Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I may be reading it the wrong way, but other than up front registration fee, I understood EFC plan is that they moved to monthly payments only to be paid when practices actually begin... or if there was another shut down later, the monthly payment would stop. I understand other clubs are still requirement full year or 1/3 - 1/4 payment plans.
    You are reading it correctly. They originally said they wouldn't begin collecting until soccer begins. However after further review, it seems the board decided to adjust for any missed months after the 20-21 season ends.

Q: What happens if Covid-19 requires additional shutdowns?

A: We will evaluate and adjust programming and payments to reflect field time missed due to government mandated restrictions or cancellations due to Covid-19. Any financial reconciliation due to virus-related shutdowns will be processed at the end of the season (April 30, 2021).

Comment

You are reading it correctly. They originally said they wouldn't begin collecting until soccer begins. However after further review, it seems the board decided to adjust for any missed months after the 20-21 season ends.

A: We will evaluate and adjust programming and payments to reflect field time missed due to government mandated restrictions or cancellations due to Covid-19. Any financial reconciliation due to virus-related shutdowns will be processed at the end of the season (April 30, 2021).
      Other than sorting out the mess of last year's $ like all other clubs will have to deal with, EFC's plan seems just to me. I've heard other clubs are still requiring full year or a significant fraction of up front.

What are other clubs requiring?

Comment

From WPFC:

How will the player fees be impacted if we are not on the field in May?

Club leadership understands the impact the Covid-19 virus has had on the economy and our membership. The club will be charging a flat player fee of $80; this is the amount that is due when accepting the roster spot in the pool. The reduction in the normal monthly amount is also reflected in the annual amount due. E.g. U11 and above players the annual fee was $2400 and now has been reduced to $2240. For U9 and U10 players, the annual fee was $1700 and will now be $1610.

Comment

From WPFC:

How will the player fees be impacted if we are not on the field in May?

Club leadership understands the impact the Covid-19 virus has had on the economy and our membership. The club will be charging a flat player fee of $80; this is the amount that is due when accepting the roster spot in the pool. The reduction in the normal monthly amount is also reflected in the annual amount due. E.g. U11 and above players the annual fee was $2400 and now has been reduced to $2240. For U9 and U10 players, the annual fee was $1700 and will now be $1610.
          Those are reasonable prices. I don't feel this is exactly a get what you pay for scenario. Although if I were managing a club and had the creme de la creme of coaches, why not charge more. Costs more = must be better.

Comment

At EFC you won’t pay fees outside of registration and uniforms until they get back started.
            Let’s say you pay up front, you will be reimbursed at the end of the year after reconciliation.
            Let’s say you pay for July, but in the middle of July they get shut down. You will be reimbursed at the end of the year after reconciliation.
            Let’s say not only July gets shuttered mid month but so does August, September, October, and November. They won’t charge you.

Further they are trying to figure out a cost effective way of refunding for 2019/2020. It ain’t going to be much, but what they can afford.

This is more than fair.

Comment

At EFC you won’t pay fees outside of registration and uniforms until they get back started.
              Let’s say you pay up front, you will be reimbursed at the end of the year after reconciliation.
              Let’s say you pay for July, but in the middle of July they get shut down. You will be reimbursed at the end of the year after reconciliation.
              Let’s say not only July gets shuttered mid month but so does August, September, October, and November. They won’t charge you.

Further they are trying to figure out a cost effective way of refunding for 2019/2020. It ain’t going to be much, but what they can afford.

This is more than fair.
              They are very vague on what they will reimburse you for. So far I have a $40.00 credit for last year for two months of missed soccer.

Comment

They are very vague on what they will reimburse you for. So far I have a $40.00 credit for last year for two months of missed soccer.
                Agree, these are professional soccer coaches, not communication experts. In any event, I don’t think EFC is trying to rip anyone off. Just the opposite.

Comment

Not a refund, a team credit towards next year.A $40 incentive to re-up. Anyone know why EFC hasn't posted their coach list for 2020-2021 yet?

Comment

Not a refund, a team credit towards next year.A $40 incentive to re-up. Anyone know why EFC hasn't posted their coach list for 2020-2021 yet?
                    Uh, it’s been posted...

Scroll to the bottom.

https://www.eastsidefc.org/tryouts

Comment

Anyone know if any of our local clubs received PPP loans?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X