Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And still no word from our town.... however other clubs and towns are starting up.
    This is why our town soccer never comes out on top. The parents would rather drink beer and sleep on the beach.
    Sounds like you're in my town. The coaches want to drink beer and sit on the beach, too. I don't mean that in a negative way, being one of the coaches myself. :)

Seriously though, I'll probably be getting my kids together in a ad hoc way, but without any games, there's not a lot of appetite to just do drills. The kids I have who play for clubs have been doing zoom practices for months and are burned out on tech work.

Comment

Sounds like you're in my town. The coaches want to drink beer and sit on the beach, too. I don't mean that in a negative way, being one of the coaches myself. :)

Seriously though, I'll probably be getting my kids together in a ad hoc way, but without any games, there's not a lot of appetite to just do drills. The kids I have who play for clubs have been doing zoom practices for months and are burned out on tech work.
      Don't forget Town Association use field controlled by the city/town .Example, In Pawtucket you have to pull a permit from the Parks and Rec to use the Complex.
      Without a field you can't practice , run league etc.

Comment

I’ll be drinking beer with another soccer dad while my kids team “practices” in our backyard, be creative. Our summer will be filled with BBQ, beer, soccer scrimmages in our back yard jumping in the pool. Entire team always invited as we are all friends.

Comment

I’ll be drinking beer with another soccer dad while my kids team “practices” in our backyard, be creative. Our summer will be filled with BBQ, beer, soccer scrimmages in our back yard jumping in the pool. Entire team always invited as we are all friends.
          Here's a coach who understands what town soccer is about. Reading many of the ridiculous posts on the TS RI board it is clear that so few do.

Hey coach since you are being creative, if you don't already have one, check out the soccer tennis nets. They're pretty cheap and work good for small area backyard games. Teaches them how to control the ball in the air and are lots of fun. You could even set it up for free with a rope tied between two lawn chairs.

Comment

Don't forget Town Association use field controlled by the city/town .Example, In Pawtucket you have to pull a permit from the Parks and Rec to use the Complex.
            Without a field you can't practice , run league etc.
            Not always - Ocean State owns their own complex for example.

Comment

Pull the darn permits. It’s not like you’ve got anything else to do.

Comment

I do volunteer. I’m just not the president so I have no voice nor do my friends who also volunteer.
                That's great (not meant sarcastically). If you are a volunteer then they should be willing to talk to you if you reach out to the board. They are probably working through the details. Some constructive nudging probably couldn't hurt.

Comment

I’m pretty sure after we’ve seen thousands all over our state protest not wearing masks, shouting, walking shoulder to shoulder, with our Governor not wearing a mask... soccer games never mind practices can restart immediately. Can’t gather in groups of thousands and then say no to soccer games. Game on!

Comment

Awesome Cumberland and Bayside!

A post From Reopen Sports

Proud to say that Cumberland soccer is back on the fields for summer workouts as of this past Monday...~14 Bayside FC RI Strikers CSP United teams on different nights and different fields. Adhering to all guidelines, sporting our supplied CSP United gaiters for all kids and coaches, and thanks to our Parks & Rec team and Mayor for working with us (and our Mayor again for visiting us on the first night).
                    Good luck to all and stay safe.

Nice!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like most towns and all clubs are back on the field or resuming practices this week. Scrimmaging, practicing, and getting exercise in the fresh air. Good news for our kids. Schools are opening Aug 31. Next step to help the high school and middle school coaches get their teams on the fields. Many schools have their phys Ed teachers coaching and phys Ed is on the chopping block as possible cuts for the fall in MA and RI. Talk to your schools and support phys Ed and school sports.

Comment

Looks like most towns and all clubs are back on the field or resuming practices this week. Scrimmaging, practicing, and getting exercise in the fresh air. Good news for our kids. Schools are opening Aug 31. Next step to help the high school and middle school coaches get their teams on the fields. Many schools have their phys Ed teachers coaching and phys Ed is on the chopping block as possible cuts for the fall in MA and RI. Talk to your schools and support phys Ed and school sports.
                        PE is still a mandatory 4 year HS requirement; it's all union rules -- like school nurses can't be just "nurses" - they have to be "nurse-teachers" even if they don't teach! Hell, high schools, unless they are a charter and most of those don't have sports or live in D3 cellar for soccer, can't even get a waiver for varsity athletes to get out of PE...cut PE teachers, right.

Kids in soccer who can run for 80 minutes still have to show up 2x week to goof around and play foursquare...

Keep your eye on football; soccer is an after thought at RIIL - football drives the fall so if they figure out football, all will be good with soccer..

Comment

Happy to hear the governor will be addressing youth sports next week and later she will address high school sports. It is looking good for sports in RI. Phase 3 has much more flexibility across the board. Larger events indoors (75)and out (100), increases u=numbers in daycares up to 20, sports should be more relaxed soon too. I will be happy to see kids playing scrimmages, then games in July and tournaments by August.

Comment

Only no-contact and low-contact team vs. team competition for phase 3. Baseball, softball, tennis, swimming and golf okay. She went on to say she was "discouraging" basketball, football, soccer. So *** does that mean, Gina? Is competition "discouraged" in those other sports, or is it forbidden?

Comment

Only no-contact and low-contact team vs. team competition for phase 3. Baseball, softball, tennis, swimming and golf okay. She went on to say she was "discouraging" basketball, football, soccer. So *** does that mean, Gina? Is competition "discouraged" in those other sports, or is it forbidden?
                              Your problem is you are looking for consistency from her on anything other than promoting her reputation and image. I mean, reopen schools fully but..have 70 year old bus drivers and monitors with Zero health training screen kids. Chide everyone for their masks but it's okay for a photo op being the hero of the protest crowd - and then just do a "my bad" -- you know, my bad my kids and their friends organized a pick up game of soccer it was a protest ya' know.

Comment

basically we can play soccer scrimmages and practices in RI but still no games until phase 4.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X