Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm trying to understand. If Seacoast moves NPL teams to DPL, they would be playing the same clubs as the academy teams? So I'd have to drive to NY for soccer? Or is DPL just a new name for the existing NPL?

I'm not complaining. I get clubs are going to do what they do and consumers can decide. We specifically turned down academy in the past as it doesn't work for our family to travel that much for one of our kids activities (we have 4). Just trying to learn so I can start preparing my daughter that we may need to look around for next season.
    Just confirming for you that will not be the case. The DPL division next year will not be the same clubs/travel which academy has. It will be New England clubs, similar to the current NPL set up. Take what I am saying for what you think it is worth, just giving you insight.

Comment

Thank you for that. That's the level of travel that I can accommodate. Glad to hear it as my daughter does like Seacoast and I have no complaints either.

Comment

Also I know I should reach out to IS or CS. Was just hoping for a quick answer tonight. Appreciate it.

Comment

Just confirming for you that will not be the case. The DPL division next year will not be the same clubs/travel which academy has. It will be New England clubs, similar to the current NPL set up. Take what I am saying for what you think it is worth, just giving you insight.
          How will that work when there are only a few programs in GAL?

Comment

How will that work when there are only a few programs in GAL?
            What do you mean? For this coming year, the same clubs are still in place.

It's always wise to take it year-to-year and evaluate the totality of the agreement each spring: your child's happiness, the development, the coaching, the club, the competition, the costs, the impact on your time.

For 20-21, I don't see a major change. Next year? Deal with that then. If you checked a positive to response to the items I listed above, I personally don't see a reason to change right now. There's already too much unknowns over the next 12 months to add in another. That's our thinking, anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X