Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's my problem too. About half the people hadn't paid yet when all the problems started. So do we keep some of the money from those who paid to cover costs and get complaints that they didn't get a full refund while others didn't pay at all or do we give full refunds and eat the loss for the sake of keeping everyone happy and hoping that they all come back next year. We don't have any staff paid directly by the club so it's not a huge amount of money we would lose at the club level, just league fees and player pass costs, but it would still be a decent hit against our cash reserves.
    pretty easy really and you all deserve to make a profit, but really if you can't figure out how to extrapolate the refund number, even with your delinquent payers, then you don't deserve to move forward in the business.

But again, as another poster said, you soccer club owners aren't very smart are you? I mean you only have to look at the sidekicks you have chosen to be the voice of your club. These might be the only people more dumb than the owners. At least at our club

Comment

pretty easy really and you all deserve to make a profit, but really if you can't figure out how to extrapolate the refund number, even with your delinquent payers, then you don't deserve to move forward in the business.

But again, as another poster said, you soccer club owners aren't very smart are you? I mean you only have to look at the sidekicks you have chosen to be the voice of your club. These might be the only people more dumb than the owners. At least at our club
      Coming up with the refund number is easy. Dealing with the reaction from people who realized that they still ended up paying some while others paid nothing is the issue.

Comment

Interesting topic. Question. Do you expect your boss to pay you even though you aren’t working? Working at home isn’t working so let’s start with that. If so, then you can appreciate coaches wanting to get paid. To go a little further, if a company can’t pay you and lays you and others off, that creates a spin effect and eventually a depression. This is the long way of saying that I don’t think it’s realistic to expect the clubs to keep everyone employed and offer refunds. Not to mention at the small clubs, the owners need to make a livable wage as well and no small business loan will cover that.

On my end, I’m ok with not getting a refund as long as it is made up once we are back out there. Whether it be extra sessions, showcases, camps, clinics. Whatever. Things that show an effort. Now my kid has a few years left so it might be different for a kid who is a senior.

Comment

Small club owner here so I know it is different, but don’t forget that some families haven’t paid yet. We have a bunch of money not yet collected. I’m guessing it won’t be collected either. So if I give partial refunds and get stiffed by parents that haven’t paid, I will be out of business. Plus my coaches are mostly paycheck to paycheck without other jobs. I’m trying to pay them as well. I’ll apply for one of those loans to hopefully help on that front. I can imagine numbers are much larger at the bigger clubs in terms of who has paid and who hasn’t. Also some expenses are fixed. Tournaments not giving refunds. Are clubs supposed to pay for tournaments, cover parents that haven’t paid and pay their coaches too?

Just another perspective.
          So if the season is canceled, and you don’t refund the players who have paid how will that effect you moving forward? If I paid in full, season does not happen, you don’t refund, and players who still owe you don’t pay, why would I ever pay you in the future? You set precedents here. Now everyone will demand a pay as you go system where you may only get people to pay monthly for what they receive so they never get into this situation again. That will have a huge impact on your cash flow. You may not have funds to register for tournaments or pay for fields or coaches.

Comment

So if the season is canceled, and you don’t refund the players who have paid how will that effect you moving forward? If I paid in full, season does not happen, you don’t refund, and players who still owe you don’t pay, why would I ever pay you in the future? You set precedents here. Now everyone will demand a pay as you go system where you may only get people to pay monthly for what they receive so they never get into this situation again. That will have a huge impact on your cash flow. You may not have funds to register for tournaments or pay for fields or coaches.
            Don’t forget though, any refunds given will be for the missed time period only. Based on expenses. Winter costs far more to rent places than fall/spring and everyone made it through the fall and winter (younger teams). I would expect refunds/credits whatever you want to call them to be small. As for monthly, some clubs do that now I think. But I think it would need to be more in some months than others based on expenses.

Comment

No refunds, due to “act of god “clause .Ready checkbooks for next season.

Comment

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
                I will not get taken a second time.
                Clubs take notice
                This will be the stance by many parents

Comment

Clubs take notice
                  And if all clubs take the same stance?

Comment

And if all clubs take the same stance?
                    I suspect most are too dumb to realize they should already be proactive and get out in front of it

Comment

Clubs take notice
                      oooh you are scarying me, see ya.

Comment

oooh you are scarying me, see ya.
                        Yup, they are pretty dumb. Or maybe a not so smart underling.

Comment

Parents pay for practices and games, the fact CFC thinks online training can supplement it and parents go for it tells you enough about the program.

There should be a credit towards next year or full refund of Spring should parents have hardships or just decide to let this virus thing pass.

A honorable club would do that.

Comment

Parents pay for practices and games, the fact CFC thinks online training can supplement it and parents go for it tells you enough about the program.

There should be a credit towards next year or full refund of Spring should parents have hardships or just decide to let this virus thing pass.

A honorable club would do that.
                            One hundred percent

Comment

Have clubs around the country started to make decisions yet? I highly doubt it it’s early April. Let’s wait to pass judgement on what clubs will do until they do it. I’ve seen what FSA is sending out and it’s a joke and they aren’t paying their coaches either. Complain about CFC all you want but my kid has enjoyed the material they have sent out and we are GK’s they have been loyal to their coaches.

Comment

How could any club pay their coaches and give refunds ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X