• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Towns starting up:
    Lincoln, Portsmouth, Warwick, N Kingstown
    Towns not:
    East Providence, Cranston, Tiverton

This is what I’ve heard so far...but it’s a moving target because with in each town some coaches are practicing but other coaches are choosing not to. I’m guessing A teams will practice B teams will wait until fall.
    I am unsure of the other towns but tiverton coach did reach out to us to see who wants to play this summer. Most of the team is interested so I think our team will start up soon but no confirmation yet either. I wonder if coaches might be waiting to start practices for school year to end since they are parents helping their own kids with homeschool.We were told we would practice once a week for the summer and shown really good plans, diagrams etc so we are excited and hopeful.

Comment

Glad to hear about Tiverton. This is why Tiverton soccer is doing so well now. Dedicated coaches and families. Well done. Passionate people leading the helm over there now. Good for them for making the comeback.

https://www.heraldnews.com/news/20191109/girls-soccer-tiverton-defends-title-with-shootout-win-over-cranston-east

Comment

Towns starting up:
        Lincoln, Portsmouth, Warwick, N Kingstown
        Towns not:
        East Providence, Cranston, Tiverton

This is what I’ve heard so far...but it’s a moving target because with in each town some coaches are practicing but other coaches are choosing not to. I’m guessing A teams will practice B teams will wait until fall.
        Yea this post is wrong, although you did say it is a moving target. I hear that Cranston and Tiverton are starting up practices next week.

Comment

Because club soccer teams have tournaments in the not too distant future, whereas town soccer was cancelled long ago, with no word on anything from the governing body. I can get my kids together, and I plan on doing that at some point, but there will be no objective other than to get a ball at their feet among their friends.

Also, the kids who play on club teams are "Serious Soccer Players," for the most part. The kids on my town team are not quite as serious, except for the two club players we have, and those two are getting their desire for soccer satisfied by their club. If you have a town team full of serious players, more power to you, enjoy the glory you will no doubt experience in the fall.
          Loser.
          "The kids on my town team are not quite as serious."
          Maybe because their coach isn't serious?

Comment

Club coaches are paid (typically) and want to be paid. Town coaches are volunteers (typically) and are possibly home with kids or working full time. That is one main point in why club soccer is opening before town.

If you're eager to get back on the fields in town, take your kids to a field in your town.

Comment

Yea sure when they put the nets back on! The goals are being held hostage. But not the point. Kids need to be on the field now with their teammates from their town teams not just their parents.

Comment

Call up your kids' friends and make it happen yourself. It's free.

Comment

Pathetic. Coaches start up town soccer or just please quit. God so lazy.
                  My son does play with his buddies but not every kid gets to do that. Try thinking of all the kids.

Comment

Yea this post is wrong, although you did say it is a moving target. I hear that Cranston and Tiverton are starting up practices next week.
                    I'm involved with one of those towns. We are working out a program since some of the kids (spring only) won't be insured under SRI unless we pay fees. Plus we have stable group of 15 limitations, and guidelines to put in place. Right now we are getting the coaches to contact parents so we can make stable groups based loosely on spring team structure. Responses so far are at about 70% want to play. This is all volunteers doing this so not a simple undertaking. Not making excuses, just reality. If it were up to just me, I would out there with my team now.

Comment

Good job coach! You are the kind of coach our players need.would love to see my son and his buddies get back on the pitch. I bet parents will help if you ask us. We can’t afford club either this is all we’ve got.

Comment

Is there a town you are affiliated with? If so, join the board or volunteer to coach. Be the change you want to see in the world. Or surf over to Club soccer and be sure to pay your down payment first.

And you don't need nets on goals. Grab some cones or use shoes - old school. Your son will be fine. You will be fine.

Comment

Pathetic. Coaches start up town soccer or just please quit. God so lazy.
                          Why aren’t you coaching?

Comment

Good job coach! You are the kind of coach our players need.would love to see my son and his buddies get back on the pitch. I bet parents will help if you ask us. We can’t afford club either this is all we’ve got.
                            I don't like when coaches lower the bar too low for town soccer. Town soccer is where everyone gets their start and if you're going to coach then you should want to do a good job. I did Zoom footskills with my kids over the COVID break. I opened it up beyond my team and sometimes I had up to 30 players (mostly town) participating. Families should not have to spend the money for premier or limit their multi-sport athlete to one sport for their kid to get good training. All it takes is some passion from a coach and a lot of these players grow. I'll take the satisfaction I get helping a kid grow into a solid player in town over being paid to recruit players any day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X