Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reign: Rexit or Remainer?

Curious after the GAL announcement. How many are left? Are there enough for teams?

Kudos on the great title to this post.

I think most players have left the Reign. They jumped to other ECNL clubs, and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Kudos on the great title to this post.

I think most players have left the Reign. They jumped to other ECNL clubs, and I don't blame them.
      Not sure about most. Varies by age group. Quite a few players, including a number of ECNL/DA level players who could have gone elsewhere if liked where they were and they cared more about the league than what they felt about the coaching and training at their club or weren’t confident in the club’s ability to come up with a plan that would work for them, chose to stay. Others left for various reasons. There was obviously some uncertainty as to where Reign would land, and some clubs/coaches/families put a lot of effort into recruiting away as many Reign kids as they could. And I’m sure the new ECNL teams will be good fits for a lot of kids who moved. Good for them.

They’ll be fine— they have a coaching slate that contemplates both a and b teams in most age groups. They’ll have some open roster spots and I’m sure will fill spots as needed over the course of the summer. Anyone who “blames” other families’ kids for where they choose to play youth soccer or is “embarrassed” by youth soccer teams or is willing to call other families’ kids who they don’t even know or know anything about “delusional” for the choices they make, as some have said recently on this board, needs to revisit their approach to life. Plenty of good options around. Check them out in person and make the decision that’s best for you rather than relying on the musings of anyone on this message board.

Comment

It would be helpful if people could post which remaining age groups at Reign kept most their team intact or had an exodus. This would help undecided parents who haven’t paid their registration yet to consider Reign.

Comment

It would be helpful if people could post which remaining age groups at Reign kept most their team intact or had an exodus. This would help undecided parents who haven’t paid their registration yet to consider Reign.
          They arent turning anyone away. You have a chance. They already had trouble filling up teams and borrowed younger players to play up all the time. If any team lost more than a couple, they could use players.

Comment

Most of their 03 group left.

Comment

Bring up the PSPL 03s....10K again this year or did they know off a grand?

Comment

Anyone wanting to consider Reign can send in the inquiry form on their web site. It’s free. Or talk to Amy or the coach for the relevant age group. Emails are on their web site.

They’ve said they plan to post initial rosters next week.

Clearly a number of players left for ECNL in the relevant age groups (02-06), but there are also a number of former DA players in each of the age groups who have chosen to stay (I wouldn’t trust anyone who anonymously claims they can give you a reliable count for all the age groups), and there also seem to be a number of people joining from other clubs based on the chatter I’ve heard. Not sure if very many at all left from the former 03-06 reserve groups, and it seems they are planning for two teams in most age groups. Reign has always had kids play up an age or two when it makes sense, so some of the teams ultimately will likely have a mix of ages and there will likely be more movement between ages for training and games than at most clubs (parents on the sidelines won’t always agree on whether movement was for development or because of low roster counts, and there was surely some of both at various times).

For the younger age groups, (10-07) I’m not sure what if any departures they would have had and there are also likely a number of incoming players. The 10 team is new, and the other teams would be PSPL with the possible exception of 07 (not sure if there is GA for that age).

Comment

Agree - great thread title! Can confirm at least 6-7 of the 05 players have joined ECNL rosters. Considering there were only fourteen players left in March - that team is wide open.

Comment

Anyone wanting to consider Reign can send in the inquiry form on their web site. It’s free. Or talk to Amy or the coach for the relevant age group. Emails are on their web site.

They’ve said they plan to post initial rosters next week.

Clearly a number of players left for ECNL in the relevant age groups (02-06), but there are also a number of former DA players in each of the age groups who have chosen to stay (I wouldn’t trust anyone who anonymously claims they can give you a reliable count for all the age groups), and there also seem to be a number of people joining from other clubs based on the chatter I’ve heard. Not sure if very many at all left from the former 03-06 reserve groups, and it seems they are planning for two teams in most age groups. Reign has always had kids play up an age or two when it makes sense, so some of the teams ultimately will likely have a mix of ages and there will likely be more movement between ages for training and games than at most clubs (parents on the sidelines won’t always agree on whether movement was for development or because of low roster counts, and there was surely some of both at various times).

For the younger age groups, (10-07) I’m not sure what if any departures they would have had and there are also likely a number of incoming players. The 10 team is new, and the other teams would be PSPL with the possible exception of 07 (not sure if there is GA for that age).
                    No way they will put up a Roster. There really is no reason to. You wont see any ECNL rosters on any club websites until January. What you may see is, 03 looking to add one 1 player (even know they may need 7)

Comment

No way they will put up a Roster. There really is no reason to. You wont see any ECNL rosters on any club websites until January. What you may see is, 03 looking to add one 1 player (even know they may need 7)
                      Meant put up on TeamSnap, like every club, not published.

Comment

Meant put up on TeamSnap, like every club, not published.
                        okay....post it when you get it. I will predict how well you all will do this year.

Comment

okay....post it when you get it. I will predict how well you all will do this year.
                          No one who should be out and about it public is going to post a list of 12-17 year old girls on an anonymous message board and invite discussion on “how they will do this year.” Get a life.

Comment

Where will this team be training for the 20-21 season?

Comment

No, my dude. No. Like the other person said, these are kids, not pros.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X