Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Total screw up no question. Feds messed up. Will you stipulate that Governors messed up too?
    Sure, if you'll tell me what the NY, MA, WA, CA branches of the CDC were instructing those governors to do. Oh, there isn't a CDC for each individual state?

I will agree that some governors missed opportunities to be proactive and shut things down sooner. In the case of this pandemic, just a few days was enough to make a massive difference in total case counts.

In the future, I expect that more governors will be willing to shut everything down quickly and risk being called panicky (if nothing develops), vs. waiting too long and filling the morgues.

Comment

This is the sort of crazy logic that DJT's fans are using to somehow spin this disaster in his favor. Apparently, the 50 governors are supposed to be maintaining their own pandemic task forces that monitor potential outbreaks and develop their own unique preparedness plans. That means Rhode Island, Delaware, Idaho and Montana too. And then, if one state is well prepared but its next door neighbor is not, the pandemic will magically not cross state lines and create chaos in any neighboring states.

It's a federal responsibility to prepare for and monitor infectious disease, and to develop and apply resources as necessary. It appears that we have been underprepared for many years, but only DJT cut resources and decided to ignore the threat and hold rallies while the crisis grew. It's not his fault that he lacks the intellect to understand the science and the numbers that foretold the disaster; it's our fault for choosing him.
      Jared: The national stockpile isn't for the states.

Remember that one in November.

Comment

Sure, if you'll tell me what the NY, MA, WA, CA branches of the CDC were instructing those governors to do. Oh, there isn't a CDC for each individual state?

I will agree that some governors missed opportunities to be proactive and shut things down sooner. In the case of this pandemic, just a few days was enough to make a massive difference in total case counts.

In the future, I expect that more governors will be willing to shut everything down quickly and risk being called panicky (if nothing develops), vs. waiting too long and filling the morgues.
        Didn't help that Trump downplayed this for weeks and resisted calls by public health officials to recommend a national shutdown. The results now is this will be rolling in waves across the country for many more weeks than it needed to.

Glad we're buffered by states that were proactive and early, but that doesn't eliminate the very real possibility it ramps back up here later on.

Comment

Probably wishful thinking, considering that numerous Govs are still holding out, and some have done absurd things like left their beaches open.

Comment

Here's another conundrum with the Fed vs state response - testing. Everyone should be using the same testing standards for consistently and reliability. But states couldn't test without the federally approved test and the actual kits themselves. They chose the wrong test to, use, the first one failed, the millions of promised tests still aren't out there (we've only tested 1.3 M people, yet 4 weeks ago Pence said there would be 4M tests by the end of that week. Yes they cut red tape for processing so local labs could process instead of having to send them away (another mess they created during the early days) but without the tests it still doesn't matter. We lost too much valuable time while it was going untested for weeks. Doctors, especially pediatricians and GP's, were seeing covid symptoms starting early February, but patients would test flu negative. Certainly many suspected Covid but they had no way to know for sure. The lawyer that started the New Rochelle super cell late February thought he had the flu, went to temple, a party, rode the train to the city, went to work....

Comment

Probably wishful thinking, considering that numerous Govs are still holding out, and some have done absurd things like left their beaches open.
              of are allowing church services

Comment

So we agree that all leaders Fed, State, and Private Biz will be willing to shut down more quickly in the future.

You make a really good point about the CDC not having an state branches. That's a huge gap. Should we stand up a CDC in each state or tell the governors about their web site - https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/archives.html

Comment

And another ..https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...leted-n2565525

All quoting Bloomberg news. Thanks sleepy Joe.
                  Yep.
                  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...leted-n2565525

Comment

Learn how the country works. You realize even right turn on a red light isn't a nationally recognized rule on the road. Each state has their own.

Comment

All other presidents: The Buck Stops Here
                      Remember Bengazi.

Comment

His point was that the states are supposed to be the primary responders in emergencies. The Feds only exist in a support/backup role that helps when it can, as needed, usually helping out only a handful of states at a time. It doesn't have the resources to supply every state with everything they might need at any time.

Comment

Remember Bengazi.

You mean all of those republican-led investigations and committee heaarings that cost the tax payers millions and absolved Hillary and the Obama administration? I do. I expect the same investigations and then some of Trump's response to the pandemic. I'm sure you idol worshipers are looking forward to it as well.

Comment

of are allowing church services
                            Well there is a separation of church and state under both US and State Constitutions...two separate docs that both cover this one. This is not only Holy week, but Passover.

Comment

You mean all of those republican-led investigations and committee heaarings that cost the tax payers millions and absolved Hillary and the Obama administration? I do. I expect the same investigations and then some of Trump's response to the pandemic. I'm sure you idol worshipers are looking forward to it as well.
                              Are you truly trying to compare money wasted on witch hunts? The Dums win hands down.
                              Enjoy your Koolaide.

Comment

Trump was/is unqualified to be president, period. Yelling drain the swamp, drain the swamp isn’t going to change the fact that he has zero experience or knowledge to deal with this crisis. It doesn’t matter what his supporters say, this has been a complete disaster.

We have handled the pandemic worse than any other country so far. Maybe Japan will come in a close second. It doesn’t matter if you are the most powerful country in the world when you don’t have the leaders in office capable of getting us through this.

He used poor judgment, and even if other presidents wouldn’t have prepared for the pandemic, I truly believe not one of our former presidents would have failed this bad. You can’t have an ego so big that you can’t reach out to other countries for help or advice.

Let’s ALL be honest and go back in time, Trump supporter or not, we were all pretty flippant about the virus because he was being so dismissive about it, and it wasn’t until the NBA cancelled the first game that we were all like whoa. What’s going on. The NBA had to send the first warning, not our president, the NBA. The NBA was our wake-up call, and they made the tough decision that day. It cost them millions, but they did the right thing, and used better judgment than Trump.

That’s how inept our leadership has been. While he does bring some unique qualities to the White House by being a businessman, when you look at the big picture, he is way in over his head and it has cost us a lot of lives. Obama came in as a junior senator from Illinois, but he made sure to surround himself with people that would give him sound advice. Where he lacked experience, he put in a person with experience, where he lacked military experience, he consulted with the top military personnel. He wasn’t arrogant enough to just keep his circle to butt kissers.

This pandemic requires Trump to reach out to the brightest minds in their respective field, and what does he do? He puts his son-in-law, Jared, in charge. How can ANYONE at this point think he’s doing a good job. Step back, look at the data coming in from other countries. Remember when Italy was the example of a clusterf*ck, well, it’s us now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X