment

He didn't disband the department. He folded it into another department. Partially because it was unnecessary to have a separate department for this, but also because their 200 million grant that congress authorized ran out. If congress wanted to continue it as a separate department they would have needed to authorize those funds, which they chose not to do.

Besides, considering that their whole purpose of the department was to stop things like this, and they did absolutely nothing to that effect, it wasn't money well spent.
      So you've forgotten when Trump, in a national press briefing, admitted that he disbanded the department and bragged that "we know who the people are and we can get them back any time we want."

Comment

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...leted-n2565525

Thanks Sleepy Joe.

Comment

The PREDICT program was a five year program whose end date was 9/30/2019. Out of the 200 million dollars allocated by congress to the program, only 2 million dollars was left.

Congress did not authorize anymore funds at that time for the program so it had to be ended. And it was, with a good number of the people being absorbed into it's parent department.

Since all funding bills originate in the house, which is controlled by the Democrats, and they chose not to fund this program any further, why is this Trumps fault? Outside of a national emergency, of which there was none at the time, the President has zero authority to keep programs running that congress chose not to fund.

Comment

Massachusetts has tons of left wing racists. They are everywhere. Maybe you are so used to it you don’t even notice it or pick up on it anymore.
            truer words have never been written on this forum.

Comment

The PREDICT program was a five year program whose end date was 9/30/2019. Out of the 200 million dollars allocated by congress to the program, only 2 million dollars was left.

Congress did not authorize anymore funds at that time for the program so it had to be ended. And it was, with a good number of the people being absorbed into it's parent department.

Since all funding bills originate in the house, which is controlled by the Democrats, and they chose not to fund this program any further, why is this Trumps fault? Outside of a national emergency, of which there was none at the time, the President has zero authority to keep programs running that congress chose not to fund.
              Hmmm and what else was the House of Representatives doing in late September that likely prevented them from doing their job properly. An impeachment publicity stunt that they knew was never going to have any effect on anything.

Comment

truer words have never been written on this forum.
                There is no such thing as a left wing racist. Those two words are antonyms. I assume you meant Democrat racists, then you are correct. There are plenty of those. Most Americans are racist, so virtually all Republicans and most Democrats are racists.

Comment

There is no such thing as a left wing racist. Those two words are antonyms. I assume you meant Democrat racists, then you are correct. There are plenty of those. Most Americans are racist, so virtually all Republicans and most Democrats are racists.
                  I've seen plenty of anti-white screed by the left wing. That is straight up racism.

Comment

Most Americans are not racist. Go to parts of Southern Europe and you’ll see far more racism.

Comment

I've seen plenty of anti-white screed by the left wing. That is straight up racism.
                      That’s not racism you can’t be racist against white people it’s impossible.

Comment

That’s not racism you can’t be racist against white people it’s impossible.
                        Whatever gives you that crazy idea?

Comment

Whatever gives you that crazy idea?
                          White privilege

Comment

This. I love when the left spouts off crap like "You can't be racist when you're the minority". What the hell kind of logic is that. The actual definition is "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Belief of superiority does not preclude minority status, which by definition a group of people that differ in some way from the majority of the population, or any part of a whole that is smaller than the other parts.

The left fails in basic logic.

Comment

Most Americans are not racist. Go to parts of Southern Europe and you’ll see far more racism.
                              Most Americans are indeed racists. They don’t think they are racist, but they don’t understand what racism is about. The fact that there is more overt racism in other countries is not relevant to this discussion, but that for adding that anyway.

“ Social progressivism is another common feature of modern leftism, particularly in the United States, where social progressives played an important role in the abolition of slavery,[75] women's suffrage,[76] civil rights and multiculturalism. “

Again, true leftists can’t be racists. If one is racist, then s/he is not a leftist by definition. I would argue that there are very few leftists in this country. I am one, so I would know.

Comment

White privilege
                                What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X