Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Tryout: ECNL Feedback?

So now it appears that all clubs have completed their virtual tryouts and the dust has settled somewhat with Reign and Sound: Were there the big roster shake ups that everyone predicted? Bloated numbers?

Or did everyone just hold their water until January?

This is just a curious mind, folks! My DD is U-12, but plays on top team at a club with ECNL, so I know we will probably be dealing with some of this with next year!

TIA!

Sound did not lose too many players at older age groups. Unsure about younger age groups. From what I know, Seattle United basically offered everyone on their girls teams a spot on COPA, so I don't know how bloated those roster sizes will be.

Comment

My kid’s ECNL roster is at 18. Three quality players picked up: 2 Reign and 1 Sound (who had actually been practicing with the team pre-Corona as a DP).

Two players were moved to “A” team, which may have been the best for their development as they were spending too much time on the bench. We lost one player to chronic injury ☹️

Overall the team was improved without completely blowing up. We’ll see how it all comes together —-hopefully later this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Sound did not lose too many players at older age groups. Unsure about younger age groups. From what I know, Seattle United basically offered everyone on their girls teams a spot on COPA, so I don't know how bloated those roster sizes will be.
        To be sure I follow, are you saying SU offered most of its returning players a Copa spot, or they offered Copa spots to Sound players?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          To be sure I follow, are you saying SU offered most of its returning players a Copa spot, or they offered Copa spots to Sound players?
          Which age group?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X