Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can see that but these are unusual times. Some families won't be able to afford soccer going forward and clubs are going to want all the fees they can get. If you aren't happy with your child's placement, just tell the club you need to explore your options. Families do this even when the economy is not in collapse. Be polite, be considerate, but look out for your kid.
    FROM EFC WEBSITE, THE RCL PLAYER PLACEMENT RULES. TO SUMMARIZE, A SCHOLARSHIP COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER HAS MORE FLEXIBILITY TO CHANGE TEAMS THAN A NINE-YEAR-OLD IN THE RCL:

Due to Governor Inslee extending Washington State’s stay-at-home order through May 4th, there will not be in-person tryouts for the 2020-21 season. The governing body of the RCL has decided to implement a player placement program to allow the teams to be formed in May and be ready to go once the Governmental guidelines allow clubs to resume playing.

Returning to Same Club Player Registration: Players may register and be rostered for their same club beginning on May 1st.

The May 1st date for registering players can ONLY be: a player who was registered in your club for the 2019-20 season, US Club players, USDA players, non-registered players or players within your own rec/select club association.

These players can sign up for the placement process with RCL clubs effective immediately. This allows the coach and prospective to player to have communication in advance of the May1st registration period

Tryout Registration

If RCL players register for a different club's “tryouts”, personnel from that club are allowed to communicate with the player/player’s family BUT not offer an opportunity to register with the club until May 5th. This communication between the player and the player’s family with the club is allowed because the player, by signing up, has expressed interest in the this RCL club.

There is no final deadline for registration.

Established RCL Recruiting Guidelines are in place (i.e., an RCL club’s representatives - Coaches/Directors/Administrators/Board Members cannot contact players unless the potential player/family initiates the communication with the club). It is important that a club has evidence showing that the player’s tryout registration was previously accepted to avoid any potential recruiting violations from being raised by another club or by Washington Youth Soccer.

The player placement process is the best solution available to allow the RCL clubs, and the individual teams, to be ready to begin playing quickly upon easing of the social distancing policies in place. Having mutual respect for one another will go a long way in getting our clubs and the RCL league up and running again.

The details regarding the player/parent/club contract are determined by each club.

If an RCL player decides to leave an RCL club to join another club, most RCL clubs allow a player to leave their club as long as the departing player is current with their club dues and fees. It is our recommendation that players who are current should be allowed to leave an RCL club to join another club of their choice.

Paul Bayley

RCL Commissioner

Comment

I will take my chances when everything shakes out.

Comment

My dd is a high level player in ECNL. We know all of the high level girls in ECNL and Reign in our age group. We have known these girls since U11 pre-GDA and the list has changed, but you have your core group. Coaches have a much better view of talent than we do, but if we know which girls are coming in at any club, we have a pretty good idea who will be cut.

The parents who were never really part of this group are the ones freaking out b/c they do not really have a strong gauge of each player. Some of the Reign and ECNL are figuring out where their dd will play the most and have an impact. There are no real strangers here after years of playing with them, like a dysfunctional extended family. Family Reunion Time! :)
        Your funny! You say coaches have a better perspective of players then you but you self evaluate your daughter as a high level player in the ECNL. Too funny!
        And I like that you insinuate that the parents needed to be part of the group to be accepted back. Believe me I would take my daughter far away from this drama.

Comment

Your funny! You say coaches have a better perspective of players then you but you self evaluate your daughter as a high level player in the ECNL. Too funny!
          And I like that you insinuate that the parents needed to be part of the group to be accepted back. Believe me I would take my daughter far away from this drama.
          Shrug. Ain't me telling this but evaluations and discussions from coaches from other higher level platforms.

No, you do not understand. That's ok. Maybe I am troll or maybe I am a whacked out parent. But maybe I am telling a little grain of truth and you can take it or leave it. Honestly, what do you think high level pay to play soccer is not about drama? If YNT travel player (mine is not, but we know who they are) came into your club, at your age group, and played your dd position, what would you think or do?

Look carefully at the current rosters. Ask around who will be coming in. Do your homework, parents. The rosters will be full. Do not think there will be space later. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X