Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls ECNL

Question: for those of you have been involved with ECNL over the years, what does the subbing look like at your club? Daughter is on the A team now; we are at a club that participates in ECNL and will possibly move to ECNL with try outs this year. I've heard subbing is different than what we are used to in RCL. Do coaches typically give players equal time, or does everything tend to change once you hit ECNL. Daughter is not a starter now, but does get lots of time in RCL. Will this change? Do coaches only play 11 starters and maybe sub in bench players last 5-10 minutes? Trying to see the value in ECNL for a non starter.....

girls ecnl

My daughter has been on an ECNL team for 4 years. The rules are different in ECNL vs RCL - ECNL can only sub a player once per half. So if your player is on the field and subs out, they can not come on until after a new half has started.
    As for playing time, it is up to the coach. There is no ECNL rule to dictate how much time a player receives. Our team typically has a starting 11 and 75% of those will stay on the field for a full half, and 25% will come off 1/2 way to 1/3 of the way through a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Question: for those of you have been involved with ECNL over the years, what does the subbing look like at your club? Daughter is on the A team now; we are at a club that participates in ECNL and will possibly move to ECNL with try outs this year. I've heard subbing is different than what we are used to in RCL. Do coaches typically give players equal time, or does everything tend to change once you hit ECNL. Daughter is not a starter now, but does get lots of time in RCL. Will this change? Do coaches only play 11 starters and maybe sub in bench players last 5-10 minutes? Trying to see the value in ECNL for a non starter.....
      Not sure how old your daughter is, but potential isn't fixed. Sometimes non-starters move up and vice versa. My daughter's ECNL team is full of great players. There are some consistent starters but coach rotates opportunities for non-starters ie a player might start sometimes, play 30 min or a half another time, sit out a full game occasionally. Nobody is consistently stuck with just 10 min a game.

Comment

Can only speak of our club philosophy but in showcases, your player should be getting close to a half game per each game. More than likely, starters are starters with a few changes per game.

Home games are a different ball game, your kid may or may not get in a game.

Also you can only roster 18 per game.

I know for a fact Crossfire handles this differently but they are footing the bill for everything.

Just ask around about how the club or coach approaches their games.

Comment

thanks for the feedback.
          i have talked to a few parents at the club about how the ECNL coaches handle play time and got pretty much the same responses. all coaches are a little different. some barely play non starters, some say players will get equal play time at showcases, but no guarantee at home games. one parent said the coach stated play time would be based on training during the week and attitude, but come game day, coach started players that showed up late to training and/or were late to warm ups- so said one thing, did another, it's all about winning :)
          thanks again!

Comment

none

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...020-21-season/

NC Courage and United Futbol -- the latest girls DA clubs to join ECNL, following Real Colorado and Dallas Texans.

Per SoccerAmerica article:

"The youth academy of the USA's top women's club, which is linked to the club where new U.S. Soccer president Cindy Parlow Cone coaches, is leaving the Girls DA for the ECNL."

"The North Carolina Courage is the youth academy of the club that under Coach Paul Riley has won the last two NWSL championships and is affiliated through the Triangle Futbol Club Alliance with the non-profit North Carolina FC Youth, where Parlow Cone coaches. (Parlow Cone, as the NCFC Youth director, is not involved with the Courage academy). Riley also coached the Western New York Flash to the 2016 NWSL title. The North Carolina Courage Academy Director Sean Nahas was recently enlisted by U.S. Soccer to run a U-15 girls national team camp."

Comment

What sane parent wants to sign their kid up for ECNL or DA with what's going on in the world? Literally dying to get on a plane.

Comment

Speaking of ECNL, do you know what club will get the ECNL bid for the 2020-2021 season?

Comment

Speaking of ECNL, do you know what club will get the ECNL bid for the 2020-2021 season?
                  Highly doubtful there will be new ECNL clubs in this area. Maybe Reign if the decide to go the same route as some other GDA clubs recently announced.

Comment

Crisis brings clarity. ECNL, DA, who give a f**k. We all just figured out that the most important thing is that our kids need and want to play soccer right here at home. Every kid in Washington grin would be fine playing on a Z team right now if they could just get outside and play right NOW. Find a good coach who really knows how to teach and is kind, and stop worrying about the f**king league or the badge on the sleeve. You don’t need to travel all over the place. You can get tested and demolished by lots of teams right here at home. more importantly, now is the time to support our local clubs and coaches, not some far away league office in Chicago or North Carolina. Seriously, people! ECNL??!! DA??!! ***!

Comment

Highly doubtful there will be new ECNL clubs in this area. Maybe Reign if the decide to go the same route as some other GDA clubs recently announced.
                      Unfortunately for their girls, the Reign will not be allowed in the ECNL. They had way to big a fight with all the other local ECNL teams. Best thing for the girls would be to go back to their original clubs in the next 2 weeks (EFC and SU mostly) and play in the ECNL.

The Reign DA girls are a quality side. No offense to the PSPL but it would be a travesty if those girls got stuck playing there. I watched the Reign U-15 "reserves" play this fall in the top division of the PSPL. It was horrible, horrible soccer on both sides. Both teams would struggle on the bottom divisions of the RCL or the NPSL.

Comment

Unfortunately for their girls, the Reign will not be allowed in the ECNL. They had way to big a fight with all the other local ECNL teams. Best thing for the girls would be to go back to their original clubs in the next 2 weeks (EFC and SU mostly) and play in the ECNL.

The Reign DA girls are a quality side. No offense to the PSPL but it would be a travesty if those girls got stuck playing there. I watched the Reign U-15 "reserves" play this fall in the top division of the PSPL. It was horrible, horrible soccer on both sides. Both teams would struggle on the bottom divisions of the RCL or the NPSL.
                        There wasn’t a top division of u15 pspl in the fall, and 9th grade u15’s were out playing high schoo, so whatever you saw wasn’t what you say it was. Reign’s top teams almost certainly won’t be playing PSPL— they’ll either be ECNL or they’ll be in the new competitor to ECNL along with a bunch of other former DA clubs and others. No reason for anyone to do anything over the two weeks. Changing clubs without an opportunity to meet and train with a new coach and players would be a poor decision.

Comment

I am sorry, it sucks for the kids there, but the Reign is the Titanic right now. The music is playing, it's time to get off the boat.

Comment

I am sorry, it sucks for the kids there, but the Reign is the Titanic right now. The music is playing, it's time to get off the boat.
                            I’m sure your clearly genuine concern is much appreciated by all. And your insights into future developments in a market in which, just today, 24 of the former DA clubs (including four of the top ten girls clubs in the country) announced they are launching a league with other clubs around the country in competition with ECNL, and in which no one or will playing soccer with or against anyone for at least a couple months, and in which it’s unclear anyone will be getting on planes anytime soon, are surely uniquely well-informed.

Comment

I’m sure your clearly genuine concern is much appreciated by all. And your insights into future developments in a market in which, just today, 24 of the former DA clubs (including four of the top ten girls clubs in the country) announced they are launching a league with other clubs around the country in competition with ECNL, and in which no one or will playing soccer with or against anyone for at least a couple months, and in which it’s unclear anyone will be getting on planes anytime soon, are surely uniquely well-informed.
                              Actually I am sorry to see it. I don't have a daughter who plays soccer, just a son. I have a neighbor on the Reign and they are family friends. I agree with you about airline travel to games, I don't think it will happen this fall at all.
                              The ECNL likely could at least play local games. The league you speak of I am sure you know just took three areas of the country with teams that didn't get into ECNL. I am sure there will be more, I just don't see how that's changes the equation for the Reign.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X