Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College playoffs 2020

I heard a rumor that some conferences are going from an 8 team playoff to a 4 team playoff due to budget cuts.
    Anyone else hear that?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard a rumor that some conferences are going from an 8 team playoff to a 4 team playoff due to budget cuts.
    Anyone else hear that?
    Dude no one here knows a thing about college soccer they only think they are college bound...I mean their kids are college bound. These poster quickly have sour grapes and trash anything their kids can’t. I mean choose not to do.
    Lol

Comment

Anyone else hear that?
      Unlike what the other poster said, my kid is going to play college soccer in the Fall if there is a season. What conference/division did you hear that about? I hadn't heard anything...

Comment

Unlike what the other poster said, my kid is going to play college soccer in the Fall if there is a season. What conference/division did you hear that about? I hadn't heard anything...
        LOL, Yeah “I heard a rumor“ from someone means absolutely 0. Unless it stated by the NCAA or a specific conference then that is just a rumor. I would think those decisions will be made by the end of June. The Fall season is all about football and then everything else will follow based on that decision.

Comment

LOL, Yeah “I heard a rumor“ from someone means absolutely 0. Unless it stated by the NCAA or a specific conference then that is just a rumor. I would think those decisions will be made by the end of June. The Fall season is all about football and then everything else will follow based on that decision.
          Here’s one for ya pal MAC cancels all sports playoffs for next athletic year in an effort to control costs for their conference members.

Comment

Here’s one for ya pal MAC cancels all sports playoffs for next athletic year in an effort to control costs for their conference members.
            If that is true, what happens to all the soccer scholarships??

Comment

I feel like that's a financial decision they were already looking towards and Covid gave them the reason. Pretty weak conference to begin with, cancelling post-season for the next 4 years according to SI article I read.

Comment

I feel like that's a financial decision they were already looking towards and Covid gave them the reason. Pretty weak conference to begin with, cancelling post-season for the next 4 years according to SI article I read.
                Really every conference is a weak one except the one my kid will play in.

Comment

But wait it’s not the end of June. How could they make that decision now? Didn’t they see that genius’ post?
                  Lol

Comment

Really every conference is a weak one except the one my kid will play in.
                    Yeah but come on, can you name one school in MAC (other than Buffalo) without looking it up? And I can only name Buffalo because they reached out to my kid's coach with interest in her and we looked them up, but I figure those familiar with SUNY might know that they play MAC.

Comment

Yeah but come on, can you name one school in MAC (other than Buffalo) without looking it up? And I can only name Buffalo because they reached out to my kid's coach with interest in her and we looked them up, but I figure those familiar with SUNY might know that they play MAC.
                      I can’t name one other team in my kids conference and she just graduated. You come to a point where you forget all that and focus on supporting your team/child.

Comment

There's a million different scenarios in the works now, but schools haven't all decided on reopening yet. If some schools in a conference open but not all,
                        what does that season look like? Some schools could even decide to open but not run teams because they don't want athletes traveling and bringing it back to campus.

In other words, we'll know when we know

Comment

There's a million different scenarios in the works now, but schools haven't all decided on reopening yet. If some schools in a conference open but not all,
                          what does that season look like? Some schools could even decide to open but not run teams because they don't want athletes traveling and bringing it back to campus.

In other words, we'll know when we know
                          Exactly, that is the worry, student travel, 1 student can infect an entire dorm, things its crazy time on campus, I think fall sports are not happening...

Comment

Exactly, that is the worry, student travel, 1 student can infect an entire dorm, things its crazy time on campus, I think fall sports are not happening...
                            You think, me think, we all think but at the end of the day we do not make the ultimate decision about what schools decide. All you can do under the circumstances that you just mentioned if you or your daughter feels uncomfortable about attending college in the fall where you will be having students from all across the country attending then you can have your child stay home and take classes online till they have a proven vaccine. Me think there will be Fall sports.

Comment

You think, me think, we all think but at the end of the day we do not make the ultimate decision about what schools decide. All you can do under the circumstances that you just mentioned if you or your daughter feels uncomfortable about attending college in the fall where you will be having students from all across the country attending then you can have your child stay home and take classes online till they have a proven vaccine. Me think there will be Fall sports.
                              you think too much, no fall or winter sports, need to vaccinate the peoples.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X