X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Explain high level then?
    Teaching them the position not just kicking training balls.

Comment

Not always. I have seen some in college with bad habits and not very good soccer iq. Not every college coach understands the gk position. As someone posted, it is much more than staying put and punting the ball.

A good gk will tell the line how to play the player and the ball. It was either Howard or Solo or DiCicco who said the best stop a gk can make is the one they never have to make.
      Not everyone in gk position has the soccer iq to be able to do this and do it effectively. I hear some announcers say...# hit the ball right to the gk. Sometimes that is true with a uncreative striker, a good gk makes it look that way. They position their line to not have to make saves.
      Many times, when gk save stats are high, it means back line and midfield were getting their butt kicked.

Comment

Scorpions GK Training is legit.

Comment

The quality coaching at Stars for goalies boys or girls is excellent. They have dedicated goalie coaches who have worked with kids at all levels. (You must be in the Lancaster region for nep teams otherwise you may not train with the goalies) . My son has been in the stars program for two years. His growth has been incredible. They are training kids to learn the position in both technical and mental aspects. He is on a lower team but is still afforded the same training as the ecnl players. On average practices will have 3-5 kids. Tons of one on one training. I strongly recommend visiting some practices of any club you are considering as well. Good luck.

Comment

Teaching them the position not just kicking training balls.
            Well I suggest you attend some session!

Comment

The quality coaching at Stars for goalies boys or girls is excellent. They have dedicated goalie coaches who have worked with kids at all levels. (You must be in the Lancaster region for nep teams otherwise you may not train with the goalies) . My son has been in the stars program for two years. His growth has been incredible. They are training kids to learn the position in both technical and mental aspects. He is on a lower team but is still afforded the same training as the ecnl players. On average practices will have 3-5 kids. Tons of one on one training. I strongly recommend visiting some practices of any club you are considering as well. Good luck.
              Stars have no 2020 boys committed as goalkeepers.

Comment

Stars have no 2020 boys committed as goalkeepers.
                Sounds right.

Comment

Sounds right.
                  Do you think the training is different for boys and girls? I would say the boys program is better due to the lower number of teams. They by far have the most college commitments of any program in the state for goalies. The challenge they have on the boys side is the quality of teams not the goalie training.

Comment

Do you think the training is different for boys and girls? I would say the boys program is better due to the lower number of teams. They by far have the most college commitments of any program in the state for goalies. The challenge they have on the boys side is the quality of teams not the goalie training.
                    Goalkeeper is a pretty individual position. If the training was so good it should produce quality goalkeepers. If it produced quality goalkeepers it might make a difference to a sub-par team. Additionally, keepers on sub-par teams should get a lot of action, therefore sharpening their skills through many additional opportunities to make plays. Coaches find good goalkeepers. You can be on a marginal team and be recruited.

Comment

Goalkeeper is a pretty individual position. If the training was so good it should produce quality goalkeepers. If it produced quality goalkeepers it might make a difference to a sub-par team. Additionally, keepers on sub-par teams should get a lot of action, therefore sharpening their skills through many additional opportunities to make plays. Coaches find good goalkeepers. You can be on a marginal team and be recruited.
                      Correct they can show their athletism but if you get fed a heavy dose of marginal teammates things will still get by and they risk injury.

Marginal teammates are just in the way or assisting the other team by directly passing to them in front of the net.

I have watched gk's make spectacular diving stops only to have their teammates look at them instead of following the play and clearing the ball. Guess what? Ball gets poked in anyway.

Other risk is the marginal teams are not getting the better coaches to watch.

Comment

Other risk is the marginal teams are not getting the better coaches to watch.
                        Certainly news of the quality GK training at FC Stars has traveled far and wide. I'd expect coaches would flock to watch their keepers play.

Comment

Certainly news of the quality GK training at FC Stars has traveled far and wide. I'd expect coaches would flock to watch their keepers play.
                          "You'd expect?"

Comment

"You'd expect?"
                            This is a site owned by a Stars coach. It is a self serving post. Getting them recruited and seeing the field are much different. I would hard pass on Stars. Actually not a fan on their lack of overall development for most players.
                            But the owner of the website will disagree no doubt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X