Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discussions about Pennsylvania soccer.

Old 04-24-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the Ukies are doing a very good job of demonstrating that a good club, with good leaders who have college coaching connections can transcend the supposed need to be in ECNL to get exposure to college coaches. In the NE, ECNL is just a forum for PDA and FC Stars to showcase their players - 30% of the NE league is PDA and FC Stars - all the other teams are just there to provide opponents to PDA and FC Stars.

I am willing to bet in 1-3 years, college placements at Ukies will be better than those of Delco and FC Bucks and perhaps other NE ECNL clubs as well (other than PDA and FC Stars)
Okay? How long has Ukies been in existence? But still need another couple of years? Tomorrow is always a day away too.
Old 04-27-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I think the Ukies are doing a very good job of demonstrating that a good club, with good leaders who have college coaching connections can transcend the supposed need to be in ECNL to get exposure to college coaches. In the NE, ECNL is just a forum for PDA and FC Stars to showcase their players - 30% of the NE league is PDA and FC Stars - all the other teams are just there to provide opponents to PDA and FC Stars.

I am willing to bet in 1-3 years, college placements at Ukies will be better than those of Delco and FC Bucks and perhaps other NE ECNL clubs as well (other than PDA and FC Stars)

Maybe on the boys side but that comment about college placements is a bit delusional for girls.
Old 04-27-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Maybe on the boys side but that comment about college placements is a bit delusional for girls.
You need to have the players in order for the “connections” to be relevant and right now the girls side does lack quality....they regularly lose to township teams and PSC basically owns them.
Old 04-30-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
You need to have the players in order for the “connections” to be relevant and right now the girls side does lack quality....they regularly lose to township teams and PSC basically owns them.
Please enlighten me with your facts. Provide me with dates, games and scores that shows PSC owns these FC Bucks girls' teams and let's try to keep it within the past 2 years and please above the age of 13. I know people love to live in the days of 8-9 year old soccer when their kids were going pro.
Old 04-30-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Please enlighten me with your facts. Provide me with dates, games and scores that shows PSC owns these FC Bucks girls' teams and let's try to keep it within the past 2 years and please above the age of 13. I know people love to live in the days of 8-9 year old soccer when their kids were going pro.
None of it matters. The PSC teams are always done after U14. The girls that want to play soccer as a primary sport leave for other clubs. PSC do a pretty good job as a parent run club, but they are nothing more.
Old 04-30-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
None of it matters. The PSC teams are always done after U14. The girls that want to play soccer as a primary sport leave for other clubs. PSC do a pretty good job as a parent run club, but they are nothing more.
You’re wasting your time at that amateur club, come to Ukies. Same goes for Real NJ by the way....
Old 04-30-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
You’re wasting your time at that amateur club, come to Ukies. Same goes for Real NJ by the way....
Hahaha...no way. A new league does not mean automatic cred.
Old 05-01-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
That may be true but at least we have an elite league with no township mom and pop teams in it!!
Old 05-01-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I had never heard of this club and looked them up. They are downright awful on the girls side playing in EDP DIII. Am I looking at the right club?
Old 05-01-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I had never heard of this club and looked them up. They are downright awful on the girls side playing in EDP DIII. Am I looking at the right club?
You sure are and that’s the disappointment for so many that this kind of BS continues in youth soccer. PDA South in ECNL and Ukies in GAL just should not have taken place neither belong.